Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions Welcome to the forum! Introduce yourselves here.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-03-2011, 02:26 PM
Platinum Lucario's Avatar
Platinum Lucario Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Warrnambool, Victoria, Australia
Posts: 18
Send a message via ICQ to Platinum Lucario Send a message via AIM to Platinum Lucario Send a message via MSN to Platinum Lucario Send a message via Yahoo to Platinum Lucario Send a message via Skype™ to Platinum Lucario
Default Platinum Lucario... has returned!

Well, after I registered here back in 2008, I didn't even do anything when I first joined. I have joined many forums before I came here, the first ever forum I joined was PokéCommunity. As alot of you wouldn't have met me before (except Graceful_Suicune, Tory vs Meaty II and Anastasia-R of course).

So allow me to introduce myself to those who haven't met me before, my name's Davin, I'm a 17 year old guy who really enjoys meeting new people, chatting on xat, and of course... editing ROMs (mostly .nds ones of course xD).

So I have returned to PE2K, along with a problem of course... I'm not sure if it's because I haven't posted yet... but I can't seem to see the tabs on my own profile, even though I have the privacy settings set to "Everyone", it still won't show any tabs on anyone's profile, I'm not sure if it's something that happens when you don't have any posts, but it appears as if I can't see any tabs on even my own profile, it's odd. Maybe it's a problem that hasn't been fixed it? I haven't even been able to change tabs or anything. I sure do hope some admin fixes it.

EDIT: Even when I posted, the tabs wouldn't appear, I even tried changing forum styles, still didn't do anything. Dx

EDIT2: Here's the screenshot:




It's really weird, I wonder if I'm actually in a different usergroup or something? 'Cause it seemed like Graceful_Suicune didn't have that problem.

Last edited by Platinum Lucario; 01-03-2011 at 02:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-03-2011, 09:20 PM
Judgmental Arceus's Avatar
Judgmental Arceus Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Your front door with a loaded P90
Posts: 7,534
Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus
Default Re: Platinum Lucario... has returned!

Welcome to the Elite and I don't have that problem either. Maybe it's your computer.
__________________
Credit to mayfan1000. VPP Browser Post
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-04-2011, 01:27 PM
Graceful_Suicune's Avatar
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ashley's pants
Posts: 4,886
Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune
Default Re: Platinum Lucario... has returned!

WELCOME BACK! >8D Of course, I didn't know you back in '08, but I do now! :D And I hope someone can fix your error. D: It's odd!

~GS.
__________________
Everyone who's still stuck here, Pe2k is Dead. It's sad, but it happened. Instead, we moved to...

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-04-2011, 03:14 PM
Arch Enemy's Avatar
Arch Enemy Offline
Force the Reason
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,251
Send a message via AIM to Arch Enemy Send a message via MSN to Arch Enemy
Default Re: Platinum Lucario... has returned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum Lucario
I wonder if I'm actually in a different usergroup or something?
Well I guess that's the most likely scenario. xD If you have some time to kill, you can possibly try to create a new account, and see if you still have that problem? :3 Anyway, welcome back to PE2K, Platinum Lucario. I hope you have fun with us all here.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-04-2011, 03:48 PM
Platinum Lucario's Avatar
Platinum Lucario Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Warrnambool, Victoria, Australia
Posts: 18
Send a message via ICQ to Platinum Lucario Send a message via AIM to Platinum Lucario Send a message via MSN to Platinum Lucario Send a message via Yahoo to Platinum Lucario Send a message via Skype™ to Platinum Lucario
Default Re: Platinum Lucario... has returned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcemegus View Post
Welcome to the Elite and I don't have that problem either. Maybe it's your computer.
Thanks, but yeah... it's weird... no one else but me seems to have this problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post
WELCOME BACK! >8D Of course, I didn't know you back in '08, but I do now! :D And I hope someone can fix your error. D: It's odd!

~GS.
Thanks Xanthe, and yeah, I hope it can be fixed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko-chan View Post
Well I guess that's the most likely scenario. xD If you have some time to kill, you can possibly try to create a new account, and see if you still have that problem? :3 Anyway, welcome back to PE2K, Platinum Lucario. I hope you have fun with us all here.
Thanks, and yeah... I'm thinking it's probably a problem with the usergroup I'm in, but I'm fine with this username. xD

And now... I'd like to show you all... something odd. It's not my computer that's having this problem of the profile tabs not showing up, because it's fine on PC, take a look for yourself:

I still do think it's a problem with the usergroup that I'm in, I'm pretty sure. Because everyone else can see the profile tabs but me. And this is just to prove that it's not my computer that's having this problem.

I'll PM one of the Super Moderators about this problem, however... I'm not sure if Super Mods have the usergroup permission to change usergroups, so it might have to also be taken up to one of the Admins, since the Moderator Control Panel doesn't have the ability to change usergroups. I think only the Admin CP can do that.

Last edited by Platinum Lucario; 01-04-2011 at 03:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-04-2011, 04:17 PM
Etymology's Avatar
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Forum Board Number 124
Posts: 3,957
Send a message via AIM to Etymology
Default Re: Platinum Lucario... has returned!

Welcome back! :]

I have that problem with some users as well; don't some users set their profile so that doesn't come up?

EDIT: I don't think you can see the tabs of your own profile. I'll check with mine.

EDIT2: I can't see my own. Maybe it's just a setting this forum doesn't have on?

