Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 02-09-2010, 08:56 PM
Calipo Offline
New Trainer

Default RMT Please ^^

Hey I'm kinda new in the forums, been a big fan of Pokemon for quite some time now (10 years if I'm not mistaken).
Would like your opinion on my new Pokemon team for Platinum.
Here they go...

Weavile@Life Orb
Hability: Pressure
Nature: Jolly
EV's: 4 HP, 252 Speed, 252 Attack
Moveset:
-Fake Out
-Taunt
-Ice Punch
-Punishment

Description:
Usually start with Fake Out, breaks Focus Shash, Ice Punch is a great Stab and usually OHKO on super-effective, Taunt is great against Teams that set up Entry Hazards and/or Pokemon that go for gained stats. Punishment is... really great! You must be thinking it sucks with Taunt, but if Weavile is not my lead or in Doube Battles, if someone has been Calm Minding/Swords Dancing, it will probably give them a OHKO, and 60 isn't much different from the 75 Night Slash if no stats gains on foe.

Roserade@Yache Berry
Habiltiy: Natural Cure
Nature: Modest (Maybe Should've went for Timid with 252 Speed instead of Sp. Defense?)
EV's: 4HP, 252 Sp. Attack, 252 Sp. Defense
Moveset:
-Leaf Storm
-Extrasensory
-Stun Spore
-Aromatherapy

Description:
My Support Pokemon, it can be hit by a special move without dying, Yache Berry makes it able to sustain an Ice Beam and still be above 50% HP, Leaf Storm... Hurts! Stun Spore, is really great against fast pokemon, and is a really nice Status problem, Aromatherapy is great when someone decides to Poison, Burn or whatever my Pokemon, it has saved me a lot of times. Extrasensory is somewhat of a filler, but is really great for the flinch (works good with stun spore)

Lucario@Expert Belt
Hability: Inner Focus (Maybe Steedfast would be best with Modest?)
Nature: Modest (Maybe Timid would work best with Inner Focus?)
EV's: 4HP, 252 Sp. Attack, 252 Speed
Moveset:
-Aura Sphere
-Dark Pulse
-Psychic
-Dragon Pulse

Description:
A Special Sweeper, I was using Choice Scarf, but Expert Belt seems to work better, since people do use a lot of Pokemon Types these days, and Lucario does cover a lot of Pokemon. I think I don't really need to go in detail about the moves right? Dragon Pulse however, aside it's use for KO Dragons, only has 1 type that resists it, and it does have a Power of 90.

Dusknoir@Shell Bell (hmmm)
Hability: Pressure
Nature: Impish
EV's: 252HP, 128 Sp. Defense, 128 Defense
Moveset:
-Thunder Punch
-Taunt
-Will-o-Wisp
-Pain Split

Description:
Annoyer/Tank it works really well in Double Battles, haven't tested in single though. Thunder Punch covers what the rest of my team can't, Will-o-Wisp cripples Sweepers (burn = 1/2 attack) and is a good status problem, Taunt works great against recover, amongst other things, Pain Split... I really thought it would recover more HP with it... but in double battles it does work good, has saved my Lucario, and does work really well with Umbreon.

Umbreon@Leftovers
Hability: Synchronize
Nature: Careful
EV's: 252HP, 252 Sp. Defense, 4Attack
Moveset:
-Toxic
-Wish
-Protect
-Payback

Description:
I love this little guy, i've been able to smash 3 pokemon with him alone in doubles, he just soaks every special attack and seems to take little damage. Toxic, obviously makes him an Annoyer, Wish+Protect = more PP than Moonlight and more turns for toxic to take effect, Payback, it does hurt if you hit him first :P

Milotic@Flame Orb
Hability: Marvel Scale
Nature: Calm
EV's: 252HP, 252, Sp. Defense, 4 Defense
Moveset:
-Aqua Ring
-Recover
-Hypnosis
-Water Pulse

Description:
Well I don't really know what to do with Milotic, and was kind of thinking about replacing him with Vaporeon. He does soak up hits quite well after flame orb gets in effect, bad thing is... Burn does quite some damage, even after Aqua Ring(that's why it's there), Recover is obvious, Water Pulse does wonders sometimes with the confusion status, however, overall I usually put my Milotic on the bench, even though I do love him.

Any comments are welcome, any new ideas about replacing some pokemon as well, the only Pokemon I think I would hardly change would be Umbreon and Weavile aside from that, anything would be great :)
Thank You for reading, and thank's in advance for any advice.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:20 AM
lu1z Offline

Default Re: RMT Please ^^

I think you are in the wrong section.

This should be in the D/P section.

SoulSilver FC: 4855 9106 7336
SSBB FC: 0560 80166451
PBR FC: 3309 5845 4737
Old 10-06-2010, 11:36 PM
Mudkippy Offline

The second guy in the wrong section I notice a day
Old 10-07-2010, 01:58 AM
Shreyas Offline
New Trainer

No No No...

not to be rude or flaming or anything (note this post contains some criticism)

This team completely lacks a reliable physical sweeper, most of the items you gave your pokemon does not work at all nor does your team work together. Lead Weaviles can barely take a hit. You want to give him Sash to take at least one hit and get off some anti-leading things. Roserade wont work as a team support without reliable supporting moves. Remove aroma theropy and stun spore for HP Fire and Grass Knot. Instead of a Yache Berry, give it a Scarf and possibly remove Extrasensory for Sleep Powder. Change your Lucario to the standard Physical Sweeping set, so you will have a reliable physical sweeper. Give him Life Orb instead of Expert belt. Give Dusknoir Leftovers and Remove Taunt for Shadow Sneak and change its EV spread to 252HP/252 Def for sturdy defences. If you really want a cleric, give Umbreaon Heal Bell instead of Protect for a better supporting role. Milotic is HORRIBLE. Give it Leftovers and delete Aqua Ring for HP Electric or Grass and Remove water pulse for Surf. You want to add more reliable supporters since I see a Machamp ripping through this team like Paper. This team has a huge problem on CB Scizor+ The lack of reliable sweepers put you in a bad spot.

Hope it helps ^_^