Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards » Sprite Art

Sprite Art For both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related sprite art.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-15-2010, 10:22 PM
Etymology's Avatar
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Forum Board Number 124
Posts: 3,957
Send a message via AIM to Etymology
Default i like jelo





I wonder what I should sprite today. A new fusion? Maybe I could scratch something entirely different, perhaps?

Nah, I'll just sprite a Ditto.

Hello there, and welcome to my Ditto sprite sanctuary. Being the crazed Ditto fanatic I am, I feel compelled to make as many sprites of the blobular Pokemon as I can!

What's that? You don't like Ditto?

Then get out!

Okay, I'm not that cruel. Even if you hate the pink angel-blob, feel free to comment on and criticise my work.

So, what do I have in my gallery today?

RAINBOW Ditto!: (ala recolours):



Just your simple recolour. Not much to see here. :o

And then someone let this one out of the cage.



It yelled: "I'm a firin' my laser," or something of similar nonsense.

The Many Appliances of Ditto (ala scratches):

Ditto can do many things. I'll try and sprite them all!



I love Ditto cup. I hope you do too!



SUMO SUIT GO! Ditto got sick of being pushed around, so it built itself its own metal sumo suit to kick butt. Not so big now, are you Machamp?



It's a Ditto pre-evo! I call it Dotti. Cos it's round and a corruption of Ditto. Yep. I imagine Ditto to be a chewing gum blob (in this instance, anyway). Ditto is after chewing, and Dotti is before chewing, so it's the solid ball you get before you stick gum in your mouth. I think they call those things 'gumballs' nowadays. Aaaanyway, I plan to make an evolution of Ditto later.

Other Blobby Goodness (ala other)



Pokeball animations of Ditto being sent in and out of a Pokeball. These took forever but are rediculously simple.



Enhanced Ditto icons.



Old sprite banner for my URPG stats.

Main Focus:

I'd wish to improve these sprites (well, I wish to improve all my sprites, but these in particular). If you leave criticisms on them I'd be incredibly grateful. I'm mainly worried about shading, buutt.



Thanks for looking around!

Last edited by Etymology; 12-15-2010 at 10:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-16-2010, 06:55 AM
Rinn's Avatar
Rinn Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Inhabitable
Posts: 166
Send a message via AIM to Rinn Send a message via MSN to Rinn
Default Re: i like jelo

I love this. So, so much. :')
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-16-2010, 02:17 PM
shadowinfernape's Avatar
shadowinfernape Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 233
Default Re: i like jelo

Finally a place where we can see only Dittos!I like jelo too!
__________________
In my sprite shop I do...





and more.

check it out if you can!

To shadowinfernape's fiery sprite shop
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-17-2010, 07:18 AM
Team_Edward019's Avatar
Team_Edward019 Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brisbane, Australia.
Posts: 512
Default Re: i like jelo

I love Ditto Cup long time ^^!
But the animation on the ditto is well...a bit boring to be honest.
The pokeball spinning is great, but when it pops out...it sits there...staring into your soul...O-O
Make it change colours, our animate it a little more >w<
Otherwise, everything is smexy :3
__________________

OMIGAWSHWARNINGWTH
The Pokemon Elemental Forums suck; don't go there.
They have an irresponsible, unreliable Admin, and two power
hungry moderators that will ban you if you say anything
that's even a smidgen not to their liking.
Don't say I didn't warn you.
Gakupo Luka
♥~Paired To The Epic Peace Buyer~♥
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-17-2010, 08:12 AM
Graceful_Suicune's Avatar
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ashley's pants
Posts: 4,886
Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune
Default Re: i like jelo

The mug needs shading work, as you've pointed out. The main problem is the palette--the colours are to sharp and obnoxious; dull them down by bringing the cursor (while selecting a colour) down towards the grey section. Not so it's grey, of course, but enough to make it a duller purple. Watch how dark/light your shades get. For a mug, you might want to have one circular spot of light within the light shading. Make the light shading stretch across the length of the mug rather than just that spot. Leave the spot up to the really light, nearly white shade. The ditto on top is great; don't change that. You definitely need to work on the handle's shape and shade it with one extra shade (one step up, as in, a lighter shade, that's a stroke on the left of the handle). You may also want to shade it so that you can get the heart in and be able to shade that as well. Good luck.

