Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 11-22-2010, 10:09 PM
Trent Reznor's Avatar
Trent Reznor Offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 3,626
Send a message via AIM to Trent Reznor Send a message via MSN to Trent Reznor Send a message via Skype™ to Trent Reznor
Default Bullying

It is very likely that bullying affects or has affected us all. Bullying is a very serious issue that takes lives and endangers others. It has affected me before and it probably will further on. I want to know if it has affects/affected you and what your take on bullying is. Unfortunately, I'm spared on time, but I'll be able to make a valid point later on.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-22-2010, 10:41 PM
Skylands's Avatar
Skylands Offline
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The world may never know
Posts: 1,723
Default Re: Bullying

Bullying is disgusting. I absolutely hate it. Luckily, I haven't been bullied much, only a few times during Year 9 in Literature class. What really bugs me though, is when you tell the teacher and they do nothing about it, and then once the bully finds out you told on them, they go after you even more.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-23-2010, 01:32 AM
Trent Reznor's Avatar
Trent Reznor Offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 3,626
Send a message via AIM to Trent Reznor Send a message via MSN to Trent Reznor Send a message via Skype™ to Trent Reznor
Default Re: Bullying

Here comes my rambling point. *sigh*

I hate bullying in general. Even the thought of it alone sickens me to the core. Abusing and possibly torturing an innocent person should be one of the worst crimes possible, in my opinion. Living in Massachusetts, I have come to know some horrible bullying cases in the recent years. Last year, as I recall, an Irish newcomer named Phoebe Prince attended a school in South Hadley (western MA). The male seniors on the football team took a liking to her and the other girls started harassing her due to that fact. Anyway, she sadly killed herself.

Most of the time, most bullies are/were bullied themselves. Most of the time, the bullies insult the victim for what they actually are themselves (ugly, fat, etc.) I'm happy that the bullies didn't turn suicidal stemming from what they personally endured, but they need to stop bullying nonetheless. It doesn't make the situation any better, especially for the victim. As a matter of fact, my bully didn't have a clue about so many things that I could explain in the following block of words.

She didn't know how to properly use rhetorical questions. Those questions that she thinks are "rhetorical" are a far cry from it! Of course the questions need to be answered! By the way, the questions are too inappropriate for PE2K. Whenever she tries to argue with me, she attempts to either evade the main point or evade the argument completely. She tries to instigate something with me and then she has no decent backup to my side of the argument! I consider that stupidity and a foolish attempt at harassing me. It doesn't work.

Last but not least, I have a message to PE2K. If somebody here on PE2K is a bully, I recommend leaving now. You are a disgrace to the forum and all of society. I feel remorseful for the bullies who are victim of being bullied yourself, but even YOU need to stop. If you stop right this moment, I wouldn't mind you being on the forum. But for those hacks who do bully, I have no comment at all.

Last edited by Trent Reznor; 11-23-2010 at 01:34 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-23-2010, 10:45 AM
Starkipraggy's Avatar
Starkipraggy Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Gundam Porygon ZZ
Posts: 3,151
Send a message via MSN to Starkipraggy
Default Re: Bullying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo Face Here View Post
Here comes my rambling point. *sigh*

I hate bullying in general. Even the thought of it alone sickens me to the core. Abusing and possibly torturing an innocent person should be one of the worst crimes possible, in my opinion. Living in Massachusetts, I have come to know some horrible bullying cases in the recent years. Last year, as I recall, an Irish newcomer named Phoebe Prince attended a school in South Hadley (western MA). The male seniors on the football team took a liking to her and the other girls started harassing her due to that fact. Anyway, she sadly killed herself.

Most of the time, most bullies are/were bullied themselves. Most of the time, the bullies insult the victim for what they actually are themselves (ugly, fat, etc.) I'm happy that the bullies didn't turn suicidal stemming from what they personally endured, but they need to stop bullying nonetheless. It doesn't make the situation any better, especially for the victim. As a matter of fact, my bully didn't have a clue about so many things that I could explain in the following block of words.

She didn't know how to properly use rhetorical questions. Those questions that she thinks are "rhetorical" are a far cry from it! Of course the questions need to be answered! By the way, the questions are too inappropriate for PE2K. Whenever she tries to argue with me, she attempts to either evade the main point or evade the argument completely. She tries to instigate something with me and then she has no decent backup to my side of the argument! I consider that stupidity and a foolish attempt at harassing me. It doesn't work.

