Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » Pokemon News

Pokemon News Here you will find the Pokemon news that is on the website, posted here also so you can reply with any comments/questions.

Old 09-24-2010, 08:41 PM
Master Zorua Offline

Default Re: Fansites Hit by Cease and Desist Letters

Coro-coro is japan-based and the game is close to release there which is probably why they did not receive this letter. However, Veekun's still got pics and everything up, and they are about as well-known as Serebii. Which means there's either some prejudice going around, or this is one hell of a hoax.

Last edited by Mewcario; 09-24-2010 at 08:45 PM.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:40 AM
Speed-X Offline

Send a message via AIM to Speed-X

I seriously, swear-to-gawd that this has to be a hoax. This is absolutely ridiculous, and shouldn't have Nintendo mentioned this crapola for the previous games?
Retard-trolls, I'm sure. Ugh. However, if it were Nintendo (funny how its the America Nintendo--they are not "head honcho" of the Nintendo Business: Japan is. Therefore, what the hell gives them the right to do this crap?!), I'd call them a bunch of whining babies and punch them in the face. Oh, if only I could... I would, like, knock every tooth out of their pretty, stupid faces. Ugh. Hell, even this does not explain my sheer frustration, and I am so very glad and relieved that everyone pretty much shares the exact same opinion / concept as I. =_=

((By the way, does anyone know if they have Sugimori art released for all the new Pokemon? X_x If not, I thinks that would be a bit ridiculous, no?))
Old 09-25-2010, 05:15 PM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-X View Post
I seriously, swear-to-gawd that this has to be a hoax. This is absolutely ridiculous, and shouldn't have Nintendo mentioned this crapola for the previous games?
Retard-trolls, I'm sure. Ugh. However, if it were Nintendo (funny how its the America Nintendo--they are not "head honcho" of the Nintendo Business: Japan is. Therefore, what the hell gives them the right to do this crap?!), I'd call them a bunch of whining babies and punch them in the face. Oh, if only I could... I would, like, knock every tooth out of their pretty, stupid faces. Ugh. Hell, even this does not explain my sheer frustration, and I am so very glad and relieved that everyone pretty much shares the exact same opinion / concept as I. =_=

((By the way, does anyone know if they have Sugimori art released for all the new Pokemon? X_x If not, I thinks that would be a bit ridiculous, no?))
As I too believe this is bs, the only reason Nintendo in general would attempt to prevent the images from being viewed would be to prevent spoiling those who want to be surprised by the game. In any case, there are still multiple images being uploaded to bulbapedia and many walkthroughs being uploaded to Youtube as I speak. Therefore Nintendo would have messaged both sites, which, as it appears, they have not. In any case, this would be one of the biggest hoaxes since the DHMO scandal.
Old 09-25-2010, 05:32 PM
Speed-X Offline

Send a message via AIM to Speed-X

And, at that, they most likely would have done that for AT LEAST one of the previous generations.
And so biased is the selection (to which the letters were being sent to), that, one with enough common sense and who could think for themselves would be suspicious to whether this was a blatant attack from a troll or not. I mean, honestly, like you mentioned, Youtube is a giant community and basically a force beyond reckoning. What are they gonna do, take down Youtube, too?
At their rate, they might as well have threatened to. Y'know?

Anyways, all-in-all, I totally agree with you on the "giant hoax" concept. =_= (By the way, this may be off-subject, but what was the "DHMO scandal?" O.o; )
Old 09-25-2010, 09:56 PM
MoonKit Offline

Send a message via MSN to MoonKit

This all seems like a bunch of Fish Paste to me. Unless I get a letter from the REAL Nintendo saying it WAS them, I'm not buying it. I think someone got mad at them for posting screenshots and images, and are posing as some Nintendo dude, thus having them possibly breaking some code or law or something. I hope, if it isn't Nintendo, that the person(s) doing this are brought to justice or whatever.

I mean, if Nintendo is Ok with putting out Corocoro spoiler mags, they should be Ok with us posting updates on the Corocoro for Americans, mainly because it is in Japanese. *Points to all of the Corocoro text* All Japanese. None English, German, or French. *Burps up magnifying glass* Ever since Neo turned me into a Pikachu, I am like Reiko from Penguins of Madigaskar, just to inform you. *Looks around for clues to who is doing this*
Old 09-26-2010, 03:13 AM
Psycho__Ryan Offline
Master Trainer

Arrow Re: Fansites Hit by Cease and Desist Letters

I gotta belive this a a hoaxe. Afetrall, The games have been released to the piblic, and from my less than basic knowledge of copyrights, doesn't that mean it's free for people to ditribute the images of it aslong as it's not used for profit? It's like making a movie, but not letting anyone look at the poster art.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:01 AM
lencoo12 Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giratina View Post
I don't really think I'm buying this. There's just something strange about it - I think we all know that Nintendo isn't that clueless about their fanbase that they'll only go Anne Rice on us now, after a good five years - at least! - of fansites being up and spreading the news. Also, they forgot the word 'Version' after Black and White's names, durhurr... gotta be clear with those smart-as-goldfish fans, you know!
Haven't these been confirmed as real? Something about WPM speaking directly to the lawyer? If so then Nintendo have seriously gone down in my estimations. Grsspkmnmaster is completely right, if they can't see the commercial benefit of these sites, then frankly they don't deserve that benefit.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:48 AM
Charizard Michelle Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charizard Michelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by lencoo12 View Post
Haven't these been confirmed as real? Something about WPM speaking directly to the lawyer? If so then Nintendo have seriously gone down in my estimations. Grsspkmnmaster is completely right, if they can't see the commercial benefit of these sites, then frankly they don't deserve that benefit.
I believe I said that these letters have been confirmed as real. Both webmasters contacted the lawyer.

I need to find a new girl-on-girl animation.