Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards » Sprite Art

Sprite Art For both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related sprite art.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #76  
Old 05-10-2010, 03:10 PM
Blood_Flood's Avatar
Blood_Flood Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Banner and Avatar by Neo Pikachu
Posts: 624
Send a message via ICQ to Blood_Flood Send a message via AIM to Blood_Flood Send a message via MSN to Blood_Flood
Default Re: General Spriter's Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mawile_rocks View Post
Not only is it all black; but it's more than one pixel wide. Not only that, but there are no highlights on the body, and the highlights on the horn are all but noticable.
you know what... your right i didnt pay attention tot he outline at all xD
i was looking at the colors and shading
also do some dithering
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 05-10-2010, 10:24 PM
PureGoober's Avatar
PureGoober Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 757
Default Re: General Spriter's Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Flood View Post
you know what... your right i didnt pay attention tot he outline at all xD
i was looking at the colors and shading
also do some dithering
Okay, so..

Improvements needed:
Dithering
Colored Outline
Highlights

Anything else?
__________________


BestBuds! :) <3


Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 05-11-2010, 12:51 AM
Dentures's Avatar
Dentures Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 58
Send a message via Yahoo to Dentures
Default Re: General Spriter's Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureGoober View Post
A pixel over.
Haven't done any in a while.



I know the outline is all black.
Your sprite is nice, but it's lacking depth. Try adding more shades for a deeper, richer look.



Knoll Town, part of my region project that I'm working on. Knoll Town is a quiet, quaint town, home to two rivaling families; the Hong Family and The Kenji Family. The main character is an exchange student from Kanto who stays with the Hong family and befriends Lorna Kenji. When Lorna runs away, the main character chases after her throughout the game. Along the way, the main character must battle Lorna's brother, Scott, who believes the main character is the reason for Lorna's disappearance. Meanwhile, the Hong and Kenji family are constantly fighting, making them the antagonists of the game. The Hongs and Kenjis are constantly fighting in every city and every town, and are causing destruction throughout the region. Windzor Hong is the leader of the Hong Family and Tsura and Daichi Kenji are the leaders of the Kenji Family.

Plot's coming along ok. Still needs some tweaking. Anyone spot the reference?

Route 801, connects Knoll Town to Tinsel Town. Lorna walks you over to Tinsel Town, since she has Pokemon and you don't.

Tinsel Town, home of Professor Linden, the Pokemon Genious. He gives you your starter Pokemon and asks you to solve the quarrel between the two rivaling families. Then, he takes you on a walk through Route 802, showing you the ropes of battling, catching, etc.

Comments and criticism are incredibly useful. :)
__________________
Currently: Reading Wuthering Heights - Indigo Plateau

Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 05-11-2010, 02:56 AM
Retro-Smasher's Avatar
Retro-Smasher Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Portside, lower deck, in a hammock!
Posts: 1,479
Default Re: General Spriter's Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dentures View Post
Your sprite is nice, but it's lacking depth. Try adding more shades for a deeper, richer look.



Knoll Town, part of my region project that I'm working on. Knoll Town is a quiet, quaint town, home to two rivaling families; the Hong Family and The Kenji Family. The main character is an exchange student from Kanto who stays with the Hong family and befriends Lorna Kenji. When Lorna runs away, the main character chases after her throughout the game. Along the way, the main character must battle Lorna's brother, Scott, who believes the main character is the reason for Lorna's disappearance. Meanwhile, the Hong and Kenji family are constantly fighting, making them the antagonists of the game. The Hongs and Kenjis are constantly fighting in every city and every town, and are causing destruction throughout the region. Windzor Hong is the leader of the Hong Family and Tsura and Daichi Kenji are the leaders of the Kenji Family.

Plot's coming along ok. Still needs some tweaking. Anyone spot the reference?

Route 801, connects Knoll Town to Tinsel Town. Lorna walks you over to Tinsel Town, since she has Pokemon and you don't.

Tinsel Town, home of Professor Linden, the Pokemon Genious. He gives you your starter Pokemon and asks you to solve the quarrel between the two rivaling families. Then, he takes you on a walk through Route 802, showing you the ropes of battling, catching, etc.

Comments and criticism are incredibly useful. :)
Nice overall, but one problem. You should change the Professor's name to a tree. All the professor's names were trees, and I feel you should continue it to create a genuine hint to it.

~RS
__________________

Thanks Mw!
Smashing Stats
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 05-11-2010, 03:00 AM
Operative's Avatar
Operative Offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 5,862
Send a message via MSN to Operative Send a message via Skype™ to Operative
Default Re: General Spriter's Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Smasher View Post
Nice overall, but one problem. You should change the Professor's name to a tree. All the professor's names were trees, and I feel you should continue it to create a genuine hint to it.

~RS
Link. <--- Tilia/Linden Tree
__________________

|thedynamicduo|
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 05-11-2010, 03:44 AM
Retro-Smasher's Avatar
Retro-Smasher Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Portside, lower deck, in a hammock!
Posts: 1,479
Default Re: General Spriter's Showcase

Oh lol, sorry, I guess I was just being stupid. Sorry xD
I actually knew that tree existed I was just being ignorant as I said.

