Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Fourth Generation

Fourth Generation Discuss the fourth generation Pokemon games: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 06:10 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi
Default Re: I don't understand my lack of levels

That always happened to me, and I could never understand it until I decided to not immediately go for a full team at the start of the game. In D/P, I (eventually) managed to beat Cynthia with level 45s, and it was horrendous, but that was because I had a full team right at the start and was sharing out valuable exp between six monsters and not getting very high in levels. I recently restarted my SS and stuck with only two Pokemon at the start of the game, and I never had any trouble with having to go back and level up more due to not being able to beat a gym or whatever. O:
It also helped me stick with the game longer, and I challenged Red for the first ever time and beat him. All the hype about him on the internet is nonsense! xD

Old 01-12-2011, 10:23 PM
Jake434 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombi View Post
That always happened to me, and I could never understand it until I decided to not immediately go for a full team at the start of the game. In D/P, I (eventually) managed to beat Cynthia with level 45s, and it was horrendous, but that was because I had a full team right at the start and was sharing out valuable exp between six monsters and not getting very high in levels. I recently restarted my SS and stuck with only two Pokemon at the start of the game, and I never had any trouble with having to go back and level up more due to not being able to beat a gym or whatever. O:
It also helped me stick with the game longer, and I challenged Red for the first ever time and beat him. All the hype about him on the internet is nonsense! xD
Red is quite easy, but I only got him after I evolved my Piloswine. I amazingly found a heart scale with a Luvdisc during a swarm. I actually got an OHKO with Mamoswine against his Pikachu with EQ and Mamoswine was only level 43. The team I beat Red with was:
TyphlosionLv 57
Ampharos Lv 56
Mamoswine Lv 43
Ho-Oh(main) Lv 79
Groudon Lv 49
Jolteon Lv 54

If you want a moveset just send me a message.

I'm also breeding starters(except d/p/pt ones). SS code: 1720 9998 0906
Old 01-12-2011, 10:39 PM
Mr420 Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamoosekazi View Post
I don't like to lose... so I reset my game if a trainer beats me.
lol
it's win, or go home... the idea of losing to an NPC is not in my vocabulary
hahaha i do the same thing. I never give my mons the chance to dislike me like that..ill keep an eye out for your PM

Pokérus Empire
Old 01-13-2011, 03:05 AM
Kamoosekazi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kamoosekazi Send a message via Skype™ to Kamoosekazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake434 View Post
Red is quite easy, but I only got him after I evolved my Piloswine. I amazingly found a heart scale with a Luvdisc during a swarm. I actually got an OHKO with Mamoswine against his Pikachu with EQ and Mamoswine was only level 43. The team I beat Red with was:
TyphlosionLv 57
Ampharos Lv 56
Mamoswine Lv 43
Ho-Oh(main) Lv 79
Groudon Lv 49
Jolteon Lv 54

If you want a moveset just send me a message.

I'm also breeding starters(except d/p/pt ones). SS code: 1720 9998 0906
I try my best to stay away from Ubers in my setup. But sometimes you need a good sweeper or wall lol
And the fact that you were lucky to have a level 70 Ho-oh.... lol

I breed most starters on my Diamond game along with some Wish Eevees and a few other odds and ends...
Had to stop for a bit due to work, school and WoW raiding... I might bring up my thread again in the near future :)

Mooose?
HG: 3310 0154 1176
Diamond: 4297 5852 0422
Black: 3439 2406 3942
Black 2: 0991 9566 0589
Trade/Breed

Like me as a person? FB, you can totally get the latest news about me and contact me directly from here
Also, my cell phone is on my FB, and texting me means trades at most times of day!

XBL- KaMooseKazi
Old 01-13-2011, 02:23 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Moonlight View Post
I have a team of powerful Pokémon, but second try on the Elite Four? Lance is unbeatable yet. So I'm trying to beat the crap out of Red right now. But my Pokémon are sooo underleveled and they always have been, don't worry about it. Training Pokémon, yes, it is a bother, but I do it.

