Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!

Old 07-25-2010, 02:37 PM
Crystal-Wolf Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Re: battlefield bad company 2 v.s modern warfare 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crippler View Post
NTT is officially dead to me.
NTT has the best avatar and sig how can you say she is dead?
Old 07-25-2010, 03:35 PM
George Jefferson Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to George Jefferson Send a message via MSN to George Jefferson Send a message via Yahoo to George Jefferson Send a message via Skype™ to George Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal-Wolf View Post
Old 07-25-2010, 05:24 PM
The Maple Syrup Baptist Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to The Maple Syrup Baptist Send a message via MSN to The Maple Syrup Baptist

BFBC1 was really fun, and much better than MW2 in every way (hell, even graphics) so I imagine BFBC2 is also better.

I need to play Team Fortress 2 still; I'll probably be picking up The Orange Box on 360 soon. I'd like to get Halo: ODST and give the multiplayer and co-op a real chance. L4D/L4D2 are both serious fun as well, if not short but at least highly replayable. Hopefully I'll pick up MAG soon as well.

As far as FPS's this gen, for me, Killzone 2 has the best singleplayer campaign, Resistance 2 has the best co-op, and COD4/Resistance 2/Killzone 2 are all tied for best competitive multiplayer.

MW2 was fun with friends though.
Old 07-25-2010, 06:21 PM
LS Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Maple Syrup Baptist View Post
BFBC1 was really fun, and much better than MW2 in every way (hell, even graphics) so I imagine BFBC2 is also better.

I need to play Team Fortress 2 still; I'll probably be picking up The Orange Box on 360 soon. I'd like to get Halo: ODST and give the multiplayer and co-op a real chance. L4D/L4D2 are both serious fun as well, if not short but at least highly replayable. Hopefully I'll pick up MAG soon as well.

As far as FPS's this gen, for me, Killzone 2 has the best singleplayer campaign, Resistance 2 has the best co-op, and COD4/Resistance 2/Killzone 2 are all tied for best competitive multiplayer.

MW2 was fun with friends though.

Resistance was alright.. Killzone... The controlls for that game were SO CLUNKY.. You couldn't even have fun in multiplayer or singleplayer with them.. MAG is an over rated lag fest. Modern Warefare 2 will reign supreme because it is easier to pick up and play. BF:BC2 is a better game I agree.. But MW2 is going to outlast all these games only because of the amount of fanboys and simple controlls. Oh and ofcourse the guns that kill in like a bullet from long distance which lets pretty much anyone get a good score at the game..

J
Old 07-25-2010, 08:30 PM
Orthar Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orthar Send a message via MSN to Orthar Send a message via Skype™ to Orthar

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS the Door Mat View Post
Resistance was alright.. Killzone... The controlls for that game were SO CLUNKY.. You couldn't even have fun in multiplayer or singleplayer with them.. MAG is an over rated lag fest. Modern Warefare 2 will reign supreme because it is easier to pick up and play. BF:BC2 is a better game I agree.. But MW2 is going to outlast all these games only because of the amount of fanboys and simple controlls. Oh and ofcourse the guns that kill in like a bullet from long distance which lets pretty much anyone get a good score at the game..

J
I agreed with everything except for the bolded statement. I've had MAG for about a month now, and not once have I run into a laggy game. It's smooth as silk, doesn't have nearly as many glitches as MW2, and encourages teamwork. MAG is a lot more fun to play than MW2 is.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:28 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

I've played both.

Modern Warfare 2 has a much better single player campaign, despite how unrealistic it is. BF:BC2's wasn't bad, but it wasn't the best I've ever seen either. The characters are funny and have good personality, but it isn't the most thrilling game I've ever played.

But in terms of online multiplayer...

Battlefield Bad Company 2

Pros
  • Maps are more open
  • Other people online tend to be more mature and tend to work more cooperatively than MW2
  • Weapons feel more balanced
  • Destructible buildings
  • Presence of vehicles and more gadgets

Cons
  • The maps are pretty boring
  • Tighter learning curve
  • Movement feels a little more "jerky."
  • The game feels a bit boring after you've unlocked all the weapons and there's nothing left to earn

Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 2

Pros
  • More weapons and more customization, though some guns are obviously better than others
  • Tends to have more action, and gets you back into the fight usually very quickly after dying
  • Has more modes of play as opposed to BF:BC2
  • Kill streak rewards
  • Perks for character customization

Cons
  • Horrible online community. Most people who play seem to be way lower than what the ESRB rating recommends
  • Enormous amount of grenade and grenade launcher use
  • Excessive camping (though I'd much rather be killed by a camper than a grenade launcher)
  • Excessive amount of knifing, which seems to be much too quick to be realistic
  • Some maps just feel way too small

But in truth, both of them are good games in their own rights, and they're both different from each other. Its not so much a matter of which one is better. Some people will obviously like one over the other depending on their play style and so on.

Old 08-21-2010, 07:13 PM
NTT Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crippler View Post
NTT is officially dead to me.
Ah well =P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal-Wolf View Post
I'm male [=

Wifi (Soul Silver): 1677 6730 3945
Shoddy Battle (Smogon Server): NTT
Pokémon Online (Beta Server): NTT