Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!

Old 12-31-2010, 09:36 AM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: What was YOUR game of the year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masami View Post
You haven't played many games in this decade then, have you? Especially since it's the worst COD. And I've played every single one. Cod4 EASILY destroys it.

Starcraft II.
You are saying that MW2 would beat Black Ops? I know the answer, but in sarcasm I must ask. Have you ever played a Call of Duty?
Old 12-31-2010, 11:22 AM
Masami Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Masami Send a message via MSN to Masami

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumAnimations View Post
You are saying that MW2 would beat Black Ops? I know the answer, but in sarcasm I must ask. Have you ever played a Call of Duty?
Did you just miss the fact I said I'd played every COD, and the last 3 as part of clans?
Ofcourse MW2 wouldn't beat BlackOps, I never said MW2 was a good game, cause it isn't. The quick scoping is highly amusing however. Where as......black ops multiplayer is boring. So yes, MW2 wins.
Black Ops wins solely on the campeign, which was good.
However there's some quite amusing things on MW2, where as black ops is simply dull.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:22 AM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey

For me? Definitely Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep. =]

~Professor Geoffrey
Old 01-01-2011, 03:27 AM
Orthar Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orthar Send a message via MSN to Orthar Send a message via Skype™ to Orthar

Definitely Red Dead Redemption, what a fantastic game.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:40 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Sonic Colors, yatatatata XD

Sure, I beat the storyline within 5 hours...But I have a lot of "red ring" collecting to do. And the new voices~ I must admit, Roger has won me over. He absolutely wonderful with Sonic - really captures the attitude. And Katie for Tails wasn't bad either.

And Mike was the only actor to survive the change. Eggman was as evil as ever. Wasn't a lot of "hoo hoo hoo"s. That odd type of laugh, you know. I missed that.

I mean, it isn't one of the best games - Sonic Adventure 2 and Shadow the Hedgehog beat it, but still, it was really fun to play. I was angry Sonic Colors wasn't on the list for Spike's VGAs.

Buuuut, oh well. Tiddlywinks! *Poofs*
Old 01-01-2011, 04:32 AM
LS Offline

Quote:
I'm not a fanboy, I'm actually anti-cod(halo/CS <3). However, being in a cod clan kinda enforces you to play it quite often.
the online is terrible, the napalm strike is far FAR too glitchy, it takes far far too many bullets to kill a person for the cod play style. they tried to slow down the play and make it more tactical, which they utterly failed at.
I agree that Black Ops is not the best CoD game but I enjoy it more than MW2... CoD4 is known to be the best in the series so chill out. We're not havin a CoD war here.
Old 01-01-2011, 05:59 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS the Door Mat View Post
I agree that Black Ops is not the best CoD game but I enjoy it more than MW2... CoD4 is known to be the best in the series so chill out. We're not havin a CoD war here.

The irony here is that Call of Duty games center around war.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:07 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

Unlike the war-lovers here, I was a fan of Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep, Professor Layton and the Unwound future, and Final Fantasy XIII(which I just got). And can't try to choose between them.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 01-01-2011, 06:56 AM
Synester Offline

Send a message via AIM to Synester

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.

If you're ever going to create an MMORPG, make sure Blizzard has no intention of releasing anything that year.
Old 01-01-2011, 07:22 AM
Lan.exe Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lan.exe

Red Dead Redemption wins for games I haven't played. For games I actually played, Black Ops was good, but not as good as Minecraft.

I'm sorry, but I've never seen a game make as much of an impact as it has, and it's only been in beta for a two weeks. Sure, it's coded in Java which kinda sucks, but the game is survival horror in the purest form, combined with awesome Lego-style building. Plus the mod support is incredible, and there's mods to make Minecraft look crazy good and add all sorts of user-made content. So yeah, that indie game from Sweden is my GOTY.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:08 AM
s00pahFr0g Offline

To be honest, I was not particularly impressed with this year's games. I do not like FPS what-so-ever so and CoD or even Halo or whatever else is automatically a no for me. I do on the other hand happen to love RTS. My vote goes to Starcraft II. Despite the fact that the new battle.net is an epic fail and Blizzard should not have released it. I loved the old battle.net; it was brilliant in it's simplicity to use and yet it gave you all you needed to play online. The new one is a pain; I can't find any of my old UMS games and I can't be bothered to page through all those games just to find what I'm looking for. They may not have even remade it in the first place. I honestly didn't play the game much at all but it was a release that I've been waiting for for so many years.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:21 AM
Phantom Kat Offline
ˇCon ganas!

