Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Fourth Generation

Fourth Generation Discuss the fourth generation Pokemon games: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Old 09-23-2010, 07:12 AM
Dark Moonlight Offline

Default A Tip For A Tip

Someone gives a tip, then you can give them a tip for Pokémon Diamond, Pearl or Platinum.

But if you don't have a tip, that's alright. I'll give some tips.

#1: Don't double+ up on same types, unless you've like, got Rapidash and Houndoom. Houndoom has its second Dark type, so it's not total fire. But it really depends on the movesets of doubled types.

#2: If you use a Pokémon with an Exp. Share in battle, the Exp. will be doubled.

#3: Don't leave your team empty just to catch Pokémon that come later in the game. Fill up your team, they'll surprise you. (Like my Luxray)

Spoiler:
Old 09-23-2010, 07:39 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Cobalt Shadow
Default Re: A Tip For A Tip

Don't Forget the Adamant/Lustrous Orb in Spear Pillar (D/P) or the orb with the funny name in the distortion world(Pt) They are very handy

Dragotech, Eternal Moonlight and I are the PE2k Wolf Pack! Fear Fredward the Sparklepire, Bidoof the Soulless and Slenderfairy!
Banner Made by Me
Old 09-23-2010, 04:48 PM
Dark Moonlight Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend collector View Post
Don't Forget the Adamant/Lustrous Orb in Spear Pillar (D/P) or the orb with the funny name in the distortion world(Pt) They are very handy
But what do they do?

Spoiler:
Old 09-24-2010, 12:21 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Cobalt Shadow

you give the adamant orb to Dialga and it boosts the power of steel and dragon moves. give the lustrous orb to palkia and it will boost dragon and water moves.
give the orb with the funny name to giratina and it will stay in origin form outside of the distortion world and will boost ghost and dragon moves

Dragotech, Eternal Moonlight and I are the PE2k Wolf Pack! Fear Fredward the Sparklepire, Bidoof the Soulless and Slenderfairy!
Banner Made by Me
Old 09-24-2010, 12:34 AM
CaRdIaC Offline

Yep. And to get Palkia and Dialga in Platinum you have to have their orbs. You need to first catch or kill Giratina then go back into the cave and I think go up the waterfall after you have it and you will find the 2 orbs. When you go back to the top of the Spear Pillar there will be 2 swirly looking clouds that when you go up to and click on you can face Dialga and Palkia in the order you want.

I need Shiny Pokemon and all event pokemon! Pm Me to trade
FC 3997 3492 5293
Old 09-24-2010, 12:42 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Amen to that ( I am putting in this message in so i am not breaking the four word rule lol)

Banner Made by Me
Old 09-24-2010, 02:50 AM
CaRdIaC Offline

EV TRAINING GUIDE -By CaRdIaC

First with ev's you need to know that you have a max of 560 (i think) and you can only get 255 in each stat. To get this you need to battle pokemon that give you certain ev's.

These are the places to Ev train in pokemon Diamond, Pearl and Platinum. I do know places for Heartgold and Soul Silver. But this is a D/P/P posting place so ill only tell you those ones

HP EV Training

Shellos and Bidoof outside Valley Windworks give +1 HP EV each. Gastrodon outside the Fuego Ironworks give +2 HP EVs each Even MORE Gastrodon outside of PalPark also give +2 HP Evs each

Attack EV Training

Kricketune. Yes we know it has an annoying cry, but these common dudes give out a nice +2 Attack EVs each time. Bibarel also give out 2+ Attack EVs, but are less common... HOWEVER, head over to the rainy route [Route 212] and you can find both of these pokemon here.

Defence EV Training

Iron Island is the perfect Defence EV training paradise. It contains Geodude [+1], Graveler [+2], Onix [+1] and Steelix [+2], all of which drop vital Defence EVs.

Hippopotas and Geodude can be found in the cave, just off Route 214, each giving +1 Defence EV.

Special Attack EV Training

Gastly in the Old Chateau inside Eterna Forest give +1 Special Attack EV each, and if you put your GBA Game in the GBA slot whilst here, you could be lucky enough to spot a Haunter [+2 SAtk] or even a Gengar [+3 SAtk].

You can also battle Golducks outside the Resort Area by Surfing, giving +2 Special Attack EVs each.

Special Defence EV Training

Tentacool [+1 SDef] and Tentacruel [+2 SDef] are your best bets, found by Surfing pretty much any Ocean or Sea area. Mantyke's can be found north of Sunyshore Town, and give +1 Special Defence EV.

Speed EV Training

Raticates and Fearows Northwest of the Fight Area [+2 Speed EVs each] Zubats [+1 Speed EV]/Golbats [+2 Speed EVs] in most caves. Starly on Route 201 are great early game spots in case you want to EV train something early on, giving out +1 Speed EV each.

EV Power Items and Pokérus

EV Power Items:
These items boost the number of EVs gained per battle with a pokemon by 4 in their respective stat.

Power Anklet: Boosts Speed EVs

Power Band: Boosts Special Defense Evs

Power Belt: Boosts Defense EVs

Power Bracer: Boosts Attack EVs

Power Lens: Boosts Special Attack EVs

Power Weight: Boosts HP EVs

Each of these can be bought for 16 BP from the Battle Tower.

