Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 04-18-2010, 01:26 PM
Calypso Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Calypso
Default Which Pokemon do you feel were unfairly treated?

Since complaining is one thing this board does best, I was wondering if there was any Pokemon on the main cast you think deserved more screentime?

I always found that Misty's Goldeen was really given the short end of the stick. How many people were even aware it was still on her team during the Johto saga? Horsea too, to a certain extent. In fact, all of Misty's Pokemon in general, with the exception of Psyduck, were poorly handled, and not to mention devoid of any personality.

Last edited by Calypso; 04-19-2010 at 01:40 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:40 AM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus
Default Re: Which Pokemon do you feel were unfairly treated?

Misty had an Azurill? I never knew!! I fail. XD
Old 04-19-2010, 07:17 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Main cast, I don't really know.

However, every time Raichu makes an anime appearance, they ALWAYS make him a total bully. Come on, not every Raichu has to be that bad...

Old 04-20-2010, 06:40 AM
scubasteveE Offline

Send a message via AIM to scubasteveE Send a message via MSN to scubasteveE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calypso View Post
Since complaining is one thing this board does best
QFT

Horsea and Goldeen didn't get see much airtime because they are aquatic pokemon. If you notice all the water type pokemon that ash and company have got since Misty's departure can also go on land. Pretty much if Misty sent those two pokemon out, they would just be flopping all over the place.

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
Old 04-20-2010, 11:44 AM
ssquaderi Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
Main cast, I don't really know.

However, every time Raichu makes an anime appearance, they ALWAYS make him a total bully. Come on, not every Raichu has to be that bad...
not true,

when ash and co to the summer school in dp ash's pokemon that he has to trainis a raichu who is very nice
Old 04-20-2010, 09:07 PM
Calypso Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubatheDiverman View Post
QFT

Horsea and Goldeen didn't get see much airtime because they are aquatic pokemon. If you notice all the water type pokemon that ash and company have got since Misty's departure can also go on land. Pretty much if Misty sent those two pokemon out, they would just be flopping all over the place.
I suppose. But even then, the writers didn't make an effort. Misty would often favour Corsola even if the opportunity arose where Goldeen could be used. I think it appeared in a total of around ten episodes the whole Johto saga, and although my memory of the region is rather hazy, the only time I recall it actually battling is the episode where Misty fought Dorian, and even then, it lost. Horsea's case is worse though; it appeared in a total of three episodes throughout its entire run: Tentacool and Tentacruel, The Battling Eevee Brothers, and The Misty Mermaid, the latter being its send-off.

What also bothered me is Staryu being favoured over Starmie. I just don't understand the logic behind that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssquaderi View Post
not true,

when ash and co to the summer school in dp ash's pokemon that he has to trainis a raichu who is very nice
Well technically that Raichu was a rental Pokemon. Everytime it has been shown in the possession of a trainer, it's been considered a rival to Pikachu. Even Volkner's in the recent Japanese episode showed a dislike towards him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcemegus View Post
Misty had an Azurill? I never knew!! I fail. XD
Ahah, it was only shown onscreen for the few episodes when Misty briefly returned after Hoenn, basically as a Togepi replacement.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:58 AM
Vanity Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Vanity

I'd say Ash's Pikachu, it only appeared every episode! gawsh!!1!11one!1oneone!

Nah, to be serious, I'd say that Misty's Goldeen and Horsea caught like no air time, it would of been amazing if Misty got a Kingdra!

B/W Team | VPP
Icon made by Mizuki Emi
Old 04-27-2010, 12:27 AM
Calypso Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanity View Post
I'd say Ash's Pikachu, it only appeared every episode! gawsh!!1!11one!1oneone!

Nah, to be serious, I'd say that Misty's Goldeen and Horsea caught like no air time, it would of been amazing if Misty got a Kingdra!
Yeah, I never understood the logic behind that. They had the perfect opportunity to give Horsea some airtime in Johto with the introduction with Kingdra, yet they decided to let Staryu and Goldeen tag along instead.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:32 AM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Quote:

I suppose. But even then, the writers didn't make an effort. Misty would often favour Corsola even if the opportunity arose where Goldeen could be used. I think it appeared in a total of around ten episodes the whole Johto saga, and although my memory of the region is rather hazy, the only time I recall it actually battling is the episode where Misty fought Dorian, and even then, it lost. Horsea's case is worse though; it appeared in a total of three episodes throughout its entire run: Tentacool and Tentacruel, The Battling Eevee Brothers, and The Misty Mermaid, the latter being its send-off.

What also bothered me is Staryu being favoured over Starmie. I just don't understand the logic behind that.

Well technically that Raichu was a rental Pokemon. Everytime it has been shown in the possession of a trainer, it's been considered a rival to Pikachu. Even Volkner's in the recent Japanese episode showed a dislike towards him.

Ahah, it was only shown onscreen for the few episodes when Misty briefly returned after Hoenn, basically as a Togepi replacement.

This person does make a valid point. One thing I want to point out is on the Orange Islands series [one word (Tracey)] you never saw Misty's Pokemon and they were on the water for over half the series. Someone clear that up!
Old 04-28-2010, 10:17 PM
Vevevicamp Offline
Master Trainer

Porygon and its evolutions.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:48 AM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus

Quote:

Yeah, I never understood the logic behind that. They had the perfect opportunity to give Horsea some airtime in Johto with the introduction with Kingdra, yet they decided to let Staryu and Goldeen tag along instead.
Well I suppose you could also add on the additional stress for the writers having to add in Horsea evolving to Seadra and then finding the Dragon Scale required to evolve Seadra into Kingdra, but the damaga has been done for Horsea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vevevicamp View Post
Porygon and its evolutions.
Blame the Seizures in Japan for that. It would be nice to see Porygon and company to make a reappearance in the anime, but I'm sure the writers and directors are still worried over another Seizure incident.