Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Old 04-20-2010, 08:17 PM
Galleon Offline
Chocolate Bear

Send a message via AIM to Galleon Send a message via Yahoo to Galleon
Default Re: I think we should try something new.

HOLY CRAP, THIS THREAD IS DEPRESSING.

Perhaps we should all begin contemplating our mortality, next. Dunno about you guys, but I plan on bein' around for a long ass time, even if this place turns into a smoldering pile of empty dreams and missed memories.

Seriously, people, c'mon. Yer killin' me here. XD

Last edited by Galleon; 04-20-2010 at 09:48 PM. Reason: MOTHER OF CHILDREN.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:37 PM
The Maple Syrup Baptist Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to The Maple Syrup Baptist Send a message via MSN to The Maple Syrup Baptist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galleon View Post
HOLY CRAP, THIS THREAD IS DEPRESSING.

Perhaps we should all begin to contemplating our mortality, next. Dunno about you guys, but I plan on bein' around for a long ass time, even if this place turns into a smoldering pile of empty dreams and missed memories.

Seriously, people, c'mon. Yer killin' me here. XD
PE2K is my favorite place in all of the world wide web! ^_^
Old 04-20-2010, 09:46 PM
Galleon Offline
Chocolate Bear

Send a message via AIM to Galleon Send a message via Yahoo to Galleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Maple Syrup Baptist View Post
PE2K is my favorite place in all of the world wide web! ^_^
That's better. Kind of.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:13 AM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Send a message via AIM to Dr Scott Send a message via MSN to Dr Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Scott Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Scott

The forum is dying because that is what forums do after a while -- die. Especially with, Mewtwo rest his soul, Ryan and the actual site being so inactive.

Moderators aren't really that strict; actually we're a lot less 'strict' lately than in the past when the place (and in turn the moderators) have been more active. However, if not for the honorable Blues and Greens, the place would be overrun by spammers. That's mainly what we do lately, cleaning up the spam.

"God, my brilliance is now somewhat of a burden. Get back to me."
Old 04-21-2010, 01:59 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

I used to hop all over the forum, but for the past, oh, I dunno, year or two, I've been skulking in the URPG section because I haven't had much interest in the rest of the forum. But lately I've been getting back into the RP board, and once I get time I might actually start up stuff in the Fanfic section.

Most of the discussion that goes on here doesn't interest me, usually because by the time I get around to seeing something I might want to post on, it's degenerated into a bunch of SPAMy flame posts. Then I have to clean up said SPAM and it makes me not even feel like bothering to try to find somewhere to post.

Oh, and some of the others will find this familiar, but just because we're a Pokemon forum doesn't mean we shouldn't expect some level of maturity from our members. The rules are in place to help ensure people act decent and not like complete retards. Not that it always works; look at me XD.

But seriously, there will always be people who think the rules or the Mods are too harsh. Trust me, the amount of stuff we let slide FAR outweighs the punishments we've handed out. But now I'm just repeating stuff others have said, so I think it's time for me to go sleep now. *Has been up for nearly 27 hours now.*

Meh, if anyone wants me to come by a thread and start posting, just PM/VM me a link and I'll see what I can whip up.

One more thing. Everyone keeps going on and on about attracting new members in order to balance the people we lose. I've been saying this for months and months now, but here it is again. If you want more members, advertise more! If you guys have MySpace or Face Book or Twitter or whatever, then post links to PE2K. Blog about us. Post links to interesting topics. Talk about some of the people here. Get peoples' attention and make them interested enough to come see what we're all about.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 04-21-2010, 03:42 PM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog of Hellsing View Post

If you want more members, advertise more! If you guys have MySpace or Face Book or Twitter or whatever, then post links to PE2K. Blog about us. Post links to interesting topics. Talk about some of the people here. Get peoples' attention and make them interested enough to come see what we're all about.
I don't know about you, but who's actually proud (or crazy) to put a link to PE2K on their Facebook? XD

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links
Old 04-21-2010, 03:53 PM
Masami Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Masami Send a message via MSN to Masami

You all treat pe2k like a dirty little secret...so what if you like a pokemon game? It's just as childish as people playing modern warfare 24/7, pretending they're actually in combat.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:58 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masami View Post
You all treat pe2k like a dirty little secret...so what if you like a pokemon game? It's just as childish as people playing modern warfare 24/7, pretending they're actually in combat.
QFT.

