Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Interactive Projects

Interactive Projects Post your latest ideas and work with others to create masterpieces to astound the world!

Old 10-29-2010, 10:59 PM
Kaioo Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kaioo
Default Re: Voice Acting

Oh my god this WAS AWESOME!! You guys should do more ^^ Nice job ;)

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the avatar.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:50 PM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlebop View Post
I may be able to do that. I don't really know exactly how we'd manage it, though. xD

Also, I know, like, nothing about your fic. That's okay, right?
Ooh, well it'd be cool if you did! 8D Well, if you were to use Audacity (in the first post of this thread) to record your lines, then save it as a .wav or .mp3 (both of which are easy to do) and upload it somewhere, I could then download it and put it together with my lines. ^^

Haha, nah, that doesn't matter. And it's later on in the story too, so I don't expect you to read all those chapters just to do lines from scenes. xD So if you still want to, I can PM you the lines. o: Thanks for volunteering, by the way!

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:07 AM
Shen Offline
Paladin of Dragons

Send a message via AIM to Shen Send a message via MSN to Shen Send a message via Yahoo to Shen Send a message via Skype™ to Shen

Haha, wow, didn't know this would be getting even NEARLY this much attention. Thanks for all the kind words, guys ^^.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
That was really awesome! (And I'm flattered that you'd use lines from my story). I really liked the voices. I really wish I didn't suck at voice acting, but maybe I'll try it anyway. xD
I'm sure you won't suck, it'd be fun ^^!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumori Gem View Post
Haha, this is pretty cool. I have no idea who can do the voices for my characters. xD

I made a podcast for my fic once, but I never uploaded it.
I'd like to hear that podcast sometime :3

And yes, as Harry said, I am MORE than willing to do voices for fics ^^.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larvinator View Post
Yeah, I'm definitely up for this. Seems like a fun way to spend my free time, honestly. And I get to act!

Also, I talk to Shen on AIM constantly, and hearing his actual voice = mind blown. Now I'll read all his IMs in that voice.
Oh come on, my voice isn't mind-blowing at all o.o

Quote:
(By the way, for anyone who's read my story (or at least has enough knowledge of the character) I'm looking for a voice actor for Cyclone for an animation I'm making. Xanthe might have found someone who can do it already, but I'm putting this here just in case.)
Quote:
That would be awesome if he could do the lines for me. I'm going to need them before I start animating Cyclone. =D
Hehe, well, I have never read your story, to be honest. But that doesn't mean I can't read it sometime anyway. And as Harry said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKim View Post
Yeah, Shen said he was interested in doing more voices!
^^
Old 10-30-2010, 12:21 AM
Kaioo Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kaioo

i would do some voice acting but meh i don't like my voice, and I don't have a microphone for the computer Shen, your voice acting was really good ;)

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the avatar.
Old 10-30-2010, 01:32 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

So I did one at Shen's request, as a narration to his fic United in Arms, which could be found right here:

The Trial of Juno: United in Arms - The Prologue

Yes, thanks to Soundforge, I was able to mix some nice music that fits the mood in there. So yeah, that's what I sound like. If you want me to be a voice actor in whatever part you have planned, just let me know.

Old 10-30-2010, 01:56 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
So I did one at Shen's request, as a narration to his fic United in Arms, which could be found right here:

Yes, thanks to Soundforge, I was able to mix some nice music that fits the mood in there. So yeah, that's what I sound like. If you want me to be a voice actor in whatever part you have planned, just let me know.

Neo, that's absolutely amazing! You have a wonderful voice and that music really does fit your lines! You're going to have to teach us how to do the sound stuff.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 10-30-2010, 02:03 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Neo, that's absolutely amazing! You have a wonderful voice and that music really does fit your lines! You're going to have to teach us how to do the sound stuff.
Hey, glad you liked it!

I did the audio mixing through Sony Soundforge, which unfortunately... is an audio program that costs money. Basically, it allows you to merge sound files together into one.

And hey, the clip you guys created is pretty awesome too. But yeah, if you want to add a piece of music in there, just let me know, I can do the merge if you'd like.

Old 10-30-2010, 02:06 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

Quote:
Hey, glad you liked it!

I did the audio mixing through Sony Soundforge, which unfortunately... is an audio program that costs money. Basically, it allows you to merge sound files together into one.

And hey, the clip you guys created is pretty awesome too. But yeah, if you want to add a piece of music in there, just let me know, I can do the merge if you'd like.

I think Audacity let's you do the same thing! Because you can have multiple tracks run at the same time, then export it as a single file. I just wanted to know where you got the music.
Old 10-30-2010, 02:37 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
I think Audacity let's you do the same thing! Because you can have multiple tracks run at the same time, then export it as a single file. I just wanted to know where you got the music.
Its actually from the very first Fallout game. Yes, I adore these games. All of them.

Old 10-30-2010, 02:43 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

*listened to the PoD recording and Neo's* OMIGOSH!!! THAT WAS FREAKIN' AMAZING!!! Kinda weird hearing what Neo sounds like, though. o,o LoL, but still, awesome!

This is a very sweet idea, HKim! I'm looking forward to seeing more! :D

I would probably do some... but I'm terrible at acting and I really don't like my own voice u.u' But can't wait to see what else comes up! :D

Old 10-30-2010, 02:44 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

I'd help, but frankly...

Laptop has no sound + no microphone + no knowledge how to record = fail.

I mean, I hate not having sound! T^T The Wii can't do everything! >.<

But, I can give opinions of what voice I think would match a character... Like, I imagine Cyclone to have a deeper, thoughtful voice with a slight evil edge to it ;)
Old 10-30-2010, 03:00 AM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Send a message via AIM to CM

Quote:

Oh wow... That was awesome! Even though I haven't read that fic, what I got from the dialogue, your voice was perfect for it. And the music just added to the affect you get when you are listening.

Now I really want to voice act a scene of my fic, but it would have to be when two female characters enter since I cannot get my voice low enough to sound like a guy's voice. And I also don't think I have a recording program on my computer, and I know I don't have a microphone. So yeah, I'm a little SOL in that department.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 10-30-2010, 03:26 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Well you can easily download Audacity which is a sound recording and editing program. I don't know about the other difficulties though.

Either way, we're here to have fun!
Old 10-30-2010, 03:31 AM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Send a message via AIM to CM

Quote:
Well you can easily download Audacity which is a sound recording and editing program. I don't know about the other difficulties though.

Either way, we're here to have fun!
I think there's already a program on my Mac, I just have to find it. If I can't find it, than that program may come in handy. Hopefully I will get better soon and then figure out how to do the recording and editing, and then maybe have some of my own recordings up on here.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 10-30-2010, 03:42 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

I have a mic, but it has this weird buzzing noise in the background, so I used a portable voice recorder. It worked well, but I probably should have figured out how to eliminate the echoes.