Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards

Art Boards Art boards for both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related art.

Old 08-05-2010, 11:59 PM
Eeveelutions Offline

Default Re: Signature & Avatar Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2kPikachu12 View Post
I'd like comments on this tag because it's my second sprite tag, and I like it but i'm not sure if it's all that great. Please avoid saying something about the sprite being kinda bad because I know I effed that up.

...that's awesome. I just think the background is a little too blurred out. I guess you can make it that blurred if you had more effects in it, but it's just kinda weird to look at. It makes the sprite kinda look like a sticker, in a sense. But I do like that you used matching colors 8D Normally I'm bad at that. Heh

Well here's one I made...o__o I couldn't decide on a font.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:00 AM
Thief Offline
Amateur Trainer

OMG that's awesome :). And the fonts perfect for it, I really don't see anything wrong. 5/5

heres a remake of the Floatzel banner I did. I think it looks better than the last one.

EDIT: Another I just did by a tutorial

Credit to Dylan for making this awesome banner :3

Last edited by Thief; 08-06-2010 at 03:53 AM.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:01 AM
Anastasia-R Offline
Time Gear Thief

Send a message via MSN to Anastasia-R Send a message via Skype™ to Anastasia-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeveelutions View Post
...that's awesome. I just think the background is a little too blurred out. I guess you can make it that blurred if you had more effects in it, but it's just kinda weird to look at. It makes the sprite kinda look like a sticker, in a sense. But I do like that you used matching colors 8D Normally I'm bad at that. Heh

Well here's one I made...o__o I couldn't decide on a font.
That's a cute banner. =]
Lots of smudging, it makes the render blend with the banner. ^..^ It's a good thing, if that's what you aim for. The flow is hard to tell where it's coming from, or where it is. The text effect is good and it stands out, but it didn't help where the flow is. =o It could help, but in this case, it still didn't show where the flow was, because you smudged on both sides of the render. ^..^; Smudging can be really good with flows. xD; Hmm, to maybe add a little depth to it, why not blur a little of the smudging? Or, maybe sharpen the render a little. It can add some attention to the render. ^..^ It looks pretty good. =] I like it, actually. xD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thief View Post
OMG that's awesome :). And the fonts perfect for it, I really don't see anything wrong. 5/5

heres a remake of the Floatzel banner I did. I think it looks better than the last one.

A little better there.
Just, don't save on jpg. It changes the quality of the banner, and it looks blurry. x..x Er, not a lot is happing in the banner. No depth, but if I can make a suggestion, try blurring the tail and part of the arm? It'd look like it's heading towards the left more. ^..^ The text, oh boy, not good here. D= Black? Hmm, try another color, maybe blue or orange? The font, er, try another style of the font. The placement would be better, but there's not much flow to it, so that shouldn't help you place the text. Try placing it other place of the banner, away from the borders. I think that's all I have. ^..^;
Old 08-06-2010, 04:25 AM
Thief Offline
Amateur Trainer

Okay :D. I did what you said, and came out with this, and I saved it in PNG this time. :)

Oh and I didn't know which arm you were talking about.

With the text,,,, um, I know where to get texts: Dafont. But I don't know how to put them on gimp so im hopeless right now haha

EDIT: Just made this tag. Got some fonts

Credit to Dylan for making this awesome banner :3

Last edited by Thief; 08-06-2010 at 05:19 AM.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:09 PM
Blitzkrieg Offline
Amateur Trainer

The Smugleaf banner is your best so far. Good job with it.

My second banner.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:12 PM
Dark Moonlight Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
The Smugleaf banner is your best so far. Good job with it.

My second banner.
Really cool banner. Keep up the great work! =3

Spoiler:
Old 08-11-2010, 07:11 PM
Blitzkrieg Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Moonlight View Post
Really cool banner. Keep up the great work! =3
Heh, thanks. I might do a Giovanni one next or one of the Moon from Majora's Mask.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:03 PM
Y2kPikachu12 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

@Thief This is alright, but my main issue is that it doesn't really look like you did much to it and there's not much of a flow. You could easily make it all flow to the left with the use of C4D's and Brushes but you didn't really. Also, the text is very conflicting to the flow, which defeats the purpose really. Good job though, I can see you're taking crit well.

