Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards

Art Boards Art boards for both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related art.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-02-2010, 02:05 AM
Gem N Ems's Avatar
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In my own world.
Posts: 6,807
Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems
Default Signature, Avatar, and Drawing Showcase!

The old one can be found here.

Show off your new Banners, Avatars, and Drawings here.

---> RULES
1.) Just like "Rate the Sig above you" And "Rate the avatar above you", you have to comment someone above your post. AT LEAST ONE PERSON to receive comments and criticism on your banner/tag/sig
  • If the person above you has not rated the banner above their post, then you can feel free to ignore their post as if it didn’t exist, and rate the banner that they failed to rate.
  • Post about 1-4 banners/icons/drawings here. If you have more, the pages get taken up, if you know what I mean. If you have more, then just make a gallery, please.
  • After you rate at least one banner, then, hey! Rate, comment, criticize as much as you'd like.
  • If someone comments on a piece of artwork, and has no artwork to show, then it's a freebie. Comment on the other post above that person.

2.) You are NOT allowed to post wallpaper or sprite. This is a thread just for avatars/icons and sigs/banner/tags, and drawings (traditional or digital.)

3.) Re-post your banner after about 2-3 pages. Reposing a banner/icon/drawing after 5 posts is a little unneeded.

4.)
Don't request here. Request at this thread. --> HERE

5.) All graphic related questions belong here. --> HERE
__________________

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links

Last edited by Anastasia-R; 06-22-2011 at 10:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-02-2010, 02:16 AM
TheDarkEevee's Avatar
TheDarkEevee Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Fightin' for my life in the UG
Posts: 908
Default Re: Signature & Avatar Showcase

*gasp*

Finally! It got really annoying when you had to wait about sixty seconds for the thousand page thread to load, lol. Thank ye very much!

Although it's unfortunate that you updated it right after I posted... grr.

Lol. I guess I'll start. *looks up*

Drat.

C-CC+ on my signature please.
__________________
I'm baaaaaack. :3
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-02-2010, 06:41 AM
DemonicWolf's Avatar
DemonicWolf Offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Rawr <3
Posts: 928
Send a message via AIM to DemonicWolf
Default Re: Signature & Avatar Showcase

ok give me your opinion for my avatar

1- Keep BrokenCyde Pic As Avatar
2- Red Mist From Kick ass as my Avatar

3- Hit-girl As my Avatar
__________________
~An ugly personality destroys a pretty face~
Some people believe in God, I believe in music. You know, some people pray, I turn up the radio.
~There's a story behind every person, a reason why they are the way they are. So, think about that before you judge someone.~
Sticks & stones may break my bones, but words will rip my wrists apart.
~And in the end... They'll judge you anyways...~
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-02-2010, 10:22 AM
Gem N Ems's Avatar
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In my own world.
Posts: 6,807
Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems
Default Re: Signature & Avatar Showcase

Dude above me...this really isn't the place for this.

This is for showing off banners/avis and rating them, not deciding what pic you want as your avi.
__________________

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-02-2010, 10:30 AM
Vanity's Avatar
Vanity Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: I think its called a house.
Posts: 322
Send a message via AIM to Vanity
Default Re: Signature & Avatar Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkEevee View Post
*gasp*

Finally! It got really annoying when you had to wait about sixty seconds for the thousand page thread to load, lol. Thank ye very much!

Although it's unfortunate that you updated it right after I posted... grr.

Lol. I guess I'll start. *looks up*

Drat.

C-CC+ on my signature please.
I love the new tag. It's intense man. I love the vector/splatter combination, gives it a huge urban theme.

8.7 out of 10. Nice man.
__________________

B/W Team | VPP
Icon made by Mizuki Emi
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-02-2010, 10:35 AM
Kers Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 545
Send a message via AIM to Kers
Default Re: Signature & Avatar Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanity View Post
I love the new tag. It's intense man. I love the vector/splatter combination, gives it a huge urban theme.

8.7 out of 10. Nice man.
Coolio Avatar, 8/10.

I dunno about the picture in your signature, though. Not sure if you had anything to do with the creation of it.

