Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Old 09-13-2010, 04:42 AM
scubasteveE Offline

Send a message via AIM to scubasteveE Send a message via MSN to scubasteveE
Default Re: About Spammers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyokit View Post
I don't think you get it. We are trying to prevent them from signing up in the first place, and we all know how to report somthing, unless we are so stupid that we know nothing.
I actually do get it, but my point was that the community as a whole could help decrease the spamming. I've seen spam threads stay up for quite a while because never notice it. How do you know that new members will automatically know how to report someone? You actually would be surprised of how many people don't know that.

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
Old 09-13-2010, 04:34 PM
-Pichu Boy- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -Pichu Boy-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyokit View Post
No, you don't know what I mean at all.

I mean like
Type a Pokemon's name here if you are human;

We have rather moved on to that as a topic, rather then watching them post, no, no. We are trying to stop them before or durring the time they sign up. Not have tons of trash threads thrown everywhere.

But it might help if mone of the more active members were a mod...then threads could go bye bye easier and quicker.
The thing with 'Type a mon's name', is that people can set up a bot to type 'Pikachu' every time they want to sign up. With a verification image (as Ttar suggested), it changes every time, so the people can never assign a bot to it.
Old 09-16-2010, 02:12 AM
MoonKit Offline

Send a message via MSN to MoonKit

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Pichu Boy- View Post
The thing with 'Type a mon's name', is that people can set up a bot to type 'Pikachu' every time they want to sign up. With a verification image (as Ttar suggested), it changes every time, so the people can never assign a bot to it.
*Tons of curses here*

What the well, they can do that? Hmmm...then I guess I agree with the picture thing. But please, make it words that N00bs can't read.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:18 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttar Trainer View Post
The 10 post thing wouldn't really do anything. They would probably just spam in threads instead of making their own.

A good way to prevent spammer-bots is to make it so they have to type an image verification code. The "type the word Desk" thing at the beginning that I got when registering has already been cracked.

For actually people spamming, the best thing you can do is have good active staff there.
If you remember, there is a thing like that when you sign up; a random question is generated. Mine was 'What does Charmander evolve into?' And you type the answer into the little box, so that's nothing different than what you suggested other than it's slightly more difficult if you don't know much about Pokemon and are joining to learn more. But nothing is stopping you from Googling 'Charmander'...
But the Captcha idea might work, because those darn things stump me and I am not a robot.