The equation to find the number of EVs gained from using a Power Item goes like this:

x + y = t

x = EV's from pokemon
y = EVs boosted from Power Items (+4)
t = Total EVs

Now with Pokerus we multiply the whole left side of the equation by 2 so...

2(x + y) = t

Now assume we have a pokemon that grants 2 points per battle...

2(2 + 4) = 12

So fighting a Kricketune with Pokérus and a Power Bracer would give you 12 Atk EVs per battle

FC 3997 3492 5293

Last edited by CaRdIaC; 09-24-2010 at 02:59 AM.
Old 09-24-2010, 03:26 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaRdIaC View Post
EV TRAINING GUIDE -By CaRdIaC

First with ev's you need to know that you have a max of 510 (i think) and you can only get 255 in each stat. To get this you need to battle pokemon that give you certain ev's.

These are the places to Ev train in pokemon Diamond, Pearl and Platinum. I do know places for Heartgold and Soul Silver. But this is a D/P/P posting place so ill only tell you those ones

HP EV Training

Shellos and Bidoof outside Valley Windworks give +1 HP EV each. Gastrodon outside the Fuego Ironworks give +2 HP EVs each Even MORE Gastrodon outside of PalPark also give +2 HP Evs each

Attack EV Training

Kricketune. Yes we know it has an annoying cry, but these common dudes give out a nice +2 Attack EVs each time. Bibarel also give out 2+ Attack EVs, but are less common... HOWEVER, head over to the rainy route [Route 212] and you can find both of these pokemon here.

Defence EV Training

Iron Island is the perfect Defence EV training paradise. It contains Geodude [+1], Graveler [+2], Onix [+1] and Steelix [+2], all of which drop vital Defence EVs.

Hippopotas and Geodude can be found in the cave, just off Route 214, each giving +1 Defence EV.

Special Attack EV Training

Gastly in the Old Chateau inside Eterna Forest give +1 Special Attack EV each, and if you put your GBA Game in the GBA slot whilst here, you could be lucky enough to spot a Haunter [+2 SAtk] or even a Gengar [+3 SAtk].

You can also battle Golducks outside the Resort Area by Surfing, giving +2 Special Attack EVs each.

Special Defence EV Training

Tentacool [+1 SDef] and Tentacruel [+2 SDef] are your best bets, found by Surfing pretty much any Ocean or Sea area. Mantyke's can be found north of Sunyshore Town, and give +1 Special Defence EV.

Speed EV Training

Raticates and Fearows Northwest of the Fight Area [+2 Speed EVs each] Zubats [+1 Speed EV]/Golbats [+2 Speed EVs] in most caves. Starly on Route 201 are great early game spots in case you want to EV train something early on, giving out +1 Speed EV each.

EV Power Items and Pokérus

EV Power Items:
These items boost the number of EVs gained per battle with a pokemon by 4 in their respective stat.

Power Anklet: Boosts Speed EVs

Power Band: Boosts Special Defense Evs

Power Belt: Boosts Defense EVs

Power Bracer: Boosts Attack EVs

Power Lens: Boosts Special Attack EVs

Power Weight: Boosts HP EVs

Each of these can be bought for 16 BP from the Battle Tower.

The equation to find the number of EVs gained from using a Power Item goes like this:

x + y = t

x = EV's from pokemon
y = EVs boosted from Power Items (+4)
t = Total EVs

Now with Pokerus we multiply the whole left side of the equation by 2 so...

2(x + y) = t

Now assume we have a pokemon that grants 2 points per battle...

2(2 + 4) = 12

So fighting a Kricketune with Pokérus and a Power Bracer would give you 12 Atk EVs per battle
Building on to that.
Attack: Once you get the super rod use it in lake valor. the only pokemon that come up with the super rod ther are gyarados and seaking. they both give off 2 attack EVs each.

Special Attack: Put in a GBA Game and head to the old chateu. You find ghastly and haunter anywhere in the mansion but to find gengar you need to be in the second floor in the second room on the right through that hallway.

As For pokerus, when you get a pokemon with it, pick 5 pokemon that you never use, and put the pokerus pokemon in the first s;lot of the party. then battle until the pokerus has spread to everyone in your party. then immediately put them in you PC. Do this all in the same day that you get your fist pokerus pokemon, as unless it is in the PC, it will be cured that night. it will still get double EVs but it won't be able to spread

Banner Made by Me
Old 09-24-2010, 04:41 AM
Tsujin Offline

Lol, you should've just posted this thats right in the other section to teach EV training.

| Friend Codes / Trade Thread / Battle Log |
| Me IRL / Pokerus Empire / YouTube |
Old 09-24-2010, 04:44 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsujin View Post
Lol, you should've just posted this thats right in the other section to teach EV training.
doesn't matter now, I just built off this guys one and added a few things lol

Banner Made by Me
Old 09-24-2010, 04:47 AM
Tsujin Offline

Oh well I meant him instead of having to write all of that there.

| Friend Codes / Trade Thread / Battle Log |
| Me IRL / Pokerus Empire / YouTube |
Old 09-24-2010, 04:49 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

lol ah well too late now lol, unless he edits the post, then my posts will make no sense

Banner Made by Me
Old 09-24-2010, 12:57 PM
CaRdIaC Offline

Darn....I didn't know that but ya it's too late anyways

FC 3997 3492 5293