Both my Avatar and Tag were done by me.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-02-2010, 12:49 PM
Orthar's Avatar
Orthar Offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Away from Crusties.
Posts: 5,506
Send a message via AIM to Orthar Send a message via MSN to Orthar Send a message via Skype™ to Orthar
Default Re: Signature & Avatar Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumori Gem View Post
Dude above me...this really isn't the place for this.

This is for showing off banners/avis and rating them, not deciding what pic you want as your avi.
He was redirected here by Sixto. Haha.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-02-2010, 05:33 PM
DemonicWolf's Avatar
DemonicWolf Offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Rawr <3
Posts: 928
Send a message via AIM to DemonicWolf
Default Re: Signature & Avatar Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by PainKiller View Post
He was redirected here by Sixto. Haha.
.... sixto told me to come here so then where should i put this then?
__________________
~An ugly personality destroys a pretty face~
Some people believe in God, I believe in music. You know, some people pray, I turn up the radio.
~There's a story behind every person, a reason why they are the way they are. So, think about that before you judge someone.~
Sticks & stones may break my bones, but words will rip my wrists apart.
~And in the end... They'll judge you anyways...~
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-02-2010, 06:21 PM
TheDarkEevee's Avatar
TheDarkEevee Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Fightin' for my life in the UG
Posts: 908
Default Re: Signature & Avatar Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanity View Post
I love the new tag. It's intense man. I love the vector/splatter combination, gives it a huge urban theme.

8.7 out of 10. Nice man.
Lol, thanks. ^_^

Back on topic: Since the two above people have not rated, I'll do HelloI'mKers banner:

It's... well, to be honest, a little amateur. There isn't a light source, and everything looks kinda painted on. Nice job with the focal points, though. And the background is interesting as well. But there really isn't any skill involved. It looks like you took an image and pasted it onto a background. Try using a few c4d's or downloading some splatter brushes. If you use gimp, even a simple flame add-on would add to it.
__________________
I'm baaaaaack. :3
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-03-2010, 02:14 AM
Kers Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 545
Send a message via AIM to Kers
Default Re: Signature & Avatar Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkEevee View Post
Lol, thanks. ^_^

Back on topic: Since the two above people have not rated, I'll do HelloI'mKers banner:

It's... well, to be honest, a little amateur. There isn't a light source, and everything looks kinda painted on. Nice job with the focal points, though. And the background is interesting as well. But there really isn't any skill involved. It looks like you took an image and pasted it onto a background. Try using a few c4d's or downloading some splatter brushes. If you use gimp, even a simple flame add-on would add to it.

No skill involved?! I'll kill you.

Here's the .PSD, the dog was rendered by me, All the little things in the background including the Moon, Sattelite, and this thing were all rendered by me.

By the way, a tag doesn't need a light source, and splatter brushes don't fix everything.

It's not supposed to be a tag with lotsa effects, it's supposed to show something more realistic.

Anyway I'll grade yours.

The 'light source' contradicts the lighting on the render you used. The effects are alright for a vector tag but you could have done more. The border and text make it look amateur and you should get rid of them all together. I can see a C4D behind the render, and it really doesn't fit with the kind of grunge/vector style you're going for. You have potential.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-03-2010, 02:23 AM
TheDarkEevee's Avatar
TheDarkEevee Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Fightin' for my life in the UG
Posts: 908
Default Re: Signature & Avatar Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloImKers View Post
No skill involved?! I'll kill you.

Here's the .PSD, the dog was rendered by me, All the little things in the background including the Moon, Sattelite, and this thing were all rendered by me.

By the way, a tag doesn't need a light source, and splatter brushes don't fix everything.

It's not supposed to be a tag with lotsa effects, it's supposed to show something more realistic.

Anyway I'll grade yours.

The 'light source' contradicts the lighting on the render you used. The effects are alright for a vector tag but you could have done more. The border and text make it look amateur and you should get rid of them all together. I can see a C4D behind the render, and it really doesn't fit with the kind of grunge/vector style you're going for. You have potential.
*holds up hands*

Woah, woah, woah. Hold on there, buddy boy. I'm not flaming you. I'm trying to give you honest advice. It's called constructive criticism for a reason. I'm only trying to help. You don't need to start getting mean about it. I understand that since you're new that it might seem a little foreign to you. I'm just trying to help.