Last but not least, I have a message to PE2K. If somebody here on PE2K is a bully, I recommend leaving now. You are a disgrace to the forum and all of society. I feel remorseful for the bullies who are victim of being bullied yourself, but even YOU need to stop. If you stop right this moment, I wouldn't mind you being on the forum. But for those hacks who do bully, I have no comment at all.
The fact that the adults do nothing means that something is very wrong.

If it's not physical, you can quietly tell the adults while ignoring it during your daily routines. If they lay hands on you, this is where you slap them.
__________________


Mons are here though

私はグレダーです--I am a Grader
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-23-2010, 12:56 PM
Lord Fedora's Avatar
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Y'all stay off my property!
Posts: 8,471
Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora
Default Re: Bullying

I don't stand for it. At all. Ever.

When I hear about teenagers, kids even, committing suicide because of bullying it gives me nothing but absolute rage because I know, I know damn freaking well that there was a time when it could have just as easily been me. I was lucky, I got out of it and away from my bullies by a fortunate chance move, but had I not I might not be here today. All the people that I've met, my own step-sister, who I love more than almost anyone on the planet, would never have known me. Everything that I've done since that time, that I've accomplished, I wouldn't have been able to. That's what comes to my mind whenever I hear about these kinds of things. That those kids were't lucky. That they won't get to accomplish the things that were ahead of them. And it makes me sick.
__________________
URPG/ASB Stats
98% of teens won't stand up for God. Repost this if you think that statistic is the most laughable thing ever.
My new AIM username is GrayFedora12. Do not respond or click on links from any IMs from LordKhajmer.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-23-2010, 03:13 PM
Hassan_Descartes_AbdAllah's Avatar
Hassan_Descartes_AbdAllah Offline
Amateur Trainer
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: God's Green Earth
Posts: 61
Default Re: Bullying

we dun have that much bullying here in South Asia, but thanx to the movies and stuff we know about it all too well. We have had girls committing suicide because of eve teasing (thats one kind of bullying). Wanted to do a bit of idk youth project on the issue but got too busy.

Why dunch guys talk about practical stuff like

a) Underlying causes of Bullying, like where are the bullies coming from? Can a particular type of environment be held responsible for kids improving this type of behaviour etc.?

b) Effects of Bullying, the apparent ones i.e. physical and mental and the subtle ones, which makes people suffer in the long run.

c) Practical solution to this problem, what changes can be made so that people have less of a bully-mentality, would you suggest any punishment etc.

I would not say a word about it since I think US culture and south asian culture are radically different on so many levels. It would be interesting to see your response though (meant at everyone)

cheers
__________________
All human evil comes from a single cause, man's inability to sit still in a room. - Blaise Pascal
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-23-2010, 03:25 PM
Doodlebop's Avatar
Doodlebop Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Right there! *points*
Posts: 881
Default Re: Bullying

Thankfully, I'm homeschooled, so I don't really get bullied (most of my social interaction is church). However, I know for a fact that if my brother went to public school or maybe even private, he would basically be cannon fodder. I'm fairly confident in my ability to keep my head down, but my brother? Uh-uh. He's kind of odd, and with all of society's pressures to conform... I shudder thinking about it.

I was taken out of private school sometime in second grade (long story), but there was a kid who was a bully. I think he had home issues, but I have vivid memories of him hitting my best friend's face and making her nose bleed. That was a mess. I feel sorry for him, kind of...

But it totally sickens me. And I've also heard a story that a girl committed suicide because of bullies, and said bullies came to her funeral and laughed at her dead body. Sickening.
__________________

THANK YOU CHAAAAR. *uberglomp*
Quick note: I usually go by Doodleniks. It you see me somewhere else with that alias, feel free to drop me a line! ;)
Pair: Yo Face Here
My Links
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-24-2010, 08:53 PM
KantoBreeder's Avatar
KantoBreeder Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Down a mine shaft
Posts: 845
Default Re: Bullying

Why does it have to be human nature that to be different is wrong?
I wouldn't say that I've been a victim of serious bullying and for some reason I've never really seen much in the way of it. Maybe I'm just lucky... Still, even minor bullying can cause problems of its own.

