Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » Pokemon News

Pokemon News Here you will find the Pokemon news that is on the website, posted here also so you can reply with any comments/questions.

Old 11-08-2010, 02:35 AM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Post Japanese Man Arrested for Uploading New Pokemon Images

Kotaku reports that legal authorities in Japan have charged 27-year-old Makoto Sekiguchi for violating copyright laws.

According to 47 News (via ANN), Sekiguchi uploaded six images of unseen Pokémon, such as Chaoboo. The characters appear in Pokémon: Black & White, which was released in Japan on September 18. The characters did appear in the October issue of Japanese magazine CoroCoro Comic and were leaked before its September 15 ship date.

In a deposition, Sekiguchi stated, “Thought I would show everyone the characters that haven’t been made public yet.”

More...
Old 11-08-2010, 02:48 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune
Default Re: Japanese Man Arrested for Uploading New Pokemon Images

Haha, that's kinda funny. xD But yeah, copyright laws aren't exactly soft. xD

Well, good on him for wanting to show us. Fail, though, for getting arrested.

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:48 PM
Disco Offline

Sheesh! They really ought to let the man go now, it's November and they're all out. D8

(Yes, yes, copyright laws and such but really, a bit late to arrest him now, don't you think?)
Old 11-08-2010, 05:36 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Tort laws in the US does state that it's 1 year from "discovered" time. I'm not sure how the Japanese legal system works, but if it's anything it would still be at least 6 months, which is well within the time frame for suing the guy.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:40 PM
NES2 Offline

Just when I decide I might get Pokemon White, this happens and kills my enthusiasm for the game AGAIN.

This is wrong on various moral and legal levels, and Nintendo, who was probably in on this "crackdown", is starting to piss me off. This type of activity only makes fans of the franchise upset, and I'm sure that this fiasco could easily be avoid.

Plus, it's not like these are illegal ROMS of the game. These are legal and non-profit uses that are protected under fair use, and are only being posted so that fans can get EXCITED about the game and potentially buy it.

Google's motto is "Don't be evil", and Nintendo should take the same stance. I hope that Iwata thinks twice about what his company is doing to alienate the fanbase. I love Nintendo's games and the unique ideas this company has brought to the gaming world, but this type of garbage makes Nintendo look bad.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:31 PM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

To be fair, it appears this is a criminal charge rather than a civil case. That means that the prosecuting party is Japanese legal authorities rather than Nintendo. If Nintendo was involved, it would be them suing the man rather than arresting him.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:36 PM
Trent Reznor Offline

Send a message via AIM to Trent Reznor Send a message via MSN to Trent Reznor Send a message via Skype™ to Trent Reznor

That's what happens when you steal awesomeness.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:20 PM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

I'm surprised that other guy who was leaking every single Pokemon way before their release hasn't gotten in trouble... I dunno what country he was in, but I guess they can't get him lol.