Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:14 AM
kitkatt Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default ||The Betrayal|| [RP]

PLOT

The Year:3070

Humans have been wiped off the face of the Earth sooner than anyone could have ever imagined. The Pokemon left behind squabbled continuously, until a solution was found and the regions were ruled peacefully for many generations. Until just a few years back.
The Zangoose were unhappy. Their species had never had a chance to govern any land, and the other Pokemon treated them like scum. So, one day they took action. Outraged at the crowning of a Seviper as Hoeen's new leader, they gathered in their masses, killing any Sevipers they found. They wiped out their rivals for good, and settled quickly into their new place as rulers of the land.
But there was a problem.
The subjects of the rebels were discontented, and there were even a few revolts that were quickly extinguished. But, fearing more uprisings, the Zangoose leader, Rakin the Merciless, introduced a new idea to keep his subjects on their toes. The Betrayal.

BASICS

The Betrayal is a roleplay that is based on The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. It is the time of the Betrayal again, and to celebrate the uprising of the Zangoose, the king puts on a show set in four arenas: Forest, Water, Mountain, and Desert. The aim of the event is four different species of Pokemon are placed inside the arena. Their goal is to be the last one surviving, and secure the safety of their species for another year. Lose, and your race is ruthlessy decimated (i.e only a tenth of them get to survive.) A cause of this is many of the Pokemon species are endangered, and several extinct...or so the Zangoose think.
As a roleplayer of this plot, you have two choices of character: Zangoose or contestant. Will your contestant survive the Games to live another day? Or will they perish in the fight for survival? Will your Zangoose ally with the King in the reign of depression and fear? Or will he spark an uprising to defeat the forces of evil? There's only one way to find out...

Sign-up thread is here

Anil-Pikachu

Refuge Forest

Somewhere in Hoeen...

A flash of yellow disturbs the corner of your eye. As you turn, you catch sight of a small, mouse-like Pokemon sleeping on the high branch of a tree; a rare sight these days, Pikachu. You stand, captivated by the almost extinct Pokemon, until he turns and you see the angry glint in his eyes. 'What are you doing here?' he growls. You protest your threat, studying the bandana tied around his neck furtively, wondering why such a rare Pokemon would wear something so conspicuos. At least, you do untill he sends a bolt of electricity straight at your face, hotter than the heart of a star...

Anil was woken from his glorius dream by a prod in the face, hot, stinking breath on his face, and a growled, 'Wake up, Slowpoke.'
He opened his eyes to stare angrily into the face of a scarred, grisly Raichu: the leader of his kind, Corith. The leader was furious, sparks crackling off the small, yellow pads on his cheeks.
'But Slowpokes are extinct!' Anil protested angrily, annoyed at being woken from his slumber.
'And you will be, if you don't get some food for all of us! We're all hungry!'
Anil flinched at the scathing comment. He had forgotten how the Clan depended on their youngest, able Pikachu for food. 'Sure, Corith, your Royal Highness..' he muttered, tugging his imaginary forelock as he backed out of the camp with bandana basically brushing the floor, and raced down to the market-place outside the forest, claws itching to grab some delicious food for his camp.
Getting to the marketplace, he surveyed the poorly adorned stalls, considering his choices for today. Some berries, perhaps? He steathily crept up to the stall behind the underfed shopkeeper who was twitching nervously as he waited for the theives to appear. Anil's nose twitched hungrily at the smell of those mouth-watering juicy fruits...surely five would be enough to feed the leader and most of the elders? He wouldn'd be able to snatch anymore without being noticed by the sleepy Zangoose blinking drowsily to keep himself awake after his 24-hour shift on the market watch.

Last edited by kitkatt; 05-03-2010 at 10:21 AM.
Old 05-04-2010, 04:49 AM
Madge Offline

Send a message via AIM to Madge Send a message via MSN to Madge
Default Re: ||The Betrayal|| [RP]

Anslandi
Umbreon
Forest

*Rustle* *Sniff* *Rustle*

Dark, blood red eyes inspected the hungry, bandanna clad Pikachu preparing too steal berries from under the nose of a sleepy Zangoose guarding his poorly crafted stall. It'd been a good few hours since the hungry Umbreon had last consumed some food, and his stomach was telling him it was now time too eat. Carefully, Anslandi positioned himself behind the Pikachu, shrouded in the dark shadows cast down over the stall by the glorious trees of the forest. Any minute now, that Pikachu was going to grab some berries and make a run for it. The Zangoose would be powerless to stop him; lack of sleep, more than anything. Add that to the fact that Pikachu's are incredibly fast, and the Zangoose stood very little chance of getting his berries back. The Pikachu clan was going to be eating berries tonight; unless Anslandi got them first.

