02-10-2010, 02:06 AM
Pokemon Video Game Championships 2010!
The official Pokemon website
announced the Pokemon Video Game Championships 2010:
Get ready for the Pokémon Video Game Championships, returning in spring 2010 to cities across the globe!More...
Returning participants will notice that most of the rules and guidelines are the same as last year, but we’ve been working hard to make exciting changes that will make the 2010 Pokémon Video Game Championships better than ever! These changes include:
- Players now using Pokémon HeartGold or SoulSilver Version games exclusively
- Pokémon Level 51 and higher being automatically graded down to Level 50 for the duration of the battle using a new auto-leveling feature
- Each Pokémon keeps all of the moves it knew before being adjusted
- Pokémon that evolve after Level 50 don’t devolve
- Any Pokémon below Level 50 will stay at its current level
- Virtually every Pokémon found in the National Pokédex of Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Versions is eligible, including Pokémon traded in from earlier games, with the following exceptions:
- Arceus, Celebi, Darkrai, Deoxys, Jirachi, Manaphy, Mew, Phione, and Shaymin cannot participate
- A team cannot contain more than two of Dialga, Giratina, Groudon, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Lugia, Mewtwo, Palkia, and Rayquaza during a battle
Stay tuned for more information regarding the upcoming Pokémon Video Game Championships! Look for details around March 14th when Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Versions arrive in stores!