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Kat Send a message via MSN to Phantom Kat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlebop View Post
If the game doesn't have to be released this year, Legend of Zelda- Twilight Princess.

Finally... FINALLY got my hands on this game. AND IT WAS AMAZING. I honestly think it trumps Ocarina in nearly every way. *quickly raises flame shield* Close runner up was Professor Layton and the Curious Village.

And if it does have to be released this year, Rune Factory 3. I haven't beaten it yet, but I'm adoring it.
:D Let's hear it for Twilight Princess. It was a great game (an awesome way to be introduced to the LoZ franchise, in my case). I just it wouldn't be so easy the second time around. Oh well, it's worth it. :)

Released this year: Pokemon SoulSilver

Lovely graphics, AMAZING music. It truly kept my interest throughout the whole thing. I love the storyline (this coming from a person who never played G/S/C), certainly more interesting than D/P, in my opinion. Though I haven't completed it, I love it. :)

Not Released this year: Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

OhmygoshIfinallyfinishedit! ;_; Two years it haunted me. Aside from that, the game was challenging enough to keep me entertain but not brain-numbing difficult that would make the whole thing a pain (the Phantoms are a whole 'nother story.) The ending was well worth the trouble I went through finishing the darn game.

... Though it will be a snowy day in south Texas before I go through that hell again.

- Kat

(Banner by the epic Neo Pikachu) TAC Challenge: I'm learning Finnish! ^-^

My Author Profile | URPG Stats | Kat x Bryce
Old 01-04-2011, 05:35 PM
garjmp Offline
Banned
Master Trainer

Okay, I just played Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (my first AC game), well, a lot for the past week. The last few open world games I played before this game were Fallout 3, Grand Theft Auto 4, and Crackdown. After beating all of those games and doing some sidequests and stuff, I was kind of turned off by open world gameplay. However, I decided to pick up Assassin's Creed because my brother got it for Christmas. It's pretty looking and fun, and a nice change from my usual games that involve shooting things. Climbing and jumping from things is much funner and cooler than Crackdown once you get the controls. Furthermore, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood has a lot of things to collect, take over, and do, all in the campaign. 100%-ing this game beyond achievements won't be a chore, but actually fun, yet still slightly challenging. It also has a fresh multiplayer mode, and timed missions to compete for a leaderboard spot.

Anyway, I've concluded that AC Brotherhood deserves my game of the year award. I've also concluded that shooting and open world isn't really that fun, or isn't anymore. Shooting games are best in multiplayer.

Quote:
I'm not a fanboy, I'm actually anti-cod(halo/CS <3). However, being in a cod clan kinda enforces you to play it quite often.
the online is terrible, the napalm strike is far FAR too glitchy, it takes far far too many bullets to kill a person for the cod play style. they tried to slow down the play and make it more tactical, which they utterly failed at.
lol, it's pretty much the same multiplayer in terms of speed. It takes one more bullet with no Stopping Power available for some guns, killstreaks aren't as fun/powerful, there is no OMA Grenade Launcher spam, and snipers are nerfed. The change in speed is hardly noticeable, and if 1 extra bullet is "far far too many bullets", maybe you need to aim better.

Last edited by garjmp; 01-04-2011 at 06:37 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:38 PM
The Maple Syrup Baptist Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to The Maple Syrup Baptist Send a message via MSN to The Maple Syrup Baptist

My game of the year is a tie between God Of War III and Mass Effect 2.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:27 PM
Stardy Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Stardy

I'll give it to Mass Effect 2 for all the fun and replays I managed to have on it. Bioware created a masterpiece with it, and, outside of the storyline, is a direct upgrade of the first game. Had a lot of fun on other games as well, such as Halo: Reach and Red Dead Redemption, but Mass Effect 2 wins it for me.

Stardy = awesome