Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Third Generation

Third Generation Discuss the third generation Pokemon games: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-19-2010, 11:40 AM
Rinn's Avatar
Rinn Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Inhabitable
Posts: 166
Send a message via AIM to Rinn Send a message via MSN to Rinn
Default What would a good team be?

I'm playing Pokemon Ruby, and I'm struggling to find a good team. I know that I definitely want a Kecleon on my team, but other than that I'm lost. Here's my current team,

- Lv. 22 Aron
- Lv. 21 Kirlia
- Lv. 21 Nuzleaf
- Lv. 25 Combusken
- Lv. 18 Beautifuly
- Lv. 17 Kadabra

I know I definitely want Aron and Kirlia on my E4 team, due to Aggron (I think it's Aggron, Aron's last evolution?) and Gardevouir (Kirlia's last evolution? :3) being fantastic. Any other suggestions?
  #2  
Old 12-19-2010, 02:39 PM
CaRdIaC's Avatar
CaRdIaC Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Un-known
Posts: 78
Default Re: What would a good team be?

I think that team is pretty good. The Blaziken is a really good idea as it is super affective against 3 of the elite four. If you want to change anything, I would change either the Nuzleaf or the Beautifly. I had a Nuzleaf, but they don't learn any good moves and leaf stones are rare. Beautiflies are a little too frail for my taste but it's not too bad. I think it's a good team though but maybe you should get an electric type.
__________________








I need Shiny Pokemon and all event pokemon! Pm Me to trade
FC 3997 3492 5293
  #3  
Old 12-21-2010, 03:34 AM
Traxx's Avatar
Traxx Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Southwest U.S.
Posts: 143
Default Re: What would a good team be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaRdIaC View Post
I think that team is pretty good. The Blaziken is a really good idea as it is super affective against 3 of the elite four. If you want to change anything, I would change either the Nuzleaf or the Beautifly. I had a Nuzleaf, but they don't learn any good moves and leaf stones are rare. Beautiflies are a little too frail for my taste but it's not too bad. I think it's a good team though but maybe you should get an electric type.
Adding on to what Cardiac said, A strong electric pokemon in R/S/E is (in my opinion,) Pikachu, (obtained in Safari Zone.) I like it because, even though very rarely gotten, if it holds a light ball item, it can learn the very powerful move of volt tackle. It's just very well rounded too. If you want to find it, you can greatly increase your chances by taking a pokemon in your party for instance Magnemite, that has the ability of lightning rod, with you.

Manecetric and Ampharos could be very good also.
__________________
~Traxx

  #4  
Old 12-21-2010, 04:54 AM
Rinn's Avatar
Rinn Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Inhabitable
Posts: 166
Send a message via AIM to Rinn Send a message via MSN to Rinn
Default Re: What would a good team be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxx View Post
Adding on to what Cardiac said, A strong electric pokemon in R/S/E is (in my opinion,) Pikachu, (obtained in Safari Zone.) I like it because, even though very rarely gotten, if it holds a light ball item, it can learn the very powerful move of volt tackle. It's just very well rounded too. If you want to find it, you can greatly increase your chances by taking a pokemon in your party for instance Magnemite, that has the ability of lightning rod, with you.

Manecetric and Ampharos could be very good also.
Yeah, I caught a Pikachu yesterday in the Safari Zone, started leveling it for about five minutes and then I had to go out. :/ Combusken evovled, and is now a mean looking level fourty-three Blaziken, and I offloaded Kadabra, Beautifly and Nuzleaf from my team and replaced them with Marill (who evolved into Azumarill last night :D), Absol and Kecleon. Here's my team now.

Main Team
- Lv. 43 Blaziken
- Lv. 31 Aron
- Lv. 31 Kecleon
- Lv. 30 Azumarill
- Lv. 29 Absol
- Lv. 26 Kirlia

Substitutes
- Lv. 21 Cacnea (that I am working on evolving)
- Lv. 27 Pikachu
- Lv. 21 Anorith (that I, again, am working on evolving)
- Lv. 25 Natu (that I, AGAIN, am working on evolving)
- Lv. 27 Rhyhorn

  #5  
Old 12-21-2010, 01:35 PM
Assaundrell Yumerai's Avatar
Assaundrell Yumerai Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Where ninjas and Pokemons are
Posts: 1,517
Send a message via Skype™ to Assaundrell Yumerai
Default Re: What would a good team be?

All I observed by now is that you have a balanced team(^^)
__________________
I liek Mew I love Mew
  #6  
Old 12-21-2010, 03:28 PM
CaRdIaC's Avatar
CaRdIaC Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Un-known
Posts: 78
Default Re: What would a good team be?

Yes. This is now a very good team
__________________








I need Shiny Pokemon and all event pokemon! Pm Me to trade
FC 3997 3492 5293
  #7  
Old 12-22-2010, 03:14 AM
Arch Enemy's Avatar
Arch Enemy Offline
Force the Reason
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,251
Send a message via AIM to Arch Enemy Send a message via MSN to Arch Enemy
Default Re: What would a good team be?

Even though your team looks great as it is, what do you think about placing a Gyarados, somewhere in your team? Gyarados with Dragon Dance (to improve its speed and attack), Waterfall, Earthquake, and Double-edge, can be devastating. xD And, if your Blaziken only knows physical moves, such as Sky Uppercut, Fire Punch, etc., try giving it the move, "Swords Dance", if you haven't already, it can power up those physical moves greatly. :3
  #8  
Old 12-22-2010, 10:42 PM
babs's Avatar
babs Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 32
Default Re: What would a good team be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinn View Post
I'm playing Pokemon Ruby, and I'm struggling to find a good team. I know that I definitely want a Kecleon on my team, but other than that I'm lost. Here's my current team,

- Lv. 22 Aron
- Lv. 21 Kirlia
- Lv. 21 Nuzleaf
- Lv. 25 Combusken
- Lv. 18 Beautifuly
- Lv. 17 Kadabra

I know I definitely want Aron and Kirlia on my E4 team, due to Aggron (I think it's Aggron, Aron's last evolution?) and Gardevouir (Kirlia's last evolution? :3) being fantastic. Any other suggestions?
i would change nuzleaf to shroonish i really like him and
beautifly to linoone or mightyena
those are just suggestions though
my team was:
grovyle
linoone
shroomish
mightyena
aron
zubat
__________________
CHICKEN
I LIKE IT
  #9  
Old 12-23-2010, 03:15 AM
Traxx's Avatar
Traxx Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Southwest U.S.
Posts: 143
Default Re: What would a good team be?

Maybe you could replace aron with a pokemon that knew a few better ground type moves? (Magnitude, Earthquake, etc.)

Just making a suggestion.
__________________
~Traxx

  #10  
Old 12-23-2010, 02:33 PM
CaRdIaC's Avatar
CaRdIaC Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Un-known
Posts: 78
Default Re: What would a good team be?

I used a Camerupt. I like them and they learn Earthquake so....
__________________








I need Shiny Pokemon and all event pokemon! Pm Me to trade
FC 3997 3492 5293
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com