If you really need to, you can continue this over PM, but please, I don't want a flame war started on a brand new thread. ^_^



Sorry about that guys. *looks up*

Hmmm... Well, I've already done Kers, so I'll do Vanity's:

It's... well, for starters, pretty small. It looks like an oversized avatar. Secondly, there isn't really any flow. The snowflake pattern in the bottom right doesn't match with the effect on the top left. Try creating a little more flow, and maybe adding some depth. I still find it hard to add depth to my banners, but you should still try. ^_^
__________________
I'm baaaaaack. :3
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-07-2010, 04:39 PM
Arch Enemy's Avatar
Arch Enemy Offline
Force the Reason
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,251
Send a message via AIM to Arch Enemy Send a message via MSN to Arch Enemy
Default Re: Signature & Avatar Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkEevee View Post
*holds up hands*

Woah, woah, woah. Hold on there, buddy boy. I'm not flaming you. I'm trying to give you honest advice. It's called constructive criticism for a reason. I'm only trying to help. You don't need to start getting mean about it. I understand that since you're new that it might seem a little foreign to you. I'm just trying to help.

If you really need to, you can continue this over PM, but please, I don't want a flame war started on a brand new thread. ^_^



Sorry about that guys. *looks up*

Hmmm... Well, I've already done Kers, so I'll do Vanity's:

It's... well, for starters, pretty small. It looks like an oversized avatar. Secondly, there isn't really any flow. The snowflake pattern in the bottom right doesn't match with the effect on the top left. Try creating a little more flow, and maybe adding some depth. I still find it hard to add depth to my banners, but you should still try. ^_^
Your avatar looks nice, but the borders around the avatar doesn't really go well with it, but everything else's good... xD Well, rate this avatar:



:3
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-09-2010, 04:00 AM
Ahlat's Avatar
Ahlat Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,686
Send a message via AIM to Ahlat
Default Re: Signature & Avatar Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko-chan View Post
Your avatar looks nice, but the borders around the avatar doesn't really go well with it, but everything else's good... xD Well, rate this avatar:



:3
I'm no good at CnC and I haven't made avvies/tags in a while so what I say might be totally wrong. :x But I'll try since I have no choice.

The flow is a little hard for me to tell where it's going, as sometimes I feel it's going towards the focal and sometimes away from the focal. Also the red brushes on the black part seem a little odd over there. Either it's the black part or the red part, I'm not too sure. Also I think if you add a border it may look better, but I could be wrong on thiss :P. Overall I really like the avvie and how the focal just blends in with it. I hope I didn't seem to stupid with this CnC. xD

CnC on my first banner in about 6-9 months.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-16-2010, 07:22 PM
PureGoober's Avatar
PureGoober Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 757
Default Re: Signature & Avatar Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahlat View Post
I'm no good at CnC and I haven't made avvies/tags in a while so what I say might be totally wrong. :x But I'll try since I have no choice.

The flow is a little hard for me to tell where it's going, as sometimes I feel it's going towards the focal and sometimes away from the focal. Also the red brushes on the black part seem a little odd over there. Either it's the black part or the red part, I'm not too sure. Also I think if you add a border it may look better, but I could be wrong on thiss :P. Overall I really like the avvie and how the focal just blends in with it. I hope I didn't seem to stupid with this CnC. xD

CnC on my first banner in about 6-9 months.
I like your banner.
The back ground is nice.
I'm not too keen on the the "softness" of it.
That's just me though.

This is my first banner ever in Gimp 2.6


Second Banner!


Third!
__________________


BestBuds! :) <3



Last edited by PureGoober; 05-16-2010 at 08:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-16-2010, 08:15 PM
MysticSapphire's Avatar
MysticSapphire Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: England
Posts: 323
Default Re: Signature & Avatar Showcase

Love the banner, it's cute! 9/10 And the same for the avvy. Yeah, I gave GIMP a go for the first time today and the Mew banner is the result.

EDIT:

1st ever GIMP banner


2nd


3rd

Last edited by MysticSapphire; 05-16-2010 at 09:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com