As for the candy ones, the circular parts are shaded really well, so leave that. On the twisted part on the bottom of them though, there are only two shades, so just add a little bit of light shading maybe around the rim. As for the top one, I would redo the shape to look more like the bottom one, and try to shade it like you'd shade something wavy--in the ditch have vertical dark shades, and the bump, I guess, have the light shading--make sure you shade vertically.

I love pretty much everything else, but you should try things like fusions instead of simple recolours. I fused a quagsire with a ditto, once... *goes to find* Ahh, here: Clicky.

I'll look forward to seeing more. :3

~GS.
__________________
Everyone who's still stuck here, Pe2k is Dead. It's sad, but it happened. Instead, we moved to...

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-17-2010, 08:34 PM
Etymology's Avatar
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Forum Board Number 124
Posts: 3,957
Send a message via AIM to Etymology
Default Re: i like jelo



Are these better? (Decided to ditch the handle). Although admittedly the cup kinda looks like a bar of soap now. Is that just me?

And I'll go work on some fusions. :3 It'll be fun.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-19-2010, 09:29 PM
Etymology's Avatar
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Forum Board Number 124
Posts: 3,957
Send a message via AIM to Etymology
Default Re: i like jelo

Hey guys! More random stuff!

Firstly, a random scratch.



Don't ask.

Then two fusions.



Electrike and Wynaut respectively.

Then I thought of a project. What would Ditto be like with any ability? Hence these crazy images.



More to come later!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-20-2010, 01:51 AM
Graceful_Suicune's Avatar
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ashley's pants
Posts: 4,886
Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune
Default Re: i like jelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJello View Post


Are these better? (Decided to ditch the handle). Although admittedly the cup kinda looks like a bar of soap now. Is that just me?

And I'll go work on some fusions. :3 It'll be fun.
Oh, hey, thanks for the crit that you spent a while on, Xanthe!

._.

Yeah, it's a little better, but the shades are still too different. o: I think you should try and make them closer together--hue wise, not on the actual cup. And do you see how your dark shading curls in a specific way, but your light shading curls in the opposite way? Change it so that the light shading curls as well, and so it isn't touching the left edge of the mug. And yeah...I think the outlines are too light, as well. o: And more dithering, perhaps? The candy looks better, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJello View Post
Hey guys! More random stuff!

Firstly, a random scratch.



Don't ask.

Then two fusions.



Electrike and Wynaut respectively.

Then I thought of a project. What would Ditto be like with any ability? Hence these crazy images.



More to come later!
Bahaha, The scratch is pretty good, but it seems too wavy at the bottom, and they seem a bit wrongly drawn, too. Too short and stuff. o: See how the official one you usually use has three waves at the bottom? Try to work it more like that. Long, smooth bumps rather than little short ones.

The fusions are pretty good. xDD Nice job on them.

And, haha, I love that project. I think the magnet pull one is really funny. xD

~GS.
__________________
Everyone who's still stuck here, Pe2k is Dead. It's sad, but it happened. Instead, we moved to...

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-20-2010, 10:36 AM
Etymology's Avatar
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Forum Board Number 124
Posts: 3,957
Send a message via AIM to Etymology
Default Re: i like jelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post


Oh, hey, thanks for the crit that you spent a while on, Xanthe!

._.
I apologize. I became so focused on posting the sprite I forgot to give you the thanks you deserve. :o So thanks for all you do for me!

And congrats on sprite of the month, by the way. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post
Yeah, it's a little better, but the shades are still too different. o: I think you should try and make them closer together--hue wise, not on the actual cup. And do you see how your dark shading curls in a specific way, but your light shading curls in the opposite way? Change it so that the light shading curls as well, and so it isn't touching the left edge of the mug. And yeah...I think the outlines are too light, as well. o: And more dithering, perhaps? The candy looks better, though.
Thanks, I'll work on that. :o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post
Bahaha, The scratch is pretty good, but it seems too wavy at the bottom, and they seem a bit wrongly drawn, too. Too short and stuff. o: See how the official one you usually use has three waves at the bottom? Try to work it more like that. Long, smooth bumps rather than little short ones.
Well, when I first made that scratch I intended for it to be on top of an also scratched Mijumaru and scaring it, with the Mijumaru being shocked. Those bumps did meant to be the Ditto oozing onto the Miju's head. I suppose it's still a WIP, I still want to scratch the Miju. I'll give it another go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post
The fusions are pretty good. xDD Nice job on them.
Thankies. c: Planning to make more after my heap of requests in my shop are done. ._.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post
And, haha, I love that project. I think the magnet pull one is really funny. xD

