Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Old 11-10-2010, 12:59 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim
Arrow Site Suggestions

It's November and it has been two months since the relaunch of the PE2K site content. You might have noticed a variety of articles ranging from Neo's skin workshop to TCG card updates to Banner of the Week features.

The question now is: What can we do to move forward?

We're interested in hearing your thoughts, feedback, and suggestions in regards to the PE2K site. I think we're all interested in helping make PE2K a better place and I think that the members and leaders of PE2K can help make that happen. We're a family after all!

So, what do you think about the site and what would make it better?
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:12 PM
Dartz Offline

Send a message via AIM to Dartz Send a message via MSN to Dartz Send a message via Yahoo to Dartz
Default Re: Site Suggestions

Well in my opinion
pe2k must do something and make this place more active than before,
everytime there is maximum 10-20 members online and 60-100 guests.
lack of Administrator activeness causes returning of guests. And also, the people who joins are mainly SPAM Bots.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:35 PM
SLC Offline

Send a message via AIM to SLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartz View Post
Well in my opinion
lack of Administrator activeness causes returning of guests. And also, the people who joins are mainly SPAM Bots.
Not anymore, seeing as HKim and Kenny are admins too.

AIM: Politoed Prince

Old 11-10-2010, 03:47 PM
Mr420 Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr420

i have no suggestions as I think the site is tiptop. Basically the forum has everything for everyone.its not the sites fault that its members are off getting their edumication and or working thier behinds for rent. Tho im glad to see the SKINS workshop.
that has been infact overdue(just a little lol)

Kudos to the staff

Pokérus Empire
Old 11-10-2010, 05:25 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartz View Post
Well in my opinion
What we're mainly looking for is additional activities for people to interact with. It doesn't even have to be something big, even just starting a new RP or new art showcase goes a long way in itself. Even starting new threads in the Other Chat section really help as well.

So yeah, anything you can think of, don't hesitate to go for it.

And yes, I'm still working on forum skins. I'm not sure what the rest of the crew is doing there, but I'm definitely still plugging away at them.

Old 11-10-2010, 08:13 PM
Trent Reznor Offline

Send a message via AIM to Trent Reznor Send a message via MSN to Trent Reznor Send a message via Skype™ to Trent Reznor

I'll try some stuff to get it going. Hope it works.

EDIT: Maybe there should be a directory thread in each section.

Last edited by Trent Reznor; 11-10-2010 at 08:15 PM.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:36 PM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

In my opinion (and plenty of people I know), the VM character limits need to be increased. It's so annoying to have to type 3 different VMs just to reply to "What have you been up to lately?"

I know people say, "Just use PMs," but they're so inconvenient and to just reply to a question or whatever, it seems a little pointless. And it's so easy to increase the character limit, so why not do it? I'm sure a LOT of people will appreciate it. It always gets me, and especially since I use the colour code, that also restricts it (and no, I'm NOT going to ditch my colour just for VMs).

I know people may object, but to people who actually use VMs constantly, it's really frustrating that it's limited to 300 characters. This is actually the main thing I'd love to be changed on the whole site. Maybe a few hundred more characters would suffice, like 800 or something. It's not much when it gets down to it.

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 11-13-2010, 01:11 AM
Larvinator Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Larvinator Send a message via Skype™ to Larvinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post
In my opinion (and plenty of people I know), the VM character limits need to be increased. It's so annoying to have to type 3 different VMs just to reply to "What have you been up to lately?"

I know people say, "Just use PMs," but they're so inconvenient and to just reply to a question or whatever, it seems a little pointless. And it's so easy to increase the character limit, so why not do it? I'm sure a LOT of people will appreciate it. It always gets me, and especially since I use the colour code, that also restricts it (and no, I'm NOT going to ditch my colour just for VMs).

I know people may object, but to people who actually use VMs constantly, it's really frustrating that it's limited to 300 characters. This is actually the main thing I'd love to be changed on the whole site. Maybe a few hundred more characters would suffice, like 800 or something. It's not much when it gets down to it.

~GS.
I second this motion. I've had to clip my VMs quite a bit if I'm replying to more than a couple of questions and it's awfully annoying. It doesn't even need to be 800; 600 would seriously be fine. 300 is just bothersome. I mean, this entire paragraph is more than 300 characters and I've barely even said anything (or am I just long-winded? Oh well).

Oh, and forum skins do sound like fun. I have little artistic skill, really, but I could give that a shot.