There is one kid at school who can't say a thing without it being turned against him. I'm one of the ones who tries to stick up for him but the ones who do pick on him tend to be the ones who are better at arguing. Also, apparently he doesn't really mind it that much and even jokes about it sometimes.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-03-2010, 04:07 PM
Masami Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Im British, Its not a big deal.
Posts: 898
Send a message via AIM to Masami Send a message via MSN to Masami
Default Re: Bullying

If you're being bullied, stand up for yourself.
Make people laugh and just generally be sociable, people get bullied because they make themselves outcasts by seperating themselves from everyone else, after being bullied.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-17-2010, 04:13 AM
Rolitalatina43's Avatar
Rolitalatina43 Offline
New Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3
Default Re: Bullying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masami View Post
If you're being bullied, stand up for yourself.
Make people laugh and just generally be sociable, people get bullied because they make themselves outcasts by seperating themselves from everyone else, after being bullied.
I can say I agree with this.
There is a bit of a balance in dealing with a bully, I've been bullied myself especially in elementary and middle school. But holding your head down, and keeping quiet is definitely not going to help your situation. Bullies normally seem to go for the path of least resistance aka going for the easiest prey who they feel will not really fight back, and give them the reactions they want such as fear.
At the same time though I'm not nearly saying that violence or being equally aggressive will help either. In my opinion the worse thing you can do is just sit there and take it hoping it will stop.
__________________
I don't know how to be a good person...
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-19-2010, 05:04 PM
Starkipraggy's Avatar
Starkipraggy Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Gundam Porygon ZZ
Posts: 3,151
Send a message via MSN to Starkipraggy
Default Re: Bullying

Physical is really the threshold, but if you even feel your self-worth taking any sort of damage from their verbal lashings, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TELL SOMEONE WHOM YOU CAN TRUST (LIKE YOUR PARENTS), because the damage can really add up. If they hit you, you hit them back, and if they come at you in a bunch, then attract as much attention as you can. If you're screaming your lungs off and no one helps you, then your school is extremely messed up and you need a transfer ASAP.
__________________


Mons are here though

私はグレダーです--I am a Grader
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-19-2010, 05:21 PM
Trent Reznor's Avatar
Trent Reznor Offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 3,626
Send a message via AIM to Trent Reznor Send a message via MSN to Trent Reznor Send a message via Skype™ to Trent Reznor
Default Re: Bullying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkipraggy View Post
Physical is really the threshold, but if you even feel your self-worth taking any sort of damage from their verbal lashings, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TELL SOMEONE WHOM YOU CAN TRUST (LIKE YOUR PARENTS), because the damage can really add up. If they hit you, you hit them back, and if they come at you in a bunch, then attract as much attention as you can. If you're screaming your lungs off and no one helps you, then your school is extremely messed up and you need a transfer ASAP.
For me, I'm at an examination/magnet college prepatory school, so transferring isn't a great option.
__________________

Twin: Eternal Moonlight | Sister: Scourge of Amaranth | Pair: Doodlebop
Theme by Mizuki Emi
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-19-2010, 05:33 PM
Starkipraggy's Avatar
Starkipraggy Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Gundam Porygon ZZ
Posts: 3,151
Send a message via MSN to Starkipraggy
Default Re: Bullying

It's not great, but it won't land you injured, humiliated or anything else negative. Better to lose a few years of education than to be bruised and battered and feeling horrible all the time then commiting suicide.

I do believe that every situation has a solution; even if they aren't part of the general solution. Some bullies just want to rough you up. Some bullies just want to throw words at you. Some bullies just want a reaction. Some bullies, because they are complete b-tards, want to torture you until you kill yourself. There's no one-size-fit-all solution, but there are general solutions. If the general solution doesn't work, you'll probably have to figure things out yourself.
__________________


Mons are here though

私はグレダーです--I am a Grader
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-19-2010, 05:36 PM
Trent Reznor's Avatar
Trent Reznor Offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 3,626
Send a message via AIM to Trent Reznor Send a message via MSN to Trent Reznor Send a message via Skype™ to Trent Reznor
Default Re: Bullying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkipraggy View Post
It's not great, but it won't land you injured, humiliated or anything else negative. Better to lose a few years of education than to be bruised and battered and feeling horrible all the time then commiting suicide.

I do believe that every situation has a solution; even if they aren't part of the general solution. Some bullies just want to rough you up. Some bullies just want to throw words at you. Some bullies just want a reaction. Some bullies, because they are complete b-tards, want to torture you until you kill yourself. There's no one-size-fit-all solution, but there are general solutions. If the general solution doesn't work, you'll probably have to figure things out yourself.
And some bullies don't even realize they're doing it.
__________________

Twin: Eternal Moonlight | Sister: Scourge of Amaranth | Pair: Doodlebop
Theme by Mizuki Emi
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com