Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards

Art Boards Art boards for both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related art.

Old 06-26-2010, 11:36 PM
T3hAlejandro Offline

Default Re: Signature & Avatar Showcase

Hm, that looks nice, it's just that theres something that doesn't fit. I think it's the notes, or it's that Chatot is way to covered.

This is my first Photoshop one, I just got it now. I have Photoshop 7 -.-. Idk if you guys use that one. It's kind of confusing, GIMP was simpler to me, you could Undo everything.
Old 06-27-2010, 02:01 PM
Hakken Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Hakken Send a message via MSN to Hakken Send a message via Yahoo to Hakken

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3hAlejandro View Post
Idk if you guys use that one. It's kind of confusing, GIMP was simpler to me, you could Undo everything.
You can undo things in Photoshop 7. Click edit > undo, or double-click an earlier step in the history to go back to that step. You can also go forward and therefore undo the undo until you do something else. (If you can't find history--it's a tab in the actions palette. If you can't find that, press F9 to toggle it on and off.) Anyway, it looks like that font was meant to be used with the "none" setting, the fuzziness is distracting, but I like your choice of font nonetheless. There seems to be some random noise on the left of the render, and the C4D looks choppy. The render also looks pasted on and it doesn't flow with the tag. Both things could use more effects. Conversely, the focal is clear, and the placement is alright. However, I would suggest looking up something called the rule of thirds to help make your placement appealing.

I know it's kind of big. I have a smaller version (several actually), but this is more detailed, so I figured it was better for crit. Be harsh, I don't mind :D I want to improve and I'm kind of at a standstill.

Last edited by Hakken; 06-27-2010 at 02:10 PM.
Old 06-27-2010, 02:11 PM
PureGoober Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3hAlejandro View Post
Hm, that looks nice, it's just that theres something that doesn't fit. I think it's the notes, or it's that Chatot is way to covered.

This is my first Photoshop one, I just got it now. I have Photoshop 7 -.-. Idk if you guys use that one. It's kind of confusing, GIMP was simpler to me, you could Undo everything.
I like the banner.
Has a nice flow to it.
To my taste, I would like it a little brighter.

Here is a new set for you guys.

BestBuds! :) <3

Old 06-27-2010, 02:24 PM
Dark Moonlight Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureGoober View Post
I like the banner.
Has a nice flow to it.

There's too much lighting in the middle. Spread the lighting around a little bit more.

Spoiler:
Old 06-27-2010, 02:28 PM
PureGoober Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Moonlight View Post
There's too much lighting in the middle. Spread the lighting around a little bit more.
I like all the lighting in the middle, but, okay. I will.

BestBuds! :) <3

Old 06-27-2010, 03:54 PM
Dark Moonlight Offline

Quote:
I like all the lighting in the middle, but, okay. I will.
It's just advice because people's eyes are attracted to Lugia's belly.

Spoiler:
Old 06-27-2010, 05:59 PM
T3hAlejandro Offline

[QUOTE=Hakken;3137400][INDENT][SIZE="1"]You can undo things in Photoshop 7. Click edit > undo, or double-click an earlier step in the history to go back to that step. You can also go forward and therefore undo the undo until you do something else. (If you can't find history--it's a tab in the actions palette. If you can't find that, press F9 to toggle it on and off.) Anyway, it looks like that font was meant to be used with the "none" setting, the fuzziness is distracting, but I like your choice of font nonetheless. There seems to be some random noise on the left of the render, and the C4D looks choppy. The render also looks pasted on and it doesn't flow with the tag. Both things could use more effects. Conversely, the focal is clear, and the placement is alright. However, I would suggest looking up something called the rule of thirds to help make your placement appealing.

Thanks for the advice.

Quote:
I like the banner.
Has a nice flow to it.

Thanks for the compliment.

I like yours, I love Lugia's face, and the little galaxy in the back.

Thats a new one, I played around with some effects.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:28 PM
Dark Moonlight Offline

[QUOTE=T3hAlejandro;3137490]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakken View Post
[INDENT][SIZE="1"]You can undo things in Photoshop 7. Click edit > undo, or double-click an earlier step in the history to go back to that step. You can also go forward and therefore undo the undo until you do something else. (If you can't find history--it's a tab in the actions palette. If you can't find that, press F9 to toggle it on and off.) Anyway, it looks like that font was meant to be used with the "none" setting, the fuzziness is distracting, but I like your choice of font nonetheless. There seems to be some random noise on the left of the render, and the C4D looks choppy. The render also looks pasted on and it doesn't flow with the tag. Both things could use more effects. Conversely, the focal is clear, and the placement is alright. However, I would suggest looking up something called the rule of thirds to help make your placement appealing.

