Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling » Rate My Team

Rate My Team Get your competitive battling team rated here and get help with movesets and battling strategies.

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 02:31 AM
Moe2 Offline

Default Burning Combat (UU RMT)

Alright so this is my 1st RMT in almost 2years now. I decided to make a UU team as they are a lot of fun when testing out new idea's. As OU just smacks around anything that looks too much like a gimmick.
The purpose of this team is to set up Screens so Scyther can get +2 Atk/Spe and baton pass it to someone who will ruin the opposition.

Ambipom@Silk Scarf
Technician
Jolly 252-Atk 252-Spe 4-Def
-Fakeout
-Return
-Taunt
-U Turn

Ambipom is used to break sashes and stop the opponent from setting up rocks which scyther hates. I usually U-Turn to uxie to start setting up after.

Uxie@Light Clay
Levitate
Impish 252-HP 252-Sp.Def 4-Def
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Stealth Rock
-U Turn/Memento

Uxie is the dual screener, setting up rocks and taking hits like a champ. EV's are to maximize both defenses. I usually run U-Turn but momento looks as if it might be more helpful to ensure scyther gets to stat up after.

Scyther@leftovers
Technitian
Jolly 216-Spe 224-HP 24-Sp.Def 44-Def
-Swords Dance
-Agility
-Substitute
-Baton Pass

Baton Pass Scyther with no attacking options. Behind screens this guy has no problem taking a hit, even super effective hits bar Rock attacks barely scratch this guy. The EV's are to maximize Lefties Recovery while still being able to out pace base 100's. If I manage to get in a Swords Dance and Agility to Heracross then its often GG right there.

Azumaril@Leftovers
Huge Power
Adamant 252-Atk 244-HP 12-Spe
-Waterfall
-Aqua Jet
-Return
-Ice Punch

Used to take fire attacks aimed at heracross/scyther. This is basically the Choice Bander set without the Choice Band. Azumaril will appreciate either boost from Scyther to Smack around her Opponents.

NidoKing@Life Orb
Poison Point
Rash 252-Sp.Atk 80-Atk 176-Spe
-Earth Power
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Super Power

Great Wall Breaker NidoKing is the Only Special Attacker on my team. He takes Rock and Electric attacks aimed at Scyther and hits back hard with STAB Earth Power and the BoltBeam combo. Super Power to take out Chansey/Clafable.

Heracross@Flame Orb
Guts
Adamant 252-Atk 220-Spe 36-Def
-Close Combat
-MegaHorn
-Facade
-Night Slash

Finally, the star of the show. Heracross is the main baton Pass recipient. Capable of sweeping 6-Straight should I get +2 in both Atk and Speed. Even without any stats from scyther Guts boosted Attacks coming off of 383 Atk is serious business. The Attacks give me perfect coverage, OHKO'ing anything with a Swords Dance under his belt and out speeding everything with an Agility.

Last edited by Moe2; 12-23-2010 at 06:28 PM.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:44 PM
Moe2 Offline

Default Re: Burning Combat (UU RMT)

This is awesome. So much discussion, I don't know who's advice to listen to...
Old 12-25-2010, 01:20 PM
NTT Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe2 View Post
This is awesome. So much discussion, I don't know who's advice to listen to...
Don't be too surprised, this forum's Strategy section has always been quiet.

But yeah, I can see jolly Guts Hera causing big problems of Ambipom goes down early. He outspeeds everything else (excluding Scyther) and, if my calcs are correct, has no problem 2HKOing the rest of your team at worst. An easy fix would be to fit Ariel Ace onto Scyther somewhere, since a quad strength STAB Techician-boosted AA should cause a world of pain even without EV investment. Alternatively a mixed Arcanine could function in the place of Nidoking, being able to outpace and KO Hera with it's STAB. I've used a set of Flare Blitz/Extremespeed/Dragon Pulse/HP Grass@Life Orb to some success in the past.

Aside from that, no glaring weaknesses as far as I can see.

Wifi (Soul Silver): 1677 6730 3945
Shoddy Battle (Smogon Server): NTT
Pokémon Online (Beta Server): NTT
Old 12-25-2010, 07:02 PM
Moe2 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTT View Post
Don't be too surprised, this forum's Strategy section has always been quiet.

But yeah, I can see jolly Guts Hera causing big problems of Ambipom goes down early. He outspeeds everything else (excluding Scyther) and, if my calcs are correct, has no problem 2HKOing the rest of your team at worst. An easy fix would be to fit Ariel Ace onto Scyther somewhere, since a quad strength STAB Techician-boosted AA should cause a world of pain even without EV investment. Alternatively a mixed Arcanine could function in the place of Nidoking, being able to outpace and KO Hera with it's STAB. I've used a set of Flare Blitz/Extremespeed/Dragon Pulse/HP Grass@Life Orb to some success in the past.

Aside from that, no glaring weaknesses as far as I can see.
hmmm, Mixed Arcanine... I like it! thanks, Im going to try it out
Closed Thread