Re: Crystal Gallery ( Taking Requests )
Hmm. You're doing good for a start, but your banners are really...basic. There's no depth, flow, light source, the quality of the request (the render) is bad. Here are some tips:
- Go look for some tutorials. They wil give you a lot of things and pointers you'll soon use to make your original ones. sigtutorials.com is a good place to start, and there's even a resource thread here, stickied.
- Don't render your own pictures. It's a hard process, and it takes a lot of time and effort. Even something that looks relitively easy, is hard. I've tried. I've failed. I can't be bothered trying again.
- If you can't find the appropriate render or you're not satisfied, use a stock image. It provides a background, and you don't have to blend it in.
- Use the right colours. Don't just use random colours, sometimes it may not look good. Use the eye dropper tool, click somewhere on your render, and there you have a perfectly good colour! :)
- Blend. Blend it in with the background. Now you don't have to do this most of the time as most renders you'll find are quite good. But it helps to smudge it a little.
- Use a simple font in a simple place. There's no NEED to make it all fancy and big. Just, somewhere easy. Use the appropriate one too.
Well, hope you found these tips useful. No need to rush, I'm still not pro.