Thanks for the advice.

Thanks for the compliment.

I like yours, I love Lugia's face, and the little galaxy in the back.

Thats a new one, I played around with some effects.
No offence, but that looks really bad. The stripes are ugly, and the top left hand corner should have something in it.

Spoiler:
Old 06-27-2010, 06:42 PM
Anastasia-R Offline
Time Gear Thief

Send a message via MSN to Anastasia-R Send a message via Skype™ to Anastasia-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Moonlight View Post
No offence, but that looks really bad. The stripes are ugly, and the top left hand corner should have something in it.
And, that helps, how? If you think someone's work can be better, then give some suggestions. And, not all of the banner needs to be filled with effects, you know. It gets too busy. D=

Quote:
I disagree with Dark Moonlight, I think the stripes are a nice effect. I mean, DM has her views on your work, I just think the effects were nice. However, it covers up the render. ^..^;; I think you should maybe erase some of the stripes off the render, or lower the opacity of the layer where the stripes are located. The stripes sorta gives a flow to the banner. I love the background. <3 I the text could have been better. I think you should use another type of font. =o
I really love the effects you used. ^..^ Very nice work.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:45 PM
Mawile-Danmaku Offline

@Pure Goober: The effect of this one is nice, and I like that you left some black in the corners for the text.

@T3hAlejandro: Very nice. I like how the two different renders have the same style. The banner, overall, somehow gives the effect of the two Zorua training for battle in a wharehouse, and the bright patches of light on the left is sunlight streaming through the windows.
However, the patches stand out from the rest of the image. Maybe you could put more of those lines (faint ones) over the windows.

Two new banners, one embodying the element of Nature, the other, the element of Ice (both from my stories).
Old 07-02-2010, 12:44 AM
NikoBelic999 Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to NikoBelic999

(1st)Eh. The Text needs to be places on another place, that would look incredibly better. It looks so plain, you might can use some more colors, different fonts, or a border. Need to work on that.

(2nd) Internetz failing. Can't see it.

I don't normally use CD4's, just grunge. So lay off of me.
Old 07-04-2010, 01:01 AM
Mawile-Danmaku Offline

I don't think that bright yellow stuff really goes with the heavy metal theme...

In other news, my favourite anime is Keroro Gunsou. And my favourite Keronian is...

Pu-tapu-tapu-tapu-tah! Putata, the crazy artist. This is my very first non-Pokémon banner. Side note #1: it's supposed to look messy.
Side note #2: the text in the background is "Yeah, yeah, yeah!" and "Yo, yo, yo!", which is what Putata says in episode #161 (part 1).
Old 07-05-2010, 10:19 PM
TheDarkEevee Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mawile_rocks View Post
I don't think that bright yellow stuff really goes with the heavy metal theme...

In other news, my favourite anime is Keroro Gunsou. And my favourite Keronian is...

Pu-tapu-tapu-tapu-tah! Putata, the crazy artist. This is my very first non-Pokémon banner. Side note #1: it's supposed to look messy.
Side note #2: the text in the background is "Yeah, yeah, yeah!" and "Yo, yo, yo!", which is what Putata says in episode #161 (part 1).
Gah! *covers eyes* So... much... movement... Lol.

I understand making a messy signature. But there is a line that, once crossed, makes the appearance of the sig take a nosedive. I would say to tone down the total action of the signature down quite a bit. Also, the render seems a little... fuzzy. Perhaps try sharpening it. However, the placement of the render is good.

Well, I've had my signature for a while, but I'll always take more comments. Or criticism. Or anything about it, for that matter. Lol.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:33 PM
Retro-Smasher Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Dark: I really like the banner, the use of nice little add ons makes it so cool and the colors and stuff are all great. Are there any CD4's in there?

Hey, this is my first banner, and I have no idea how to use gimp for banners, so this might be bad but go easy on it k?

Those are my renders btw.

Thanks Mw!
Smashing Stats

Last edited by Retro-Smasher; 07-06-2010 at 01:15 AM.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:38 PM
Anastasia-R Offline
Time Gear Thief

Send a message via MSN to Anastasia-R Send a message via Skype™ to Anastasia-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Smasher View Post
Hey, this is my first banner, and I have no idea how to use gimp for banners, so this might be bad but go easy on it k?

Those are my renders btw.
Oh, hey, I bet lots of people would love comment, but you really need comment someone's else work who posted before you. ;O If you don't, we can skip your post.