Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Fourth Generation

Fourth Generation Discuss the fourth generation Pokemon games: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 09:43 AM
thunderskain Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Comments On HG/SS

So i've beaten the whole game and such. I was really impressed by the way the game has been re done in a different perspective but then it has plenty of flaws..

1. The gyms are too easy (I guess everyone feels this, the gym leaders can't be compared to those in Sinnoh or Hoenn)
2. The Gyms in Kanto are useless (in a sense that they are also way easy for champions of the elite four) The kanto gyms should be opened before the elite four, that'll be a great twist
3. The pokegear call function sucks.. rematch with gym leaders and other trainers are hard to arrange
4. The story line does not have a nice twist...
5. Team Rocket sucks as ever with only rather few battles

Ther's still plenty i could list but to respect the hard works by the developers i won't list them down. However , my favourite part of the game would be the GB sounds. An interesting aspect that is new to pokemon games
Old 05-08-2010, 12:34 PM
Neo Dratini Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Re: Comments On HG/SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderskain View Post
So i've beaten the whole game and such. I was really impressed by the way the game has been re done in a different perspective but then it has plenty of flaws..

1. The gyms are too easy (I guess everyone feels this, the gym leaders can't be compared to those in Sinnoh or Hoenn)
2. The Gyms in Kanto are useless (in a sense that they are also way easy for champions of the elite four) The kanto gyms should be opened before the elite four, that'll be a great twist
3. The pokegear call function sucks.. rematch with gym leaders and other trainers are hard to arrange
4. The story line does not have a nice twist...
5. Team Rocket sucks as ever with only rather few battles

Ther's still plenty i could list but to respect the hard works by the developers i won't list them down. However , my favourite part of the game would be the GB sounds. An interesting aspect that is new to pokemon games
the reason is that there are 16 gyms
Old 05-08-2010, 05:20 PM
Tasteless Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tasteless

The Gym issue was an issue in G/S/C too. I wish they'd have fixed it.. They did buff Falkner's Pokemon in this one, and the first few gyms seem to be appropriately leveled and such, but after that it just falls off.

I didn't overtrain or grind my Pokemon so they'd stay at about the same level or slightly lower than gym ones (and I only carry 4) and I found it to be much more fun, but I feel like I shouldn't have to "go easy" on a game.

This older thread I made a while ago (don't revive it or anything) had some ideas on how to make it harder and more fun, like playing with only one Pokemon type, etc.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...d.php?t=105061

Apparently 101% of all teenagers are homosexual. Who knew?

Last edited by Tasteless; 05-08-2010 at 05:24 PM.
Old 05-16-2010, 11:23 AM
Alonso Offline

Send a message via AIM to Alonso

WHAT!? The gyms were not easy. A lot of them had me on the ropes, on my last Pokemon, in difficult battles, against all odds situations.
Go to the Anime section

Old 05-16-2010, 11:38 AM
Dartz Offline

Send a message via AIM to Dartz Send a message via MSN to Dartz Send a message via Yahoo to Dartz

These games are good as it have all 493 pokemons and has a new and cool feature that the first pokemon in our party follows us wherever we go in game..... i like battle style ...
i like new movesets .. i like bag style that how our player rotates on each and every section
nice job nintendo & gamefreak 8 out of 10
Old 05-16-2010, 11:38 AM
Dartz Offline

Send a message via AIM to Dartz Send a message via MSN to Dartz Send a message via Yahoo to Dartz

These games are good as it have all 493 pokemons and has a new and cool feature that the first pokemon in our party follows us wherever we go in game..... i like battle style ...
i like new movesets .. i like bag style that how our player rotates on each and every section
Old 05-16-2010, 11:44 AM
Dartz Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartz View Post

Please Delete this post........ my mistake
Old 05-16-2010, 12:56 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

It was great, but the gyms were easy because there are 16 of them. Why would you open the Kanto gyms when you need 8 to get into the league. I do dislike the Pokegear on the grounds that it is annoying to have some puke call you constantly. I do not have much against the idea of it but spam calls are not my cup of tea. Also, Team Rocket... have you honestly played through the whole thing? I mean, you get swarmed with the R'd people!

I do completely agree with you on the story. It stank! It would have been cool if the story would have been similar to the Power of One movie. But, eh, that happened in the Orange Islands.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:24 AM
Alonso Offline

Send a message via AIM to Alonso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartz View Post
Please Delete this post........ my mistake
If you edit the posts you will see a "delete" button. you can delete them yourself.
Go to the Anime section

Old 05-18-2010, 02:48 AM
Zan Sabrefang Offline

Send a message via AIM to Zan Sabrefang

The only thing I disliked about SoulSilver was the lack of Dual Screen ability it had on Platinum/Pearl/Diamond. I quite liked having a map up on my screen while I was going between routes hunting the Run Away legendaries. Now you have to go in and out of your PokeNav to check the map...

PE2K League Stats

White FC: Miyo - 2236 6365 9321
Old 05-18-2010, 06:52 AM
Dartz Offline

Did anyone completed this game?
Old 05-18-2010, 07:06 AM
Masami Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Masami Send a message via MSN to Masami

I completed it a long time ago, the gyms were not too east. People overtrain, plus they can only use one type of pokemon...how do you expect them to be difficult when you're using STAB x2 or x4 on them?...
Old 05-18-2010, 09:04 AM

Another complaint I have is with the new Kanto gym models. They look nothing like the original. We all know what Brock and Misty look like... Waaahaaahaaat happened there!?
Old 05-18-2010, 06:09 PM
Altrius Offline

I like it y'know. Its fresh and exciting in my eyes. All the pokemon look badass and new graphics make me smile. Gym leaders were average in my eyes, and thats cause I overleveled a little bit.

But overall I like it. And the new kanto sprites? Look fine in my opinion, although, Misty COULD have been a little hotter :)
Old 05-18-2010, 06:58 PM

She was nice looking, but what happened to the old dew? And Brock looks like by older brother! AAAAAAAAH, I think the Nintendo Company is spying on my house, I know, I will run to Mexico... Aaaaw, wait, I am in Europe, damn...

I loved the new Pokemon Sprites! It was good to see Zapdos (a fav of mine) to get a slight face-lift. I also liked the wild Pokemon encounter remix for the Kanto Region!