~GS.
:3 I'm going to keep working on them. The hard part is finding out how to interprate the ability's names, rather then spriting them. xD

Thanks for all the help!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-20-2010, 01:20 PM
Disco's Avatar
Disco Offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Massachusetts, USA.
Posts: 960
Default Re: i like jelo

And we all know that Ditto should've been born with the Cute Charm ability. c:
I second all that G_S said, and I'd also like to mention that-
You reused the same sprite for shell armour and magnet pull, yeah?
(It's totally fine because they both work but maybe you could try changing the bottom a bit so it'd be less obvious. ; D)

THEN YOU SAY YOU CAN'T SPRITE. D: <
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-20-2010, 02:18 PM
Etymology's Avatar
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Forum Board Number 124
Posts: 3,957
Send a message via AIM to Etymology
Default Re: i like jelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post
And we all know that Ditto should've been born with the Cute Charm ability. c:
Seconded! Coming right up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post
I second all that G_S said, and I'd also like to mention that-
You reused the same sprite for shell armour and magnet pull, yeah?
(It's totally fine because they both work but maybe you could try changing the bottom a bit so it'd be less obvious. ; D)
I did indeed. I'm sorry for this utter sprital blasphemy I have just displayed!

I'll change it in my next update. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post
THEN YOU SAY YOU CAN'T SPRITE. D: <
Oh, I can sprite. I just can't sprite well.

*Obligatory sweatdrop*

EDIT: My SOTW 3 Entry. It's based off a scene from Nativity, with the three wise men (well, two, the other wise man was probably off breeding with an Eevee or something).



Which one should I enter; with text or without?

Last edited by Etymology; 12-20-2010 at 02:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-20-2010, 10:59 PM
Graceful_Suicune's Avatar
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ashley's pants
Posts: 4,886
Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune
Default Re: i like jelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJello View Post


I apologize. I became so focused on posting the sprite I forgot to give you the thanks you deserve. :o So thanks for all you do for me!

And congrats on sprite of the month, by the way. :3
xDDDDD It's okay. I just wanted to see how you'd react if I wrote that. xDDD But no worries. x)

Huh? Sprite of the month? *oblivious* That exists? xDDD *goes to look* (But thanks!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJello View Post
Thanks, I'll work on that. :o

Well, when I first made that scratch I intended for it to be on top of an also scratched Mijumaru and scaring it, with the Mijumaru being shocked. Those bumps did meant to be the Ditto oozing onto the Miju's head. I suppose it's still a WIP, I still want to scratch the Miju. I'll give it another go.
No worries. x)

Oh, right! Well that makes sense. xDDD Okay, do the miju, and then I'll re-comment. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJello View Post
Thankies. c: Planning to make more after my heap of requests in my shop are done. ._.

:3 I'm going to keep working on them. The hard part is finding out how to interprate the ability's names, rather then spriting them. xD

Thanks for all the help!
No worries. c: Oh, you are? xD Well if you like, I can work at your shop to help lighten the load or something. o: Feel free to say no though. xD

Cool! Yeah, I see what you mean. xDDD Doesn't look easy. I guess you could just post them and make other people imagine their names. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJello View Post
EDIT: My SOTW 3 Entry. It's based off a scene from Nativity, with the three wise men (well, two, the other wise man was probably off breeding with an Eevee or something).



Which one should I enter; with text or without?
Haha, that's cool. ^^ I think you should enter the ones with text, but I saw that you already did. o: I think it was a good idea. :D It just adds a personal feel so it, I think.

~GS.
__________________
Everyone who's still stuck here, Pe2k is Dead. It's sad, but it happened. Instead, we moved to...

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com