Last edited by Etymology; 01-04-2011 at 04:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-04-2011, 09:36 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky's Avatar
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Terseland.
Posts: 3,068
Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: Platinum Lucario... has returned!

Don't fail or die! Welcome back!
__________________
Latest Test/Work in Production:
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-05-2011, 01:52 AM
Grassy_Aggron's Avatar
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I...I don't know! WHERE DO I LIVE?!
Posts: 8,809
Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron
Default Re: Platinum Lucario... has returned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJello View Post
Welcome back! :]

I have that problem with some users as well; don't some users set their profile so that doesn't come up?

EDIT: I don't think you can see the tabs of your own profile. I'll check with mine.

EDIT2: I can't see my own. Maybe it's just a setting this forum doesn't have on?
How odd. You can't see your own tabs? I can :/

And uh...I have no idea what a usergroup is. Have you tried logging out and logging back on? What about a different browser?

I'd also make sure that you have the most recent browser version, too. But I'm just guessing ^^


Welcome back though~
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-05-2011, 07:43 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky's Avatar
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Terseland.
Posts: 3,068
Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: Platinum Lucario... has returned!

I know I always say this about nearly every problem that occurs, but I would at least check your firewall to make sure it did not switch settings automatically due to a malicious URL, or if someone else didn't mess with the settings. Stuff like that always happens, and a firewall can sometimes be a nuisance.
__________________
Latest Test/Work in Production:
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-06-2011, 03:33 AM
Assaundrell Yumerai's Avatar
Assaundrell Yumerai Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Where ninjas and Pokemons are
Posts: 1,517
Send a message via Skype™ to Assaundrell Yumerai
Default Re: Platinum Lucario... has returned!

And now you're back, I want to welcome you(^^)
*hands you a Lucario Plush*
__________________
I liek Mew I love Mew
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-06-2011, 04:38 AM
ashkelon's Avatar
ashkelon Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 534
Default Re: Platinum Lucario... has returned!

Pleased to meet you, Davin (love your name).

I've been coming here since 2004, and this is one of the best controlled forums of any type I've ever been too. Good balance between freedom of opinion and speech, and yet the insistence by the staff that people stay polite.

That said, if you have three people in a room, you have politics of some kind. I've managed to be here on and off all these years and really not get into any one faction or another. Unlike many of the other boards I go to.

Glad you're back (like me) and look forward to seeing you around.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-10-2011, 10:18 AM
Platinum Lucario's Avatar
Platinum Lucario Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Warrnambool, Victoria, Australia
Posts: 18
Send a message via ICQ to Platinum Lucario Send a message via AIM to Platinum Lucario Send a message via MSN to Platinum Lucario Send a message via Yahoo to Platinum Lucario Send a message via Skype™ to Platinum Lucario
Default Re: Platinum Lucario... has returned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumAnimations View Post
Don't fail or die! Welcome back!
I won't. lol And thanks. ^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
How odd. You can't see your own tabs? I can :/

And uh...I have no idea what a usergroup is. Have you tried logging out and logging back on? What about a different browser?

I'd also make sure that you have the most recent browser version, too. But I'm just guessing ^^


Welcome back though~
A usergroup... is what "member" "unregistered" "Admin" possitions are, they're something that are on every single forum, no matter what it is.

And yes, I have the recent Internet Explorer 8 for Windows XP. I'm sure that some of the forum styles only work for Google Chrome or Firefox. I have also tried logging out and logging back in again, didn't make a difference, but I know what the problem is now.

And btw, thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumAnimations View Post
I know I always say this about nearly every problem that occurs, but I would at least check your firewall to make sure it did not switch settings automatically due to a malicious URL, or if someone else didn't mess with the settings. Stuff like that always happens, and a firewall can sometimes be a nuisance.
For a firewall... I don't really have any anti-virus installed, however it does work for some forum styles, if the firewall really blocked it, it would've been every forum style probably.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assaundrell Yumerai View Post
And now you're back, I want to welcome you(^^)
*hands you a Lucario Plush*
Thanks so much! *is given a Lucario Plush*
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkelon View Post
Pleased to meet you, Davin (love your name).

I've been coming here since 2004, and this is one of the best controlled forums of any type I've ever been too. Good balance between freedom of opinion and speech, and yet the insistence by the staff that people stay polite.

That said, if you have three people in a room, you have politics of some kind. I've managed to be here on and off all these years and really not get into any one faction or another. Unlike many of the other boards I go to.

Glad you're back (like me) and look forward to seeing you around.
Oh wow, that was waaay before I even created my first account on a website. lol And yeah... freedom. Which makes me think of how there's still many things on Earth that need to be fixed so that everyone will have freedom, as long as it's not attacking someone. And thanks. ^^
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-10-2011, 06:10 PM
Charizard Michelle's Avatar
Charizard Michelle Offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Back in Green~
Posts: 10,046
Send a message via AIM to Charizard Michelle
Default Re: Platinum Lucario... has returned!

I am late but still. Welcome back.

Have you tried entering information for those sections? Maybe that is why. If not then I am stumped.
__________________
www.pokemonelite2000.com-One Piece at a Time Blog

I need to find a new girl-on-girl animation.

Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-10-2011, 08:30 PM
Trent Reznor's Avatar
Trent Reznor Offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 3,626
Send a message via AIM to Trent Reznor Send a message via MSN to Trent Reznor Send a message via Skype™ to Trent Reznor
Default Re: Platinum Lucario... has returned!

Welcome to le forume!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com