Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Pokemon Battling Center

Pokemon Battling Center Find an opponent to battle on Pokemon Black/White, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or Pokemon Online. Join a clan or tournament here.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #91  
Old 08-19-2010, 11:26 PM
Master Aqua's Avatar
Master Aqua Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Scotland
Posts: 8,969
Send a message via AIM to Master Aqua Send a message via MSN to Master Aqua
Default Re: [PVS] A Possible Alternative to Smogon Tiers

i quickly made up a team if anyone wants to test it.

75 points
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 08-20-2010, 02:00 AM
BulletPuncher's Avatar
BulletPuncher Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,414
Default Re: [PVS] A Possible Alternative to Smogon Tiers

To make things simple, I think the points should be based on two things: usage and base stat total.
__________________
PO: BulletPuncher
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 08-21-2010, 08:46 AM
Max211's Avatar
Max211 Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Scotland (GMT +1)
Posts: 136
Default Re: [PVS] A Possible Alternative to Smogon Tiers

takeru takaishi, I have a 73 point team that I may be willing to battle you with. Does it have any Ubers, including Salamence and co? For the tournament we'd be banning those Pokemon just as a heads-up.

Bulletpuncher, what were you meaning by usage? I was just thinking, doesn't usage vary for a lot of Pokemon even from month to month (then again, usage hardly varies at all for some Pokemon). To be honest I feel that Dragoon's numbers are pretty accurate at the moment, but maybe that's just me. :)

By the way folks, Dragoon's just finishing off the numbers for the NUs before we start sorting out things with the tournament.
__________________
[Steelix211 on Serebii]
Diamond Friend Code: 5456 8104 7784
PBR Friend Code: 3437 6488 8114


Like competitive battling, but like using your favourite Pokemon even more? You might want to check this out!
PVS Playtesters Group
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 08-21-2010, 08:26 PM
Master Aqua's Avatar
Master Aqua Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Scotland
Posts: 8,969
Send a message via AIM to Master Aqua Send a message via MSN to Master Aqua
Default Re: [PVS] A Possible Alternative to Smogon Tiers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max211 View Post
takeru takaishi, I have a 73 point team that I may be willing to battle you with. Does it have any Ubers, including Salamence and co? For the tournament we'd be banning those Pokemon just as a heads-up.

Bulletpuncher, what were you meaning by usage? I was just thinking, doesn't usage vary for a lot of Pokemon even from month to month (then again, usage hardly varies at all for some Pokemon). To be honest I feel that Dragoon's numbers are pretty accurate at the moment, but maybe that's just me. :)

By the way folks, Dragoon's just finishing off the numbers for the NUs before we start sorting out things with the tournament.
no ubers are on the team, however i am using pokemon online :(
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 08-23-2010, 09:57 AM
Max211's Avatar
Max211 Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Scotland (GMT +1)
Posts: 136
Default Re: [PVS] A Possible Alternative to Smogon Tiers

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeru takaishi View Post
no ubers are on the team, however i am using pokemon online :(
You mean like on Shoddy? The tournament itself is going to be held over Wi-fi as far as I know, so you might want to get started on breeding that team! :)
__________________
[Steelix211 on Serebii]
Diamond Friend Code: 5456 8104 7784
PBR Friend Code: 3437 6488 8114


Like competitive battling, but like using your favourite Pokemon even more? You might want to check this out!
PVS Playtesters Group
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 08-23-2010, 11:06 AM
Master Aqua's Avatar
Master Aqua Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Scotland
Posts: 8,969
Send a message via AIM to Master Aqua Send a message via MSN to Master Aqua
Default Re: [PVS] A Possible Alternative to Smogon Tiers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max211 View Post
You mean like on Shoddy? The tournament itself is going to be held over Wi-fi as far as I know, so you might want to get started on breeding that team! :)
I was just meaning a one off battle. No point in breeding a team, no wi fi.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 08-25-2010, 08:15 AM
Max211's Avatar
Max211 Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Scotland (GMT +1)
Posts: 136
Default Re: [PVS] A Possible Alternative to Smogon Tiers

Okay then, would that be the program Pokemon Online? If you're wanting a one-off battle I could maybe give it a shot later on. When would be a good time for you?

