Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 05-25-2010, 11:03 AM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: How often do you write?

Nice way of putting it lol.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:15 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

Well, me? I actually don't get the chance to write everyday (barring RPs) on my current stories, so I usually have great splurges every now and then where I right several pages at a time. Before I got in school, I wrote about a page a day, but I don't have that luxury anymore. xD

Old 05-26-2010, 08:00 PM
Giratina Offline

It very much depends on the day; for example, when I have a major writer's block on how to go about writing something (like right now! Exorcism FTL!) I will stare at the document and write maybe a paragraph. Then I will take my laptop downstairs where it it's less than 600 degrees and I'll write three pages or so. I am capable of more than that, though; I wrote Indebted (a ten page one-shot) in one day.

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)
Old 06-04-2010, 07:24 AM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey

As often as I can. My schedule is often packed, and I've already got a book I'm working on, so fanfictions are low in priority, but a step above poetry right now...
Old 06-07-2010, 05:07 AM
Chillaxed09 Offline
Experienced Trainer

I write everyday, but not always creatively. =P

As for an answer to the question of why some people find it easier to write at night or in the morning, according to one of my teachers, those are the times that your mind is working more freely. It has something to do with how in the morning your mind is still kind of working in "dream mode" where pretty much anything can happen, and at night, your mind is subconsciously reviewing your day and preparing for sleep, etc. I have no idea how accurate that is, but it kind of makes sense, so I buy it. :3
Old 07-31-2010, 01:25 PM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed09 View Post
I write everyday, but not always creatively. =P

As for an answer to the question of why some people find it easier to write at night or in the morning, according to one of my teachers, those are the times that your mind is working more freely. It has something to do with how in the morning your mind is still kind of working in "dream mode" where pretty much anything can happen, and at night, your mind is subconsciously reviewing your day and preparing for sleep, etc. I have no idea how accurate that is, but it kind of makes sense, so I buy it. :3
o:

Wow, well that makes sense! I guess I thought it was something like that. xD But it sure does help! 8D *goes to Word*

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:18 PM
PokemonJohto Offline

I have low motivation, however feedback really drives me, so basically I write as often as I get reviews.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:53 PM
Dark Moonlight Offline

I write every day. That simple

Spoiler:
Old 08-12-2010, 09:45 PM
GallantlyGlaceon Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to GallantlyGlaceon

I usually just write every day. I've always been able to write better and stuff at night, so that's when I usually write. Normally, I'll try to write a few pages a day, but if I'm not in the mood, then I'll probably just write a few paragraphs or sentences.
[12:38:20 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH" <---- Yup.
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."
Old 08-12-2010, 10:16 PM
Dark Moonlight Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolty Jolteon View Post
I usually just write every day. I've always been able to write better and stuff at night, so that's when I usually write. Normally, I'll try to write a few pages a day, but if I'm not in the mood, then I'll probably just write a few paragraphs or sentences.
I write best in the morning and come up with the best ideas at night.

Spoiler:
Old 09-22-2010, 08:58 PM
Doodlebop Offline

I have issues with not writing. Actually, I really have issues with finishing things. I tend to hit a brick wall, stare at the screen, then decide it's stupid and go cry in my emo corner. xD Lazy meee.

I do a great deal of writing in my head, especially at night. Getting it on paper, now that's a problem.

THANK YOU CHAAAAR. *uberglomp*
Quick note: I usually go by Doodleniks. It you see me somewhere else with that alias, feel free to drop me a line! ;)
Pair: Yo Face Here
My Links
Old 09-22-2010, 09:16 PM
Giratina Offline

Not very much lately, as my grade has induced a sudden spike in homework levels... not to mention all the outside junk going on. > .> I don't think that having three long-term projects will be a good idea in this state.

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)
Old 09-28-2010, 08:31 AM
Rival Silver Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlebop View Post
I have issues with not writing. Actually, I really have issues with finishing things. I tend to hit a brick wall, stare at the screen, then decide it's stupid and go cry in my emo corner. xD Lazy meee.

I do a great deal of writing in my head, especially at night. Getting it on paper, now that's a problem.
When did you become me? Seriously, Lol. It's my emo corner and my writers block and emotions of "It's dumb, don't post it"

Like he said I tend to write every day... I'm on a forum :O and on some other ones. But stories and such I don't write often as I am rarely ever inspired and when I do thats when my "Your a idiot, this is dumb, why would you think of posting this" emotion kicks in.

Yet planning of writing a story for URPG... Let's just hope its good enough and is graded this year...

I get the motivation and idea normally in the day as I put work aside in school and tend to do it when I get home. I rarely ever write in the morning as I got more important things (Apparently school is important) to do.

<--- Credit to Doodlebop|Credit to Temporal Snake
Old 12-31-2010, 11:36 AM
Silvyre Offline
Experienced Trainer

My process:

1) Play a really cool game. (ie Pokemon White, FINAL FANTASY IV *joytear*)
2) OMG, I WANNA WRITE A STORY ABOUT DIS AHSUM GAME. ITZ SO KEWL!!!
3) Develop characters, basic plot, setting, important stuff, etc.
4) Write the first chapter.
5) Two options:
- 1. "Ugh, this sucks. I'm not gonna finish this." = The series... will never be touched again >_>
- 2. "THIS IS GREAT!!!!1 ZOMG!!11! I LUV IT!!" = The story goes on :D It usually lasts around ten to fifteen chapters, haha.

That's what usually happens... it's easier for me to write short stories. I have such a bad problem with finishing big projects, anyway.

Most of the time I'm really busy with school and other stuff, so I tend to focus on that. But when I'm overworked or when I have lots of free time - like on breaks - I find myself writing a lot, be it out of anger, inspiration, or just for pleasure. It takes my mind away from things. It's mostly when I'm inspired or have an idea that I want to expand on. And when inspiration hits, I'll stay up until dark o'clock to get it all on [virtual] paper.

Sometimes, though, I'll just start typing and see what comes out. If it's a good day, I'll like it and continue. If it's an off day, then... it's an off day. *shrug*

...weelll, I'm sure that was helpful xD Basically I go by my gut feeling, but I'd say at least once a week, at least with a little poem or short story (I call them excerpts).

Banner by Arate || Behind the Eyes of Cipher
Look at its beauty! <--- Made by WWotS, fellow lover of Shadow Lugia. :o