Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » Pokemon News

Pokemon News Here you will find the Pokemon news that is on the website, posted here also so you can reply with any comments/questions.

Old 11-14-2010, 02:35 AM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Post Wii Needs 15 Million More Sales until next Console

Kotaku reports that Nintendo won’t discuss its next generation console until 15 million more Wii’s are sold according to Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime.

Reggie says Wii sales peaked in the system’s third full year and he proudly states that there are more than 30 million Wiis out there in America. He’s got a chart — he showed it at a business conference in New York yesterday — that shows the Wii is still selling faster than the the PlayStation 2, the juggernaut of the last generation of gaming consoles, did in the same amount of time. 23% faster, he says. Wii was and is a monster hit, no doubt about it. Nintendo was right this generation despite so many people thinking they were wrong.

But when a system’s sales slow, that’s a good time for gamers to expect the sequel. DS sales began to drag in Japan in the last year or so and, what do you know, we’ve got the very cool 3DS around the corner.

“As we sit here today we’re saying the Wii has many, many more units to sell,” he said today. “After we’ve reached an installed base of 45 million here in the U.S., we can have a conversation about the next generation. ”

More...

Last edited by HKim; 11-14-2010 at 07:05 PM.
Old 11-14-2010, 03:51 AM
Rival Silver Offline
Elite Trainer

Default Re: Wii Needs 15 Million More Sales until next Console

If only I could afford the Wii... I might have more chance haveing the money for the next console.

<--- Credit to Doodlebop|Credit to Temporal Snake
Old 11-14-2010, 04:05 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

I'm glad they're not making anything new just yet. They still haven't made my Wii worth buying by releasing any brilliant Pokemon games. :P PokePark Wii had potential but I heard it's not even multiplayer...
Old 11-14-2010, 09:55 AM
Peace Buyer Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Peace Buyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
I'm glad they're not making anything new just yet. They still haven't made my Wii worth buying by releasing any brilliant Pokemon games. :P PokePark Wii had potential but I heard it's not even multiplayer...
Danm... that fails...

IMO: Wii is only good for 2 things: Internet, and Brawl. those are the only thing that lets the Wii sale. IMO

Everyone knows that PS3 is only good for Netflix, and the 360 because of Reach and MWBO... That and Microsoft will probably releash theirs after Sony makes the PS4...
But if you look at it, PS3's motion thing is to combat the Wii and the 360's Kinect was to combat both of theres so one of them gotta give the new console out sooner or later.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:05 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post

I wish there were more mini-game like releases like they had in Stadium 1 and 2. Or maybe even a re-release of those games for the Wii bundled with several new mini games. Those were actually a lot of fun!
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:00 PM
Sight of the Stars Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sight of the Stars Send a message via Skype™ to Sight of the Stars

I think the reason that they sold more Wiis than they did PS2's is because when the PS2 came out there weren't as near as many people to buy them. :P
[12:38:59 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH"
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."
Old 11-14-2010, 07:09 PM
Operative Offline

Send a message via MSN to Operative Send a message via Skype™ to Operative

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Wolf of the Snow View Post
I think the reason that they sold more Wiis than they did PS2's is because when the PS2 came out there weren't as near as many people to buy them. :P
ps2 is still the most highest selling console ever, it's just that the wii is selling FASTER

|thedynamicduo|
Old 11-14-2010, 07:15 PM
Sight of the Stars Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sight of the Stars Send a message via Skype™ to Sight of the Stars

*faster, sorry. I meant to say 'more in a certain amount of time', but I got ahead of myself. :P
[12:38:59 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH"
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."
Old 11-14-2010, 08:44 PM
Broderick Offline

Send a message via AIM to Broderick Send a message via MSN to Broderick

I still think Mario Kart Wii was the best game the Wii has released, next to Brawl. I haven't played New Super Mario Bros. and am probably forgetting about something... but eh. My opinion, at least. They haven't really made a good pokemon game for the Wii yet, unfortunately. What I'd like to see is a remake (of sorts) of Pokemon Snap. Is PokePark similar to that? I just saw it for the first time in Target the other day but didn't really pay much attention.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:51 PM
Operative Offline

Send a message via MSN to Operative Send a message via Skype™ to Operative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broderick View Post
I still think Mario Kart Wii was the best game the Wii has released, next to Brawl. I haven't played New Super Mario Bros. and am probably forgetting about something... but eh. My opinion, at least. They haven't really made a good pokemon game for the Wii yet, unfortunately. What I'd like to see is a remake (of sorts) of Pokemon Snap. Is PokePark similar to that? I just saw it for the first time in Target the other day but didn't really pay much attention.
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Wii Sports Resorts
TLoZ: Twilight Princess

|thedynamicduo|
Old 11-14-2010, 09:03 PM
Broderick Offline

Send a message via AIM to Broderick Send a message via MSN to Broderick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operative View Post
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Wii Sports Resorts
TLoZ: Twilight Princess
._.;
I have Mario Galaxy and Twilight Princess, too... Derp. I forgot about Galaxy since I haven't played it in about a year, and I was never much of a Zelda person.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:44 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

I can't tell you how many hours my family has utterly spilled into Mario Kart Wii, but it must be in the high hundreds. The only thing I would change about that game is take out all of the boring Mario Circuit tracks and bring back some more the more interesting ones. I've grown to love using Yoshi on the Mach Bike.

As for the Wii, its not a bad console, but it just feels like its always missing something and just doesn't feel "complete." Sure, SSBB and Mario Kart Wii are awesome games, but we need more like that where there's a ton of variety, replay value, and many extras.

I for one would love to see a Pokemon game that's presented in a party-game like format and doesn't try to be only concerned with battling. And yeah, I remember those minigames from Stadium 1 & 2, and they were awesome. We need more like that.