@Blitzkrieg I really like this banner. It's nice and the text suits it well. You kinda have the same problem as Thief though, there's not much flow, everything just kinda there and not all doing the same thing. Also, work on smudging or C4D's to help blend the render in with the whole thing so it doesn't look copypasted. The render's not very good around the edges which can really kill the look of the whole thing. Great job with the text for the most part, it fits well but doesn't do anything for the flow. I like the border too :)

Just wanted to get some real CnC (albeit not amazing) in for those two.

If I could please have CnC on the tag of mine quoted at the very top of this page, that'd be great thanks. :D

Waruvial 2177
Old 08-12-2010, 04:18 AM
Blitzkrieg Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
@Blitzkrieg I really like this banner. It's nice and the text suits it well. You kinda have the same problem as Thief though, there's not much flow, everything just kinda there and not all doing the same thing. Also, work on smudging or C4D's to help blend the render in with the whole thing so it doesn't look copypasted. The render's not very good around the edges which can really kill the look of the whole thing. Great job with the text for the most part, it fits well but doesn't do anything for the flow. I like the border too :)
Thanks for the feedback. What is smudging and C4D? I'm glad you like the rest.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:48 AM
Y2kPikachu12 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
Thanks for the feedback. What is smudging and C4D? I'm glad you like the rest.
Smudging is when you use the smudge tool to almost blur things so that they fit well in the background or whatever else. C4D's are well I can't really describe them, google them and you can find a lot on Planet Renders. Haha sorry I just can't really think of how to describe them well.

Waruvial 2177
Old 08-12-2010, 06:07 AM
Blitzkrieg Offline
Amateur Trainer

Okay, thanks. I love your Broggy banner.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:21 PM
DeadSmite Offline

Quote:
Smudging is when you use the smudge tool to almost blur things so that they fit well in the background or whatever else. C4D's are well I can't really describe them, google them and you can find a lot on Planet Renders. Haha sorry I just can't really think of how to describe them well.
Correction, the Blur too is for blurring, as well as the numerous blur filters under the "filter" tab. smudge tool is used to smudge an object a certain direction to create flow, or to "enhance" or "correct" certain features in photos, boobs, nose, etc. as well as to blend into the background but it doesn't blur anything as far as i can tell or see.

Class dismissed.

@Blitzkrieg: keep it up, i can tell you've just started with PS (or gimp, i dunno), trust me, all you need to do is just work on the flow, your depth, your composition and your placement (center placing is a no-no unless it actually looks good that way.). -Tips from a freelance graphic designer.

anyways:

my new one, its actually been a few months.

Old 08-13-2010, 12:53 AM
Hihi Offline
Elite Trainer

Firstly, it looks much better in color. x3

Um, what can i say, it looks great. Well, the big space on the right side is... uh, big, and the text doesn't cover it very well, so i'd consider cropping some of it off and making smaller text. ^..^ Um, what else. The colors are great, maybe make it a BIT more vibrant. I would think that it would come out better, but it might come out a train wreck, so. |D

Anyways, yeah. Considering using these for a sig / avvie. thoughts?

Last edited by Hihi; 08-13-2010 at 11:57 AM.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:45 PM
Giratina Offline

They definitely look nice, but seem a little empty and flat without a render or something else to that effect.

Anyhow, I finally got around to learning to use Photoshop, and I've come up with my first banner ever. Whee.

It looks alright to me, but I'm also concerned that it's a bit too dark on other people's monitors. Comments? Thoughts? "OMG stop making banners now there's no redemption for you"s?"

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)
Old 08-25-2010, 07:20 PM
pokejava Offline
Elite Trainer

hey i would like someone to judge my avatar for me

I AM BACK EVERYONE I AM SORRY I WAS GONE