(And get annoyed with it cause they get tiny amounts of EXP D:)
It doesn't matter if you beat Lance or not. As long as you get a good portion of EXP per E4 run.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:58 PM
Ceromax Offline

Get a Lucky egg it Gives you 1.5x exp. to get it catch a stantler and a get a butterfree Put butterfree in first spot knock it out Put stantler in Second then teach it thief. then find route 13 and find the small patch of grass closed in by trees, go to your pokegear radio listen to the pokemon talk channel when mary says This is breaking news a swarm of *example pokemon* has decided to go to Route*example* If it doesnt say chansey go to your ds settings change it to 23:59 Then go back and when it asks to turn off say yes. Go to your game quickly then when the minute passes it will be 00:00 (the next day) And keep repeating until you see chansey. when you find chansey it will like be holding a lucky egg because of butterfrees Compoundeyes it Gives you 50% More chance of finding a item. when your in battle use stantlers theif and keep Repeating until you find lucky egg get 2-4 Just incase. then walk around kanto and find trainers and just battle them with the pokemon you need trained and you'll be fine. i did this in less then 30 minutes and i got my pokemon to level 60+ quick. When i got to mount silver i gained about 5 levels every 6-10 minutes and got to 80 rreally fast. So yep I hope you have a good Time Getting some lucky eggs ;)

Also with the Lucky egg battle the elite four.

You could also try Ev Training But this takes a while to do.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:39 PM
Mr420 Offline

^ this method is a surefire way to easily level up.
[but again I must say this] you could be at level 100 but with improper EV training you'll yield the same results.

Pokérus Empire
Old 01-15-2011, 01:39 AM
Kamoosekazi Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr420 View Post
^ this method is a surefire way to easily level up.
[but again I must say this] you could be at level 100 but with improper EV training you'll yield the same results.
naw, level 100s can sweep you through the game with or without proper EV training. The higher stats alone mixed with basic understanding of movesets can beat every NPC in the game.

Wifi battling strats are way different than NPC strats.

But ya, it does seem as though they want you to keep your party minimal at the begining of the game. However, I would prefer to use a full team of 6 before the first elite four because once you get there, there's no real way to level your weaker pokemon after you pass the victory road and clear out all the trainers.

Mooose?
Trade/Breed

Like me as a person? FB, you can totally get the latest news about me and contact me directly from here
Also, my cell phone is on my FB, and texting me means trades at most times of day!

XBL- KaMooseKazi
Old 01-15-2011, 04:10 AM
Mr420 Offline

Thumbs up Re: I don't understand my lack of levels

from a personal perspective here's why I say what I say.
My Lake of Rage GDos .
I caught it & kloned it asap. the 1st time around I gave it an EV spread of 252 HP/252 ATK/6 Spe
sure enough the power was there both WiFi & NPC but I often lacked the speed I needed to perform the sweep I needed.
so I trashed it & KLoned my UT shiny- gave it a spread of 6 HP/252 ATK/252 Spe
This alone renderD the results I was looking for .
They were both one & the same nature & IVs but the EV training made all the diffence were it counted...
thats all im saying.

Pokérus Empire
Old 01-15-2011, 12:14 PM
Trent Reznor Offline

Send a message via AIM to Trent Reznor Send a message via MSN to Trent Reznor Send a message via Skype™ to Trent Reznor

From my lifeless perspective, I would've trained the starter as much as possible and Exp. Share'd. It worked for me, it worked for me.

Twin: Eternal Moonlight | Sister: Scourge of Amaranth | Pair: Doodlebop
Theme by Mizuki Emi
Old 01-16-2011, 06:28 PM
Kamoosekazi Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo Face Here View Post
From my lifeless perspective, I would've trained the starter as much as possible and Exp. Share'd. It worked for me, it worked for me.

I rolf'd hard lol
I too am a lifeless person... I play WoW -.-

Mooose?
Trade/Breed

XBL- KaMooseKazi
Closed Thread