Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Old 11-25-2009, 12:31 AM
SuperBoy Offline

Send a message via AIM to SuperBoy
Default Re: Mixed Groups/Clubs Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
I like your way of thinking, but Team RP VII has been written up and is completely done. And truthfully, it took me quite some time, and I really don't want to lose that hard work. I'm simply waiting for the parody war to end, and I don't want to release it at the same time as the parody war because that causes one or the other to usually get thrown on the back burner and go inactive. However, if Mikey insists on starting the parody war as late as he's considering, then there probably will be an overlap. I don't want to wait until mid January to get this going, he's had plenty of time where absolutely nothing went on.

A question I had was how would the Universal RP differ from a normal typical RP? I get the idea that you're trying to avoid having teams and alliances already existing, but this idea of your 2012 end of the world setting just seems like any other RP. From what I'm guessing, you're keeping the continuity, but that's actually a bit hard if the RP never finishes completely, which happens very rarely.

Could you maybe give us an example of how this would work?
Ah, well that's okay. It's perfectly understandable, and as I said, I wouldn't want this idea to at all scratch up the annual process of the Team RP in anyway. I just thought that it would be nice if there was a connection, but in order for that to work I'd have to consult with you, or whoever creates the Team RP earlier.

Well, I know this may seem a little far-fetched, but what if we have it to where we don't have it annual at all? I know I proposed to have it annual in the first place, but how about an RP for legacy instead? The continuity can go on for as long as it needs to go on, and over time it will become massive. It's hard to explain, but do you see where I'm coming from?

For example, the RP is released in March. From there, it works until the apocalyptic date that we set, therefore people will have time to prepare for the apocalypse in whatever ways they can. Then, you have the actual even taking place and the RPers' skills will be put to the test to see if they can survive or not. If they do survive, then they have to deal with restarting society, and that will inevitably come with problems, such as the possibilities of wars and such. That creates an ongoing RP that people won't want to drop out of, hopefully. If they do, then the continuity idea is proved to not really work out, but you still get the satisfaction of a great RP in the end. However, if the idea does work, then the continuity will go on, perhaps even going on to the next year and the next year, and eventually people will begin to see the importance and massiveness of the RP and want to join in. It creates a lasting legacy.

A Generational RP, rather than a universal one. Hm.. Perhaps we could build on this and make it something possible.

Last edited by SuperBoy; 11-25-2009 at 02:30 AM.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:39 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

I see what you're getting at.

Truthfully, I think its a good idea and honestly, I would link it to its own kind of "Team RP." Usually, the Team RP is made to fit for the teams already in existence. Here, it would be more on the side of the RP making teams in this board, or at least that's what I'm thinking. So say in the RP, using your 2012 example, a band of RPers work together and create the New Patriots, so because of that, the team is created over here.

I can see it working, but it would definitely need a very deep and very enthralling storyline. And I wouldn't make it annual either. That's a long time, and a lot of people can come and go within a year's span. But you could have it where if the RP suddenly dies off, revive it again with a new thread, but when it comes to the storyline, fast forward in time a bit, covering what happened 50 or so years after the last RP's events. As long as you can weave it together on a continuous basis, you can keep it going as long as you like. I did this a few times with the Quista RP, and it definitely works. Meanwhile, the original RP that started with War Season 5 carried on to Team RP II, and then to Team RP V.

Old 11-25-2009, 02:53 AM
SuperBoy Offline

Yeah, that makes complete sense.

If it were to die off, fast-forwarding time would spark interest again and provide new opportunities, not forgetting to mention the possibility of reeling in even more RPers. But yeah, I'm liking the idea of having it as a separate type of Team RP, having teams sprout from the RP rather then having them created before the RP itself. Both will inevitably have teams, but in a different manner. I like how you put that.

The storyline is the most integral part of this whole idea. Not only does it need to be appealing, but it needs to be deep, strong, and stable enough to hold the interest of many and carry on for quite awhile. I believe it can happen, but it is certain that creating a story of this caliber calls for cooperation from creative minds if this idea is agreed upon and settled.

It can definitely work.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:07 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBoy View Post
Yeah, that makes complete sense.

If it were to die off, fast-forwarding time would spark interest again and provide new opportunities, not forgetting to mention the possibility of reeling in even more RPers. But yeah, I'm liking the idea of having it as a separate type of Team RP, having teams sprout from the RP rather then having them created before the RP itself. Both will inevitably have teams, but in a different manner. I like how you put that.

The storyline is the most integral part of this whole idea. Not only does it need to be appealing, but it needs to be deep, strong, and stable enough to hold the interest of many and carry on for quite awhile. I believe it can happen, but it is certain that creating a story of this caliber calls for cooperation from creative minds if this idea is agreed upon and settled.

It can definitely work.
Is that an invitation? XD

I'd like to help if you want it. I just need to know if you're thinking more along the lines of a Pokemon-related RP, or if you want to try something that doesn't use them for a change in pace. I could cook up some beginning ideas, someone else can play around with them and add a bunch of their own, and we could see what comes out of it and take it from there.

Old 07-12-2010, 06:36 AM
SuperBoy Offline

I know everyone is focus on WAR IX right now and all the teams are in the heat of the moment as they enter Week 3 with hopes of capturing even more points. Congrats to all participants, by the way. However, I'm just looking out for possible events that could possibly come to fruition after the WAR.

If you read the above posts and some of the posts on the last page, you'll notice that Neo and I were going into further detail about an idea I had regarding a new type of RP. Neo was generous enough to send me PMs involving his ideas, but my inactivity took the spotlight off of the possible outcome of this brand new idea. If you'd go back and read the posts regarding this idea and would like to help bring it to life, please post here with your username and/or send a PM telling me that you'd like to help. A team of dedicated members would improve the quality and success rate of the idea.

As I stated before, the idea has a strong possibility of being successful, but my inactivity abandoned it. Now that I'm back, I'd like to use this opportunity to revive this idea and look for the best future of RPing for the Pe2k community.

Last edited by SuperBoy; 07-12-2010 at 06:38 AM. Reason: Grammatical Errors