Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!

Old 11-26-2010, 02:45 AM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus
Angry Stupid fillers

Don't you hate it when fillers of your favorite shows, regardless of whether or not they are necessary, ruin the action between multiple episodes of your favorite anime/manga?
Old 11-26-2010, 10:46 PM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter
Default Re: Stupid fillers

I know I do most of the time--like the Bount arc in Bleach. Not only was it stupid, it took up episode time that could have been used to go ahead and move on to the Arrancar arc, which I was majorly excited about getting to thanks to the manga.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 11-27-2010, 06:19 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Cherry View Post
I know I do most of the time--like the Bount arc in Bleach. Not only was it stupid, it took up episode time that could have been used to go ahead and move on to the Arrancar arc, which I was majorly excited about getting to thanks to the manga.
Same way I felt about the Zanpakutō Unknown Tales and Beaat Swords arcs. I was all patiently waiting for Ulquiorra to go into resurreción and kick Ichigo's ass but the anime had to go off on a tangent. >.<
Old 11-27-2010, 01:06 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Do you guys prefer filler arcs or do you guys prefer strings of filler episodes? I think One Piece did a pretty decent job with fillers with the Impel Down arc, but it might just be that Eda gave a lot of material for the animators to work with. There's even a lot of space for fillers after the Impel Down arc too.
Old 11-28-2010, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
Do you guys prefer filler arcs or do you guys prefer strings of filler episodes? I think One Piece did a pretty decent job with fillers with the Impel Down arc, but it might just be that Eda gave a lot of material for the animators to work with. There's even a lot of space for fillers after the Impel Down arc too.
'Tis true that there are fillers that can be worthwhile regardless of them being arcs or multiple episodes, but those are often special cases. Think of how long it took Ash and company to get from one city to another. Thats the kind of crappy filler I'm mostly refering to. Sure the Team Galactic stuff did hook me to stay interested, but otherwise I was bored with it. When I started this thread I had watched the newest episode of Bleach which was a filler episode about movie making, a stupid filler in my opinion. Then I remembered the 10th year anniversary episode which interrupted some fight I don't currently recall and was absorbed in.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:29 PM
Shiny Gardevoir Offline

Depends on the filler, if it's unique or plain out hilarious.
Example, Pokemon:
Let's say he and Pikachu switches bodies, or Pikachu and all other pokemon turn into humans while they turn into pokemon, or we discover more of his past...
Old 12-18-2010, 05:55 PM
Megiddo Flame Offline

Pokemon is filled with f*ckloads of fillers. I hate the filler episodes. They ruined Johto, Hoenn, and most importantly, Sinnoh!

Kids, if you want a monster anime with little to no fillers, GO WATCH DIGIMON!
Old 12-18-2010, 07:41 PM
Peace Buyer Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Peace Buyer

Well, fillers are nessesary when it comes to the anime, If the anime went to far ahead, people without TV/ Internet would get restless whilst waiting for the next vol. comes out makind most if not all the readers get upset and most off them quit reading it. And thats why we got fillers.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:21 PM
Megiddo Flame Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Buyer View Post
Well, fillers are nessesary when it comes to the anime, If the anime went to far ahead, people without TV/ Internet would get restless whilst waiting for the next vol. comes out makind most if not all the readers get upset and most off them quit reading it. And thats why we got fillers.
But Pokemon was RIDICULOUS with fillers as of late.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:28 PM
Gokudera-Kun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Gokudera-Kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos_Control View Post
Umm, without fillers, a season of Pokemon would be like, 12 episodes long with each episode being a different gym battle or another round of the championship.

Filler episodes are cool, especially when the creators decide to take a break and do something silly, 2-3 seasons of fillers is stupid.(I'm looking at you, Naruto) But one or two filler episodes between each arc isn't too bad. My brain would fry if I didn't get a little break between major plot points.

VPP: Giratina, Level100 @ 4,554

Last edited by Gokudera-Kun; 12-27-2010 at 09:31 PM.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:00 AM
Peace Buyer Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Peace Buyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos_Control View Post
True, thats why were not talking about the Pokemon's fail fillers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyurgh View Post
Umm, without fillers, a season of Pokemon would be like, 12 episodes long with each episode being a different gym battle or another round of the championship.

Filler episodes are cool, especially when the creators decide to take a break and do something silly, 2-3 seasons of fillers is stupid.(I'm looking at you, Naruto) But one or two filler episodes between each arc isn't too bad. My brain would fry if I didn't get a little break between major plot points.

Naruto's fillers are epic fail... thats why I dont watch it...

Fillers from bleach are numerous but they are alot more important than most... why? because, there are times in history when the bleach anime was like 10-20 episodes ahead of the manga... so they did what they thought was nessesary... make fillers like hell....