Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 05-16-2010, 05:51 AM
Sight of the Stars Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sight of the Stars Send a message via Skype™ to Sight of the Stars
Default A Single Flake (PG-13)

~Author's Note
This is based off of the comic I am drawing. First person fits the story much more, I believe. Thank you, and please continue reading.

A Single Flake
Chapter 1

I looked up at the sky as a single snowflake fell from the ground, gliding and dancing on the soft breeze, fluttering down to perch on the tip of my nose. I shivered, my white fur rippling. I looked towards the sleeping form of my mother, at her chocolate-brown coat and the white on her paws, underbelly, and face. She slept soundly, her back rising and falling steadily as more snow came, slowly dusting and building up on her fur.

I glowed with pride as I watched my mother sleep. I climbed up onto a boulder and lay down to keep watch, my eyes sweeping the trees that were pressed close to us. The white, cold dusting snow that fell covering my fur. I shook it off, my eyelids heavy with fatigue. I was beginning to regret urging my mother to keep sleeping, but was detmined to stay awake. I lapped up some snow to jolt me awake as the cold substance melted in my mouth and chilled my gums. The snow had stopped falling, finally, and all was calm and dark.

I examined the trees. The bark had either been stripped off or had fallen to the ground during this hard winter. I shuddered, hating the stench of humans that lay in this forest. I shifted, biting my lower lip as I thought of my siblings, my father, my pack... My eyes drooped and water came to my eyes, only to freeze into tiny piece of hail made of teardrops... The shadows fell in around me and then swept over my vision... Sleep came.

I was unsure how long I slept, but I awoke to the sound of the crunch of snow under heavy feet. I leapt to my paws, a snarl ripping from my massive, powerful chest as my blue-eyed gaze was set upon a human dress in dark brown jacket, the edges of the arms and hood rimmed with white fur. I tensed as I saw the double-barrel gun that he aimed as he came through the undergrowth. Rage pulsed through me as the gun's barrel swung towards me.

Then, as if seeing easier game, the hunter swung his gun to the sleeping form in the snow.

"Mother!" I cried, but all too late. My cries were almost drowned out by the blast of the shotgun. My mother rose just as the hunter fired. I could do nothing but watch as the bullet flew towards her faster than my eye could track, passing through her heart before exiting out of her back. A spray of blood splattered onto the snow, steaming, as my mother fell to the ground. The hunter swung his gun towards me as I stared in shock at the she-wolf's fallen form.The snow stopped falling.

The man, his pale face hidden in shadow, pulled his gun down, then turned and walked away.

Not even the snow could have created such a chill that had gripped my body as I had stumbled forward to the unmoving form of my final living family member. I whimpered, hoping that she would open her eyes, hoping that I would see her chest gently expanding and contracting, but her form was deadly still. I sniffed her, burying my nose in her fur as I tried to pick up some scent of life. Ice seemed to pulse through my veins. She was gone. I pushed myself under her front paw and back leg. I wanted to rest beside her once more.

I wanted to feel her warmth for one last time.

Akita's body was still warm as I buried my face in her bloody chest fur, breathing in her dull but familiar scent. I cried myself to sleep, my rest fitful, for my dreams were nightmares.

I opened my eyes. I immediately panicked as I saw nothing but white around me. I jumped up, and to my relief I had just been covered in snow. I nuzzled my mother's body, grief pulsing through my veins as my nose picked up the strong, putrid scent of blood and my nose brushed against her once-soft fur, now stiff with ice. Snowflakes still danced from the sky. How could they go on falling, in such a joyous dance, when they caused so much grief in our world? How could they land so lightly when their very existences should be heavy with guilt? I snarled and snapped up a snowflake in my mouth out of rage and sadness.

My ears shot up as I heard the steady crunch of large, human feet moving noisily through the snow. The scent of the human from last night flooded my nose and screamed in my brain, telling me to run. I licked my mother's cheek once more before dashing into the undergrowth. I peered out from the matted, bare branches of the thicket. The snow, now heavy, covered my pawprints and began to bury my mother's body, though the dark stain of red blood could still be seen through the layer of the ghostly-white subtance. The human crashed through the trees, weilding his gun. He went to where my mother's body lay, and tightened his black gloves. I realized in horror that he was going to retrieve my mother's body as he scooped away the snow and hauled her long-cold form onto his shoulders.

I kept the beginnings of a snarl inside of me. When he disappeared, I ran, knowing that whether I liked it or not, I had to move on. I clenched my eyes shut as I dashed out of the forest and beside a road, my white coat blending with the snow as I tried to get over the crushing death of my mother. I realized that I wouldn't get over it until I had avenged the death of that loyal, strong wolf that had been so dear to me.

I followed the road until it turned around a steep hill that ended with a cliff and headed down a slope created by the humans. I trekked up the slope.I straightened my hunched form as I looked out from the cliff. My blue eyes narrowed deeply into a glare made of nothing but burning hatred as I looked down upon the bustling, human city in the distance. My muzzle lifted into the air as I let out a long, sorrowful, howl.

I will have my revenge.
[12:38:59 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH"
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."
Old 06-07-2010, 09:56 PM
Sight of the Stars Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sight of the Stars Send a message via Skype™ to Sight of the Stars
Default Re: A Single Flake (PG-13)

Any feedback? Anyone? This has been viewed at least 140+ times yet no one has feedback? :(
[12:38:59 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH"
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."

Last edited by Sight of the Stars; 07-22-2010 at 02:57 AM.