Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Other Pokemon Games

Other Pokemon Games Discuss all Pokemon spin-off games here, including Pokemon Ranger, Mystery Dungeon, Pinball, Colosseum, XD, Stadium, Snap, Super Smash Bros., Hey You Pikachu!, Battle Revolution and PokePark Wii.

Old 07-23-2010, 03:27 PM
Cherries Offline

Send a message via MSN to Cherries
Default Pokemon XD Graphics.

Who thinks Pokemon XD graphics are the best, and they should make the gba/ds games like it also? :O?

Credits To Neeno For Signature
Old 07-23-2010, 03:32 PM
Operative Offline

Send a message via MSN to Operative Send a message via Skype™ to Operative
Default Re: Pokemon XD Graphics.

Nobody. Pokemon games should have been left 2D.

Consoles are fine, but migrating it over to the handhelds, it's not the same. :F

|thedynamicduo|
Old 07-24-2010, 12:28 AM
Cherries Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operative View Post

Consoles are fine, but migrating it over to the handhelds, it's not the same. :F
well, i see what you mean by that and i never thought of this till now but i think thye kept the pokemon graphics to a minimum and only worked on tehre sprites for this reason :O that people like 3D sprits and 2D battling, 3D towns and adventure outside of battle, thats kewl tho, also the XD battle system is totaly epic, and you cant say its not.

Old 07-24-2010, 12:32 AM
Operative Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherries View Post
well, i see what you mean by that and i never thought of this till now but i think thye kept the pokemon graphics to a minimum and only worked on tehre sprites for this reason :O that people like 3D sprits and 2D battling, 3D towns and adventure outside of battle, thats kewl tho, also the XD battle system is totaly epic, and you cant say its not.
It's exactly like the normal battle system, though. Except the 'Run' option is replaced with 'Call.' And I got pretty annoyed how almost every battle was double. =_=

And shadow moves were really annoying.

Though, I do admit I did like XD in General.

|thedynamicduo|
Old 07-24-2010, 12:40 AM
Cherries Offline

Quote:

It's exactly like the normal battle system, though. Except the 'Run' option is replaced with 'Call.' And I got pretty annoyed how almost every battle was double. =_=

And shadow moves were really annoying.

Though, I do admit I did like XD in General.
Agreed I like the game the double battles were just another way to strategize and learn what to do at certain points. Also I love the plot Could be the BEST pokemon plot in the entire history. Aswell as the maps. Very Creative and interseting, Agreed?

Old 07-24-2010, 11:21 AM
The pokemaster Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to The pokemaster Send a message via Skype™ to The pokemaster

Quote:

Here here.

^URPG Stats^
Banner/Avi by Blue Dragon of BMGf
Old 07-24-2010, 02:20 PM
Marshmallow Pope Offline
Banned

Well with the 3DS coming out and it having a joy stick, it can be more reasonable to have a 3-D R/S re-make which would be pretty kick @ss if you ask me. It's supposed to handle those graphics anyways and it could be a good change of pace aside from a grid-like path, we could actually have new gameplay elements.
Old 07-24-2010, 02:30 PM
Skylands Offline

The graphics of the world outside from the battles are basically the same as Colosseum.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:37 PM
Operative Offline

Eh, the plot. It's probably the ONLY pokemon game with a plot, anyways. Even though I got tired of fighting the same people with different hair colour over and over again. Not to mention it got overly repetitive when you'd run around a building and they'd appear out of nowhere.

Well. I won't say I'm a HUGE fan of the maps, but they were nice compared to Colloseums. But, they were still unbelievably small and could have been much larger. :P

|thedynamicduo|
Old 07-24-2010, 09:59 PM
Marshmallow Pope Offline
Banned

Quote:
Eh, the plot. It's probably the ONLY pokemon game with a plot, anyways. Even though I got tired of fighting the same people with different hair colour over and over again. Not to mention it got overly repetitive when you'd run around a building and they'd appear out of nowhere.

Well. I won't say I'm a HUGE fan of the maps, but they were nice compared to Colloseums. But, they were still unbelievably small and could have been much larger. :P
True, but there were some trainers that were just like the ones on the handheld versions where they had an exclamation mark pop up over their head and they walk up to you. If they'd make the maps bigger, have some elements relating to the classics, and bring in some new gameplay from being in 3-D then it could become a good 3DS game.
Old 07-24-2010, 10:54 PM
Cherries Offline

Quote:

True but the game is still overall prolly a 7.5/10 by my standards.

Old 07-25-2010, 04:32 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

Maybe so, but you have to remember it was an older game, so it's probably not up to everyone's standards today, though I will admit I loved the fact the game actually had a plot rather than just run around and become a pokemon master like all the other games. Not to mention I liked how the 3D brought things to life(it was my second-ever pokemon game, after FR), and I remember being really, really mad at my stepmom when she lost it, so I rebought it last year just so I could finish the game my stepmom lost four or five years ago.

Honestly I'd kill for something like XD to come out for the Wii since Battle Revolution was an utter fail in keeping my intrest, but yeah, it would work nicely for the 3DS too.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 07-25-2010, 02:57 PM
Cherries Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Cherry View Post
Maybe so, but you have to remember it was an older game, so it's probably not up to everyone's standards today, though I will admit I loved the fact the game actually had a plot rather than just run around and become a pokemon master like all the other games. Not to mention I liked how the 3D brought things to life(it was my second-ever pokemon game, after FR), and I remember being really, really mad at my stepmom when she lost it, so I rebought it last year just so I could finish the game my stepmom lost four or five years ago.

Honestly I'd kill for something like XD to come out for the Wii since Battle Revolution was an utter fail in keeping my intrest, but yeah, it would work nicely for the 3DS too.
:O Your stepmoms a douchebag lol.

TO think you went out a RE BOUGHT the game shows how much of a die-heart poke'fan you are, and im glad someone agrees with me when i said they like the plot and such. :)

(hence maybe its our names??):P

Old 07-25-2010, 06:10 PM
Dartz Offline

Send a message via AIM to Dartz Send a message via MSN to Dartz Send a message via Yahoo to Dartz

Actually , its graphics are good in 2D but Nothing in 3D
Old 07-25-2010, 07:58 PM
Crystal-Wolf Offline
Experienced Trainer

I quite like the games graphics good for a game on gamecube or whatever it is on.