The brave Pikachu was slowly creeping forward towards the berries, hanging nicely over the edge of the shabby wooden stall. It'd be effortless to simply grab them and run; Anslandi didn't see what was taking this yellow rat so long. If it was he who was going after the berries, they'd be gone and eaten by now. But that wasn't the case, as Anslandi hadn't gone for a good run in days, and was eager to have a little competition. Toying with the idea of closing his eyes for a few seconds, the Umbreon's peripheral vision picked up the Pikachu grabbing the berries, and slowly backing away into the shade. Edging closer to the route the Pikachu was going to take, Anslandi watched carefully as the Pikachu turned around, slowly creeping away from the unknowing Zangoose "guarding" the stall. After what seemed like an eternity, the Pikachu finally began to pick up some speed, before darting right past Anslandi heading back towards the thick of the forest.

Let the chase begin.

HeartGold FC: 5070-7279-3670
Old 05-04-2010, 06:57 PM
kitkatt Offline
Experienced Trainer

Green flashed past, blending in with the dusty brown of the forest floor as Anil raced past, laughing with out-of-breath gasps at the shop-keepers fading threats. He could do nothing now, who could ever catch him? Time to go back to his clan,and be welcomed with cries of 'Nice one, Anil!' and 'Not bad for a young 'un.' He could feel his heart swelling in pride as he sauntered back with his catch. Maybe even Corith would be proud...

Then, he stopped.

It was very sudden. Even he did not know why he did it. Perhaps the whisper of fate in his ear displaced his normal cocky swagger.

Something was watching him.

He could sense it, almost feel the gaze of unwelcome eyes on his back. The eyes of a hunter. What else could it be? He tensed, then sprinted flat-out, as fast as he could. The wind whipped his coat and stung his eyes. This run was not for fun, or mockery.

This was for survival.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:03 PM
Madge Offline

Send a message via AIM to Madge Send a message via MSN to Madge

Anslandi
Umbreon
Thick of the Forest
He watched as the now-aware Pikachu stopped running, glancing around himself for any unfriendly interference. He watched as the Pikachu sniffed the ground around him, trying to pick up the scent of any Pokémon that may pose a threat to him and his clan. And he watched as the Pikachu sprinted away as fast as he could. What an eventful day this would turn out to be, after all.

Anslandi jumped up, high into the trees, landing perfectly on a branch. Jumping efortlessly from branch to branch, he was side-by-side with the frightened Pikachu within minutes. Biding his time, Anslandi pushed just infront of the Pikachu before leaping down onto the dirt trail, stopping the Pikachu dead in his tracks. A look of horror spread across the Pikachu's face as infront of him stood a jet black Umbreon with menacing, blood red eyes. The Pikachu was trembling now, as Anslandi, ever so slowly, began to walk towards him. The dark red rings around his body were glowing now, forcing the Pikachu into an even greater state of fear. As Anslandi was about to rip the berries from the mouth of the little rat, his eyes focused on a stocky, red and white Pokémon running up behind them. Anslandi recognized a Zangoose from miles away. Jumping infront of the Pikachu, Anslandi opened his mouth wide, conjuring up all the dark energy inside of him and propelling it at the Zangoose in the form of a Shadow Ball. The Shadow Ball hit, sending the Zangoose flying onto his back. Anslandi turned to the Pikachu and cocked his head at the Zangoose.

"Do you wish to help me, Electric Rat?"

HeartGold FC: 5070-7279-3670
Old 05-05-2010, 03:56 PM
kitkatt Offline
Experienced Trainer

'Call me a rat again, and i'll shock your face off.' muttered Anil, then let rip with a wave of electricity that made the air shimmer and crackle. The Zangoose jerked horribly, and was still.

