Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 07-23-2010, 07:22 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Default Re: Video Game are Cocaine?

Watching TV isn't the same as playing video games. The latter is interactive. It's a big difference.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 07-23-2010, 08:08 PM
burningzepp08 Offline
Elite Trainer

Default Re: Video Game is Cocaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masami View Post
Sex is the most addictive thing I've come across, however weed was also preety hard to cut.

Honestly though, their are certain video games that are addictive. This is because thats what theyre meant to be, games have become so realistic that a good one, in moments of the game you actually releases adrenaline into you.

Lets face it, us kids have ridiculuosly safety regulations and rules pushed against us, so the thrill of video games is often something we require in this boring, test-based childhood.
Then you must be weak when it comes to Willpower. I've stopped smoking pot when I've wanted. It wasn't even hard.

It's fullproof!
Speak to me only with your eyes, It is to you I give this tune.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:01 PM
LS Offline

Anything and everything that satisfies you can be addicting.. Video games are no exception.. and to be honest.. I'd rather play my 360 than do heroin..
Old 07-24-2010, 12:31 AM
Cherries Offline

Send a message via MSN to Cherries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
Watching TV isn't the same as playing video games. The latter is interactive. It's a big difference.
OK Than, tell me whats the difference one is interacting and one if mindlessly watching there both can be adictive and a time killer.

Credits To Neeno For Signature
Old 07-24-2010, 10:01 AM
The pokemaster Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to The pokemaster Send a message via Skype™ to The pokemaster

Calling video games a drug is going quite far. Just because it's addicting, doesn't mean that it's bad for you. It's like saying reading a book is bad for you, because sometimes, you can't put it down.

^URPG Stats^
Banner/Avi by Blue Dragon of BMGf
Old 07-24-2010, 01:59 PM
Cherries Offline

Send a message via MSN to Cherries

Quote:
Originally Posted by The pokemaster View Post
Calling video games a drug is going quite far. Just because it's addicting, doesn't mean that it's bad for you. It's like saying reading a book is bad for you, because sometimes, you can't put it down.
Agreed, but I can't see video gaming causing any MAJOR damage to you right?

Credits To Neeno For Signature
Old 07-24-2010, 06:52 PM
LS Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherries View Post
Agreed, but I can't see video gaming causing any MAJOR damage to you right?
It can cause major damage.. Like I said.. Everything can be bad for you. It just depends your level of addiction to it.. If you have enough self control then you should be fine.. Sadly, a number of the kids these days don't..
Old 07-24-2010, 09:19 PM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey

... personally, it depends on the person playing it and what the situation is. Plus you have to factor the overall health of the psyche, etc. But I doubt video games can possibly be the equivalent of cocaine. It's what the people do. What do they say about guns? Guns don't kill people, people do. Well, video games don't ruin people's lives, people ruin people's lives by getting video games.

The thing is, I have played for more than two hours a day on some days. I don't play video games much anymore (nothing that I can get until September), but I am very healthy. I'm not the fittest guy you can imagine. Despite being on my computer a lot of the time, writing my book, checking my email, Serebii, PE2K, Bulbapedia, etc, and a small problem, I'm almost completely healthy.

I guess one can probably link video game addiction with either nothing else to do, stress, peer pressure, neglect, or something within that area, or even maybe a mental health issue that may be severely overlooked. Mental health awareness is an interesting thing; not very many people take into account that a healthy mind is just as important if not a bit more important than physical health. My brother is addicted to video games. His problem is a combination of things. ADHD, stress, constant thoughts of people telling him that I'm better than him... He kind of just had some kind of psychotic break the other day. Video games is only part of the fire. But as they say; fire should not be played with... but this is only metaphorically speaking.

You can play video games, just pay attention to how healthy your mind is. =)
Old 08-04-2010, 08:34 PM
Alonso Offline

Send a message via AIM to Alonso

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumAnimations View Post
Well according to Steve Pope it is. Steve Pope, in case you don't know, is a therapist and counselor who believes that playing video games for two hours is the equivalent of taking a line of cocaine... Really?

Okay, let me go sniff my DS cartridge now...

Anyway, Steve Pope claims that playing video games for two hours or more is the equivalent of taking cocaine. He also thinks that it creates obesity among the peoples and can cause violent behavior.

But, well let me quote this crap fest right now.

Wait, wait wait wait wait WAIT! Don't these three lines contradict themselves?

Oh, and stealing money from parents... I guess if your parent leaves cash lying around the house, they are definitely asking for it...
Those lines don't contradict if you read it like this:

You skip your main daily meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner).
Instead of dining appropriately, you start eating junk food like small snacks (hot pockets, brownie, cookies).
If you start eating little things instead of the three main meals of the day, you will be hungry every 30 minutes or so.
Eat junk food snacks every 30 minutes and you will gain weight and maybe to the extremity of obesity.

I know this because I almost went down this path but I stopped this bad habit in its tracks.
Go to the Anime section