Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Fourth Generation

Fourth Generation Discuss the fourth generation Pokemon games: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Old 07-14-2010, 06:15 PM
Akkodiak Offline
New Trainer

Question Some Advice on my team? (SoulSilver)

Well I'm new here and for my first act... I'd like to see what others think of my team and give any advice.

I am currently at three badges (will have the fourth by end of today) and my team currently is:

Jolteon (lvl 16, still training): Thundershock, Tackle, Sand-Attack, Headbutt
Quilava (lvl 22): Headbutt, Flame Wheel, Rock Smash, Ember
Poliwag (lvl 22, will evolve into Poliwrath): Body Slam, Surf, Hypnosis, Water Gun
Nidorino (lvl 21, will evolve to Nidoking): Poison Sting, Peck, Cut, Double Kick
Sudowoodo (lvl 22, will swap with Tangrowth later): Strength, Low Kick, Rock Throw, Mimic
Noctowl (lvl 21): Reflect, Peck, Uproar, Hypnosis

Other points:
-I'd really like advice on the Noctowl and Nidorino because they don't have a good arsenal of moves yet.
-When I get the Tangela after my seventh badge I will evolve that into Tangrowth, so some advice on that guy could help.
-This time around with this game I wanted to use some slightly intimidating/large Pokemon but still keep an elemental type variation, so if you suggest I make some changes that point could help me out more.

Sorry for a long post but I'd really like to beat Red this time around, and I never did that on the original G/S because I didn't have that much time to train. Thanks!
~Akkodiak
Old 07-14-2010, 07:22 PM
Roze Offline

Default Re: Some Advice on my team? (SoulSilver)

For Nidoking I would say:

Poison Jab[Nidorino learns at 43](80att/100Acc) or Sludge Bomb(90Att/100Acc)
Earth Power[Kidoking learns at 43](Lowers S.Def. 90Att/100Acc) or EarthQuake(100Att/100Acc)

If you want both Poison Jab and Earth Power you must evovle exactly at 43.

I know this may not be helpful, but he can learn the egg move Suckpunch(Dark 80att/100Acc) from a move tutor to help against the psychic that are supereffective against him.
Or as an egg move from rattata which learns it at 19.

There is also Shadowball(Ghost 80att/100acc) as a TM.

Surf would be good against ground type which are his other supereffective foe.
And Facade(normal 70att/100acc) is a powerful move which get stronger if burn/paralyzed/poisoned.
Or Thrash(90att/100acc) which Nidoking learns at 23, you could get it with heartscale.
Or Thunder(120att/70acc) for fun.

So imo...

Poison Jab
Earth Power
SuckerPunch/ShadowBall
Surf/Facade/Thrash/Thunder

Level 100 @ 1320
[VPP] - [URPG]