'Well, that's th-' Anil broke off at a bout of snapping and cracckling from the woods. He turned to run once more, but found he was blocked by a line of advancing Zangoose. Staring about him wildly in confusion and anger, he realised the Zangoose that was now lying, twitching on the ground, was bait. And this was the trap. He tensed, sparking electricity from his cheeks, but his first attack had tired him out. It was futile.

'Well...well...well. Look what we 'ave 'ere, boys.' A grizzled Zangoose stepped out of the clearing, swaggering in the distinctive way of someon who thinks they are better than the others. The other Zangoose tittered, but he silenced them with a look. 'Two Magikarp in the net.' He smiled, the scars on his face stretching horribly.

'What? What are you going to do to me?' growled Anil.

'You weren't so keen to separate yourself from this fella a moment ago!' one of the Zangoose sneered from the circle.

'Yeah, well, I don't make alliances.' the Pikachu muttered, regaining a little of his cocky saunter. ' Now, if you would be so kind, tell me what you flea-bags are going to do with me. Now!'

'You'll regret that remark later.' the Zangoose leader said dangerously.

Please. Not what i'm thinking. Anything but that!

The Zangoose's face lit up with savage joy as he uttered the words that would send Anil' life into chaos.

'Hello, newest participants for The Betrayal!' he said, taking pleasure in the moment as Anil's face blanced. The Betrayal!

As on a signal, the Zangoose began to close in. Anil snarled as one of them grabbed his tail, and sent off a little shock-wave so his tormenter snatched back his paw, cursing. He sent a weak bolt of electricity at another Zangoose, but it wavered off course, and soon he was struggling weakly in an armlock of a particularly strong opponent.

He looked around, to see if the Umbreon had had any more sucess in his escape.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:16 PM
Ken Offline
Elite Trainer

Zoro-Zoroark
Refuge Forest

All of a sudden Zoro burst out of the trees, his long red mane waving in the wind, his mouth open to reveal two rows of large, sharp teeth. His turquoise eyes gleamed with the anticipation of a good fight. A bit of saliva dripped from his mouth, and his front paws were covered in the blood from a recent kill.

It was probably very stupid to jump into a fight of Zangoose after hunting. Zoro had just been ready to break open the flesh of the unfortunate Buneary he had come across. But all of a sudden some pokemon had come crashing through the forest, and a bunch of Zangoose had attacked them. The Zangoose were incredibly loud, and quite annoying.

Zoro hit the ground hard on his back legs. He stood up straight, his head down, and his arms dangling by his sides. "Who exactly..." He started, wiping the saliva from his mouth, "had the gall to..." He cracked his knuckles, "INTURRPT MY MEAL?" He roared in anger, jerking his head up and giving all the pokemon a look of pure rage. The Saliva had been succeesfully wiped from his mouth, but some of the blood that was all over his paw had rubbed onto his mouth. He growled, making the Zangoose jump a little.

"Hey look! Another contestant!" One of the Zangoose laughed. "Poaching is a serious crime, mister. The Betrayel is the best thing for you now. And what a coinsidence! You're a Zoroark!" Cried the Zangoose, chuckling. "How many of there are you now? 3? 2?" The Zangoose laughed even harder. Out from the shadows stepped another one. "I got this one, boss. He ain't gettin' away." The Zangoose said, grinning. Zoro frowned, but instantly his frown slid into a myschevious smile. "I'm sorry, mates!" He said, imitating the Zangoose's weird accent, "But I have to deny ya' of the privilage of capturin'... me for th' games." He annonciated the last word powerfully. He looked at the Pikachu and then at the Umbreon. "Not only that, but I have no problem with you guys dying either. I would've just killed ya' anyways." He said, continuing to mock the Zangoose's. Finally he turned his gaze back onto the Zangooses, and returned to his normal accent. "However, I'm afraid that I don't take kindly to having my meal inturrupted. I'm afraid I'll have to kill you now."

The Zangooses saw his face. He wasn't joking.

