Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!

Old 12-09-2010, 04:10 PM
Rinn Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Rinn Send a message via MSN to Rinn
Default Ps3?

So I'm thinking about saving up the $469 and buying a PS3, probably buy Naruto Shippuuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2, Gran Turismo 5, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy XIV Online (when released, ofc) and LittleBigPlanet, so that'd cost me, in total, $848. It'd be a 160gb PS3 but that'd be more than enough for me, I'm assuming.

My only question is, would a 160gb PS3 be able to play Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2, and assorted other PS2 goodies? 'Cause if I can't play KH on a PS3, I'm seriously just going to get a PS2, they're $89. I've already got an xbox 360, I can get both Final Fantasies, Gran Turismo 5 and Ninja Storm 2, so yeah... PS3 advice? Please? ^_^'

EDIT: Just checked, KH 1 & 2 both available right now, only $22 each. I could get a PS2 and them games tomorrow... :O
Old 12-09-2010, 04:30 PM
Sixto Offline
Sofa King Cool

Send a message via AIM to Sixto Send a message via MSN to Sixto
Default Re: Ps3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinn View Post
So I'm thinking about saving up the $469 and buying a PS3, probably buy Naruto Shippuuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2, Gran Turismo 5, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy XIV Online (when released, ofc) and LittleBigPlanet, so that'd cost me, in total, $848. It'd be a 160gb PS3 but that'd be more than enough for me, I'm assuming.

My only question is, would a 160gb PS3 be able to play Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2, and assorted other PS2 goodies? 'Cause if I can't play KH on a PS3, I'm seriously just going to get a PS2, they're $89. I've already got an xbox 360, I can get both Final Fantasies, Gran Turismo 5 and Ninja Storm 2, so yeah... PS3 advice? Please? ^_^'

EDIT: Just checked, KH 1 & 2 both available right now, only $22 each. I could get a PS2 and them games tomorrow... :O
According to this, they are compatible with the PS3. So I say, go for it. Not only that but you get a nifty Blu-Ray player, that is of course if you have an HDTV.
Old 12-09-2010, 04:38 PM
Rinn Offline
Experienced Trainer

Why, I do happen to have a HDTV. Thing is, at the moment I've only got around $200. HOWEVER. If I save it all until Boxing Day, I should have money from my relatives by then, meaning I should have around $500 - $600. Don't think mum and dad would mind chipping in the extra $100 for a few games?

Then I'd have to get a few new 360 games, though. Can't forget about my good old xbox. <3
Old 12-10-2010, 12:38 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Cobalt Shadow

Quote:
Why, I do happen to have a HDTV. Thing is, at the moment I've only got around $200. HOWEVER. If I save it all until Boxing Day, I should have money from my relatives by then, meaning I should have around $500 - $600. Don't think mum and dad would mind chipping in the extra $100 for a few games?

Then I'd have to get a few new 360 games, though. Can't forget about my good old xbox. <3
Yes you can, Playstation is way better then X-Box lol

Dragotech, Eternal Moonlight and I are the PE2k Wolf Pack! Fear Fredward the Sparklepire, Bidoof the Soulless and Slenderfairy!
Banner Made by Me
Old 12-13-2010, 12:41 AM
Rinn Offline
Experienced Trainer

Getting a PS3 when I get back from England after Christmas, roughly on January 8th/9th. Pretty sure I'm getting a 160gb one, the only problem with that would be it's not backwards compatible with PS2 games, one of the reasons I'm getting a PS3. So, I might just have to save up an extra $100 and buy Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 + a PS2.

Then I'm getting a bunch of games to go with it, such as Naruto Shippuuden 2: Ultimate Ninja Storm, Fifa 11, LittleBigPlanet 1 (and probably 2) and Gran Tursimo 5. :D
Old 12-16-2010, 02:34 AM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Send a message via AIM to Dr Scott Send a message via MSN to Dr Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Scott Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Scott

I have both (thanks to an amazing Christmas last year, thanks hunny!), and you can't go wrong with adding a PS3 to your collection. I mainly use it for sports games (better graphics), movies (so bloody clear!), and those few exclusives I like (InFamous is amazing).