Anyway, you and Kenny have been doing an excellent job of managing the forum in Ryan's inactivity, so huge props to you guys. I've seen tons of cool threads crop up recently to get the forum involved; that forum skins thing's gotten some excitement, and the voice acting thread has been nothing short of a smash hit. Keep it up!
Old 11-13-2010, 01:41 AM
Operative Offline

Send a message via MSN to Operative Send a message via Skype™ to Operative

Increase of image limit in the forums. or AT LEAST in the art boards. It's very annoying to have to reserve 4 posts just because the image limit is 40.

|thedynamicduo|
Old 11-13-2010, 06:05 PM
MoonKit Offline

Send a message via MSN to MoonKit

I agree with both Gs and Operative. I have to reserve five, because of how many things I used to make. That was, until my computor crashed and I started to suck.

And really, once I had to have two or three posts just to talk about an RP idea that Sakuya and I were making.

Also, could you possibly bump the post word limit by a couple hundred? I'm doing this incase my Fanfic chapter one is too long, or at least do it in the Fanfic and Rp bords.

EDIT: And if possible, an age limit (13+) would be nice unless you have been here a while. It's really ticking me off that younguns are taking over, although I basicly am one. I mean the ones that write pointless, and short messages, like for instance possibly someone writing one whole post as 'hi b0b c0m3 2 me h0us 1 n33d t0 tlk t0 u'. I know they can do worse many times, but I suck at txt tlk.

Last edited by MoonKit; 11-13-2010 at 06:14 PM.
Old 11-13-2010, 06:21 PM
Operative Offline

Send a message via MSN to Operative Send a message via Skype™ to Operative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyokit View Post
EDIT: And if possible, an age limit (13+) would be nice unless you have been here a while. It's really ticking me off that younguns are taking over, although I basicly am one. I mean the ones that write pointless, and short messages, like for instance possibly someone writing one whole post as 'hi b0b c0m3 2 me h0us 1 n33d t0 tlk t0 u'. I know they can do worse many times, but I suck at txt tlk.
honestly, making an age limit is stupid. it's obvious that there will be younger kids joining this site. it's a site dedicated to POKEMON, a kids game/show. and really, i have never seen anyone on this site that talks anywhere near that. the worst i've seen is purposely leaving out letters and using you're/your or there/their/they're incorrectly.

|thedynamicduo|
Old 11-13-2010, 06:21 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology

Quote:
Also, could you possibly bump the post word limit by a couple hundred? I'm doing this incase my Fanfic chapter one is too long, or at least do it in the Fanfic and Rp bords.
I don't think this is necessary. Many writers just post the next part of the chapter in another post, and that works out just fine.

Quote:
How would one younger than 13 be here a while if they are not allowed to sign up? That and the fact that age generally isn't the problem. I know or have known plenty of 10-12 year olds that are actually incredibly mature and intelligent. Generally the people that post like that don't realise typing such as that is frowned upon, or they aren't very serious about the forum in the first place. And I barely ever see people talk like that. Generally it's just bad grammar, and that's bearable.

Basically, bad idea.

EDIT: Sniper'd by Operative. xD
Old 11-14-2010, 02:40 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operative View Post

honestly, making an age limit is stupid. it's obvious that there will be younger kids joining this site. it's a site dedicated to POKEMON, a kids game/show. and really, i have never seen anyone on this site that talks anywhere near that. the worst i've seen is purposely leaving out letters and using you're/your or there/their/they're incorrectly.
Yeah, I think so too. I have a lot of friends below 13, and it's discouraging the wrong thing.

BUT I STILL THINK THE VM LIMIT SHOULD BE VERY MUCHLY INCREASED. >:Z And yes, the image limit too. It's stupid how small they both are. >.>

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:18 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post

Yeah, I think so too. I have a lot of friends below 13, and it's discouraging the wrong thing.

BUT I STILL THINK THE VM LIMIT SHOULD BE VERY MUCHLY INCREASED. >:Z And yes, the image limit too. It's stupid how small they both are. >.>

~GS.
I'm all for that. We REALLY need to increase the VM limit. Especially for people like me who answer in detail. I'd say 500+ would be very good. If it was me I'd like it around about 1000, but whatever. xD

Also, adding an age limit is not a good idea. People that age can be rather intelligent, thank you.

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links
Old 11-14-2010, 08:32 AM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey

Even though I'm not really active with the whole VM thing, I do agree. When I was active, I hated the fact that I couldn't write much.

But activity-wise, over the past couple of years, we've limited ourselves, and we've let certain things die out.

For example, the ever-so-popular MOTM; I've been lobbying for its return for quite some time.

Also, didn't a lot of people love the PE2K Podcast? It just died out from what I know. I'm not entirely on the loop here; I haven't been hearing any news about it.

Back when the PE2K podcast was active, I even thought about inventing a PE2K channel on YouTube. I'm sure there are at least a few people on PE2K can record themselves talking and put it on YouTube. Charbok liked this idea, too. But basically, the idea was for people (not just me) to submit reviews, report things from different boards, make advertisements; whatever. (I'm still interested, for what it's worth...)