Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!

Old 09-03-2010, 12:30 PM
Orthar Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orthar Send a message via MSN to Orthar Send a message via Skype™ to Orthar
Default Anti-Malware Doctor

So, I've contracted the anti-malware doctor virus. This little bastard is giving me more trouble than expected to get rid of him. Has anyone else had it, if so can you tell me how to get rid of it?
Old 09-03-2010, 01:17 PM
Elite Dialga Offline

Default Re: Anti-Malware Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PainKiller View Post
So, I've contracted the anti-malware doctor virus. This little bastard is giving me more trouble than expected to get rid of him. Has anyone else had it, if so can you tell me how to get rid of it?
Virus? Say no more, download this: Link

Install>Run>Update>Full System Scan, then let me know if the bugger persists.

This is one of the best Anti-Malware I've used to date, excellent heuristics, Free (Offer everything), Uses two AV engines etc.
Old 09-04-2010, 05:27 PM
Orthar Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orthar Send a message via MSN to Orthar Send a message via Skype™ to Orthar

I used a different program (Malwarebytes) to get rid of it, but I am using that program you provided along with McAfee to protect my computer now. Avast seems to pick up Malware a lot better than McAfee, so I appreciated you posting that,
Old 09-05-2010, 10:45 AM
Elite Dialga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by PainKiller View Post
I used a different program (Malwarebytes) to get rid of it, but I am using that program you provided along with McAfee to protect my computer now. Avast seems to pick up Malware a lot better than McAfee, so I appreciated you posting that,
You're welcome mate, I'm glad you got rid of it, yes "Malwarebytes" was going to be my recommendation after the Anti-virus I suggested, it must always be kept along with an Anti-virus since it is specifically designed to detect malware which are not detected by normal Anti-viruses (including registry viruses etc which are extremely small in size)
Old 09-26-2010, 09:57 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Cobalt Shadow

I tried that when my brother gave my nanna a virus lol. In the end I backed up her photos and wiped her harddrive lol. then made an account for my brother to use with loads of parental controls

Dragotech, Eternal Moonlight and I are the PE2k Wolf Pack! Fear Fredward the Sparklepire, Bidoof the Soulless and Slenderfairy!
Banner Made by Me
Old 09-26-2010, 05:08 PM
Giratina Offline

This pile of junk here has gotten that awful virus maybe about six times, and I have done everything I can think of to get rid of the thing. If you use Firefox, I recommend downloading the extensions AdBlock Plus and NoScript; it might take some fiddling around to make certain sites work properly, but it's allowed me to go on DeviantArt again, so for that I am eternally grateful. I've found that the virus calls itself CrwdCtrl, and anything coming from crwdctrl.com or really anything with cc in it is usually a carrier of the virus. In addition, I carry Webroot and Malwarebytes scans.

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)
Old 09-26-2010, 08:52 PM
Infernape Warrior Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Infernape Warrior

I know that it's cost per year, but my family and I use it: AVG. So far we haven't gotten anything bad yet.

Thank you for the awesome signature and avatar, XaiakuX!

Last edited by Infernape Warrior; 09-26-2010 at 09:01 PM.