XBox is still great for anything you're going to play on Live, though.

Ironically, with the 360 and the PS3 I'm playing old PC games ... (though it's KOTOR 2).

"God, my brilliance is now somewhat of a burden. Get back to me."
Old 12-16-2010, 03:02 AM
Blood Red Lucario Offline

Send a message via AIM to Blood Red Lucario Send a message via Yahoo to Blood Red Lucario

I started off with the Ps3 and I highly recommend it. Unfortunately you can't get the Ps3 with all of the ports in it anymore so it isn't much of pc/console anymore. Now its more like a very powerful entertainment device.

360 is good with Live but I just have a bias for the Ps3 even though i have both.

I play PC too and yet I will never get off the sony bandwagon.

Absol Hatches: 27 Level 100: 312

All credit goes to Knightblazer
URPG
Old 12-30-2010, 08:41 PM
Pokemon_Ron Offline

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon_Ron Send a message via Skype™ to Pokemon_Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Scott View Post
I have both (thanks to an amazing Christmas last year, thanks hunny!), and you can't go wrong with adding a PS3 to your collection. I mainly use it for sports games (better graphics), movies (so bloody clear!), and those few exclusives I like (InFamous is amazing).
^^^advantages of the PS3.
I say go for it and buy the PS3. It's a well-rounded console.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:44 PM
Masami Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Masami Send a message via MSN to Masami

Xbox 360 has a much better community, and in my opinion much better exclusive games (Fable, Gears Of War, Halo and many others.) But overall, I'd recormend a gaming PC over anything. Since it can work for general tasks like work /multitasking flawlessly, and I think most people would agree PC gaming is far superior to console.

I've had Xbox 360, PS3 and Gaming PC, I don't play the PS3, but I did enjoy god of war.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:08 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Exclamation Re: Ps3?

Quote:

Do not go for it. Wanna know why? The new Xbox 360 Slim has a 200 gb hardrive, built in Wi Fi connection, dirt cheap Xbox Market place, and the ability to play Netflix movies in 1080p. The only thing the Ps3 really has going for it is the built in Blu Ray player. I recommend getting the 300-400 Xbox 360 with 3 free games added into the bundle, and getting a good HTD Blu Ray player for 70 dollars. In the end, you save money. And yes, most stuff in the Xbox Live purchase is absolutely free. I can stream some movies for free here in Europe through Xbox Live.
Old 12-31-2010, 03:34 AM
Blood Red Lucario Offline

Send a message via AIM to Blood Red Lucario Send a message via Yahoo to Blood Red Lucario

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumAnimations View Post
Do not go for it. Wanna know why? The new Xbox 360 Slim has a 200 gb hardrive, built in Wi Fi connection, dirt cheap Xbox Market place, and the ability to play Netflix movies in 1080p. The only thing the Ps3 really has going for it is the built in Blu Ray player. I recommend getting the 300-400 Xbox 360 with 3 free games added into the bundle, and getting a good HTD Blu Ray player for 70 dollars. In the end, you save money. And yes, most stuff in the Xbox Live purchase is absolutely free. I can stream some movies for free here in Europe through Xbox Live.
PS3 Has all of those features dude. Netflix isn't an xbox exclusive anymore. Wifi has been there from the get-go. PsStore is just as "dirt cheap". The blu ray player is just a bonus. As for a 200 gb hardrive yeah is an upgrade but unless you're saving movies to your hard drive or just have A LOOOOT of games you don't need that much space (and all you have to do there is use an external memory unit for extra memory). Xbox live silver is a joke and unless you go gold there is no point to it. Both are great systems but at this late in the game they look fairly similar you can go with either and be satisfied.

Xbox has a slightly better selection of games and better customer support.
Ps3 has better hardware and backwards compatibility and free online(with a buyable upgrade as well which shares many features that Live boasts).

Absol Hatches: 27 Level 100: 312

All credit goes to Knightblazer
URPG