[EDIT] I've installed Pokemon Online, and I'm ready to battle whenever you are. Just give me a PM when you're ready to battle.
__________________
[Steelix211 on Serebii]
Diamond Friend Code: 5456 8104 7784
PBR Friend Code: 3437 6488 8114


Like competitive battling, but like using your favourite Pokemon even more? You might want to check this out!
PVS Playtesters Group

Last edited by Max211; 08-26-2010 at 02:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 09-16-2010, 08:07 PM
Dragoon952's Avatar
Dragoon952 Offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 36
Default Re: [PVS] A Possible Alternative to Smogon Tiers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max211 View Post
Okay then, would that be the program Pokemon Online? If you're wanting a one-off battle I could maybe give it a shot later on. When would be a good time for you?

[EDIT] I've installed Pokemon Online, and I'm ready to battle whenever you are. Just give me a PM when you're ready to battle.
How did the battle work out?
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 09-16-2010, 11:20 PM
pkmnrulz's Avatar
pkmnrulz Offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NYC derp
Posts: 326
Default Re: [PVS] A Possible Alternative to Smogon Tiers

i think some pokemon are over powered while others are underpowered. lke having uxie and azelf both at 14. azelf is much better. are these going to be definite.
__________________
Pokemon stuff

->top16 vgc2012 New jersey
->6th place vgc 2012 Rhode Island
->Highest rated american on random match-ups double!!!
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 09-17-2010, 08:32 PM
Dragoon952's Avatar
Dragoon952 Offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 36
Default Re: [PVS] A Possible Alternative to Smogon Tiers

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkmnrulz View Post
i think some pokemon are over powered while others are underpowered. lke having uxie and azelf both at 14. azelf is much better. are these going to be definite.
They aren't set in stone per se. I'm nearly done with all fully evolved pokemon, and full testing can start then. If it turns out some of them are off, I want to try and find as objective as a reason why that is and figure out what needs tweaked. You might be surprised, though. Maybe these values will work in the metagame this will create.

So, short answer, no. I'm hoping to get good feedback during the testing phase to pinpoint "anomalies."
Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old 09-18-2010, 03:59 PM
Max211's Avatar
Max211 Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Scotland (GMT +1)
Posts: 136
Default Re: [PVS] A Possible Alternative to Smogon Tiers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon952 View Post
How did the battle work out?
We're still yet to have the battle actually. How's the numbers getting on?
__________________
[Steelix211 on Serebii]
Diamond Friend Code: 5456 8104 7784
PBR Friend Code: 3437 6488 8114


Like competitive battling, but like using your favourite Pokemon even more? You might want to check this out!
PVS Playtesters Group
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 09-22-2010, 02:51 PM
Dragoon952's Avatar
Dragoon952 Offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 36
Default Re: [PVS] A Possible Alternative to Smogon Tiers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max211 View Post
We're still yet to have the battle actually. How's the numbers getting on?
Just posted the new numbers at Serebii. All fully evolved pokemon are done with a smattering of NFE. Will do Ubers next when I get time.

Now that those numbers are done, I'll get the tournament set up. I'll keep you posted.
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 09-25-2010, 09:11 PM
Dragoon952's Avatar
Dragoon952 Offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 36
Default Re: [PVS] A Possible Alternative to Smogon Tiers

The first ever PVS tournament is ready for sign up! Head over to Serebii and check it out if you're interested. An Adamant Level 1 Beldum is up for grabs:

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=467742
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 01-04-2011, 02:17 PM
Dragoon952's Avatar
Dragoon952 Offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 36
Default Re: [PVS] A Possible Alternative to Smogon Tiers

In case anyone is interested, a version of this system is available to test on Pokemon Online's Gamma Server. I would love any input from players who'd like to give it a shot.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com