~RS
__________________

Thanks Mw!
Smashing Stats
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 05-11-2010, 09:25 PM
Ninaiso's Avatar
Ninaiso Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: In your BRAIN :o
Posts: 360
Default Re: General Spriter's Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninaiso View Post
Everyones sprites look really awesome!
Here is a few of mine~ I'm still fairly new (only been spriting for about 5 weeks on and off) so go easy on me. ^^;

Revamps
Fusions

Retype
Re quoting for more C&CC~

BTW I adore those town maps Dent! <3 Reminds me of my home way out here in the woods. XD
__________________

Credit to Seq for Avatar, Flacario, and shiny baby Gyartic.

Credit to DaSpriter for Dracario, Eevolu's, and Luceon's.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 05-11-2010, 10:47 PM
Dentures's Avatar
Dentures Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 58
Send a message via Yahoo to Dentures
Default Re: General Spriter's Showcase

Your Glaceon devamp is phenomenal. :O Good job.

Just asking, has the ever BEEN a successful region project here? It doesn't look like it to me. :/ Because I suck at scratching stuff, but I'm good with concept art and maps. It worries me how region projects always fail here.
__________________
Currently: Reading Wuthering Heights - Indigo Plateau

Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 05-11-2010, 11:32 PM
PureGoober's Avatar
PureGoober Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 757
Default Re: General Spriter's Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dentures View Post
Your Glaceon devamp is phenomenal. :O Good job.

Just asking, has the ever BEEN a successful region project here? It doesn't look like it to me. :/ Because I suck at scratching stuff, but I'm good with concept art and maps. It worries me how region projects always fail here.
Yes, i'm with you.
I don't reme,ber ever seeing a successful one.
I can't scrath but I can do concept art and Maps.
__________________


BestBuds! :) <3


Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 05-12-2010, 02:31 AM
Ninaiso's Avatar
Ninaiso Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: In your BRAIN :o
Posts: 360
Default Re: General Spriter's Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dentures View Post
Your Glaceon devamp is phenomenal. :O Good job.

Just asking, has the ever BEEN a successful region project here? It doesn't look like it to me. :/ Because I suck at scratching stuff, but I'm good with concept art and maps. It worries me how region projects always fail here.
Aw thank you so so much!

I don't think a region project was successful, no one's ever went through with one.
__________________

Credit to Seq for Avatar, Flacario, and shiny baby Gyartic.

Credit to DaSpriter for Dracario, Eevolu's, and Luceon's.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 05-12-2010, 04:29 AM
QuestionablyRoyal's Avatar
QuestionablyRoyal Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Just south of Somewhere.
Posts: 350
Send a message via AIM to QuestionablyRoyal
Default Re: General Spriter's Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninaiso View Post
Re quoting for more C&CC~

BTW I adore those town maps Dent! <3 Reminds me of my home way out here in the woods. XD
Epic R/B/Y Glacion devamp! The Haunter/ Drifblim sprite seems lacking somehow though '~'
__________________

Groovy!

Last edited by QuestionablyRoyal; 05-12-2010 at 04:32 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 05-12-2010, 04:55 AM
Ninaiso's Avatar
Ninaiso Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: In your BRAIN :o
Posts: 360
Default Re: General Spriter's Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuestionablyRoyal View Post
Epic R/B/Y Glacion devamp! The Haunter/ Drifblim sprite seems lacking somehow though '~'
Thanks so much! <3
Everyone adores the R/B/Y Glaceon. >w<
__________________

Credit to Seq for Avatar, Flacario, and shiny baby Gyartic.

Credit to DaSpriter for Dracario, Eevolu's, and Luceon's.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 05-12-2010, 12:54 PM
Dentures's Avatar
Dentures Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 58
Send a message via Yahoo to Dentures
Default Re: General Spriter's Showcase

I mean, I can make outlines. But shading I can't do. :P

I'm going to try to make a successful region project once I get half of my region maps done. It seems to me that most of the projects that fail start out with nothing. I plan on having an ideas period so I can collect the thoughts of the people, then having everyone work together to make the Pokemon and sprites. Komora is a dense forest region with a desert to the northwest and a glacier to the southeast.
__________________
Currently: Reading Wuthering Heights - Indigo Plateau

Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 05-12-2010, 06:00 PM
QuestionablyRoyal's Avatar
QuestionablyRoyal Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Just south of Somewhere.
Posts: 350
Send a message via AIM to QuestionablyRoyal
Default Re: General Spriter's Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dentures View Post
I mean, I can make outlines. But shading I can't do. :P

I'm going to try to make a successful region project once I get half of my region maps done. It seems to me that most of the projects that fail start out with nothing. I plan on having an ideas period so I can collect the thoughts of the people, then having everyone work together to make the Pokemon and sprites. Komora is a dense forest region with a desert to the northwest and a glacier to the southeast.
I'm a good shader but fail at design and pose. The best scratch I have made so far is this:
__________________

Groovy!
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 05-13-2010, 02:08 AM
Blood_Flood's Avatar
Blood_Flood Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Banner and Avatar by Neo Pikachu
Posts: 624
Send a message via ICQ to Blood_Flood Send a message via AIM to Blood_Flood Send a message via MSN to Blood_Flood
Default Re: General Spriter's Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuestionablyRoyal View Post
I'm a good shader but fail at design and pose. The best scratch I have made so far is this:
looks good, i dont usually like to give C+CC on scartches because its something i cant do like at all LOL
but it looks pretty good, i would put a little dithering in the places you can just to blend the colors but thats just me.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com