"Ahahaha! Kill us? Pu-lease. Don't even try, kid! Get 'im." Said the Boss, going from cheerful to serious in his last phrase. The free Zangoose ran at Zoro. "Your loss." Zoro shrugged. His claws became surrounded in a dark aura. "Darkness..." He lashed out with a vicious claw swipe, "CLAW!" The Zangoose hit the ground, blood spruting from a fresh wound. "'Ey! Tha' hurt, kid!" Creid teh Zangoose, standing up. "That's the point, mooooron." Zoro rolled his eyes. The Zangoose growled, and ran at Zoro. The two then got engaged in a fierce hand-to-hand fight. Just as it looked like Zoro would win, the Zangoose reached into his bag and pulled out a tranqualizer. "Sorry, kid. Ya' should've just stayed home." The Zangoose shook his head, got nailed by Zoro's claw, then stuck the tranqualizer in Zoro neck. "Wha? Ung..." Zoro groaned, falling into unconciousness.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:16 AM
kitkatt Offline
Experienced Trainer

Anil

Refuge Forest

Anil began to give up any hope of survival, when a Pokemon he didn't rcognise at all burst from the leafy interior of the forest, shouting -no, roaring- something about dinner. The Pikachu studied the already drying blood around his mouth; even his claws were encrusted in the gory remains. This guy looked pretty scary, and he knew it.
Then, the mystery Pokemon came fully into view, and Anil's mind clicked the picture into the right slot at last.
A Zoroark! Man, I thought they were extinct!
Then his insides clenched, and he felt like cursing when the Zangoose told the Zoroark he was a Betrayal contestant. The Zoroark was bigger, stronger and it had razor-sharp teeth and claws. Oh, and it would probably eat him the next time it saw him.
Anil didn't stand a chance.
Wearily, he watched his fellow contestant-to-be as he unleashed a deadly looking move that Anil hadn't seen before, before he was down, drugged by one of the Zangoose stooges.
He closed his own eyes, exhausted by his own struggles, and collapsed as a tranq dart pierced the skin just above his heart. in a few seconds, he was asleep.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:24 AM
frontierman Offline
New Trainer

Betrayal at Antara is a 'spiritual' sequel to Sierra's past hit Betrayal at Krondor. This basically means that while the story world and it's characters are entirely different, the game engine and it's play mechanics are the same, although slightly improved, since this is the second time around.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:37 AM
Carbon Drift Offline
Master Trainer

Plasma
Zangoose
Arena Keeper

In a room with a bunch of computers...

A Zangoose tapped away at a keyboard. His front was illuminated by the monitor in front of him. An Ailenware computer. It hummed with the standard computer noise, and a few bleeps here and there. After some typing, the tower went deedle-dee. The Zangoose slammed his fist on the keyboard, swearing a word that shouldn't be typed here. Unwittingly, he pulled up one of the micro-cams in the Forest Zone. It was a simple CCTV hookup. Nothing was happening. He checked everything else. Nothing.
Beep beep.
His tiny phone rang. It was the other Zangoose. Plasma flipped it open.
"Someone... [ksshhh]stole berries...[kssshhhh]..marketplace...[ksshhh]..need back...[kshhhhhh...silence...]"
Plasma flipped his phone closed. Someone calling for backup!? On his phone!? Darn! He went down to his Hovercraft and hopped in it, opening the garage door and setting all sirens to full, tranquilizers ready.

-At the Marketplace-
Plasma was directed to the way the thieves had went. Pressing a button for throttle, he sped into the Forest of Refuge for many.
This was gonna get nasty.

-At the scene-
The hovercraft neared the squad that went to hunt down the thief or theives. It was JUST the end of the battle, and he heard something very Zoroark-esque.
"Wha? Ung..." He was there just in time to see the rare Pokemon fall, a tranquilizer stuck just below his heart. Plasma switched on the speakerphone and spoke into it.
"WHAT THE H--- IS ALL THIS MADNESS FOR!? SOMEONE CALLING MY TECH OFFICE JUST 'CAUSE THEY NEEDED BACKUP!? WHO IN THE WORLD WOULD DO THAT!? Some Zangeese you are, boys. I ain't coming back just cause some thievery reported by the locals has to be done by me." And Plasma let the tranquilizer machine guns rip, out of fury, anger, and just for the heck of it. If it hit a Zangoose, who gave a ****. They could very easily be woken up by the antidote he developed. Yes, Plasma was the whiz in almost everything for doctrine and electronics. His command booth was a massive office, with one solitary Ailenware computer confiscated from the humans on a human desk. Security was tighter than a Arbok's Constrict around his zone.
Anyways, the darts were flying. He shut off the speakerphone and just let all h--- break loose.
His pay would probably be docked.

Last edited by Carbon Drift; 05-22-2010 at 02:58 AM.