You want to attract more members, but how can you do it if you're embarrassed to admit you're a member of a Pokemon forum? You can't get the word out on something if you're afraid to get teased for it. And anyways, you won't know until you put it out there if people you know might like it and they, too, don't want to admit it for fear of being made fun of.

And come on, this is the internet. How much weight do taunts from across the intrawebz REALLY carry?

BTW Gemma, I'm not aiming this at you, if that's how it sounds ^^'.

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 04-21-2010 at 04:01 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:03 PM
Masami Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Masami Send a message via MSN to Masami

Quote:
QFT.

You want to attract more members, but how can you do it if you're embarrassed to admit you're a member of a Pokemon forum? You can't get the word out on something if you're afraid to get teased for it. And anyways, you won't know until you put it out there if people you know might like it and they, too, don't want to admit it for fear of being made fun of.

And come on, this is the internet. How much weight do taunts from across the intrawebz REALLY carry?

She is, she hates you. :'D
Old 04-21-2010, 06:50 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumori Gem View Post
I don't know about you, but who's actually proud (or crazy) to put a link to PE2K on their Facebook? XD
I'm part of the pe2k facebook group. Why aren't you? ;)
Old 04-22-2010, 10:51 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
I'm part of the pe2k facebook group. Why aren't you? ;)
There's a PE2K Facebook group? =O I AM SO THERE.

And that comment I posted was in no way related to myself. xD I don't care who knows I love Pokemon. Most people I know know I love Pokemon.

To prove it, last night I posted a link to PE2K on my Facebook. SEE. I'm advertising. c=
...I didn't threaten anyone on purpose...

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links
Old 04-22-2010, 05:00 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
QFT.

You'd be surprised, I've heard of job interviewers actually looking at people's Facebook accounts to learn more about them before or after a job interview. I know, I thought it was stupid the first time I heard it, but there's nothing stopping them from doing it.

But yeah, I agree with Scott. This hasn't been the first time this issue has arisen. Take PE2K as it is, that's all you really can do. This place will never be like PokeCommunity or like Serebii, so if you're expecting this place to one day hit that kind of member count with that kind of activity, you need to wake up. Instead, this will be that kind of community where you interact with the same few people all the time. Sure, it will be closer knit, which is a good thing, but chances are good you'll end up doing the same things time after time with the same people, and hence, things will seem boring after a while. People leaving will also feel more tragic as you get closer to them.

In the end, invite your closest friends to PE2K if you think they would enjoy it, but don't flood your Facebook, Twitter, or other social networking thing with PE2K advertisements in hopes to drawn in hundreds of random people. Hundreds before you have tried to do things very similar to this and things have always been the same around here. Ryan himself has pretty much ensured things will forever stay this way by keeping a minimally updated site along with leaving things in the hands of PE2K's Global Moderators, though even they are limited as to what kind of changes they can make on the forum.

PE2K has and will always be a love it or leave it kind of place. 6 years and 20,000 posts later, let me be your prophet when I say that what you see PE2K as right now is the best it will ever be.

Old 04-22-2010, 05:22 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
You'd be surprised, I've heard of job interviewers actually looking at people's Facebook accounts to learn more about them before or after a job interview. I know, I thought it was stupid the first time I heard it, but there's nothing stopping them from doing it.
There's nothing stopping you from setting your account to private so they can't do that either. Secondly, the appearance of something like pe2k would have a much minor impact in comparison to something like "photos of one doing stupid stuff while drunk" when it comes to the facebook check. I highly doubt that being connected to pe2k on facebook puts a blemish on your profile. Of course, you being the "hardcore business jock type" would want to stay away. Perfectly fine, but don't assume that this is the same for the the norm. Hell, I'm in med school and I doubt that the medical schools didn't look for my profile either, to which I was already connected to pe2k.

Quote:
But yeah, I agree with Scott. This hasn't been the first time this issue has arisen. Take PE2K as it is, that's all you really can do. This place will never be like PokeCommunity or like Serebii, so if you're expecting this place to one day hit that kind of member count with that kind of activity, you need to wake up. Instead, this will be that kind of community where you interact with the same few people all the time. Sure, it will be closer knit, which is a good thing, but chances are good you'll end up doing the same things time after time with the same people, and hence, things will seem boring after a while. People leaving will also feel more tragic as you get closer to them.
Honestly, a working and active website is not all that much to ask for, isn't it? Nobody here wants activities at the scale of PC or Serebii. They just want more activity than now, which is understandable.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:02 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumori Gem View Post
There's a PE2K Facebook group? =O I AM SO THERE.

And that comment I posted was in no way related to myself. xD I don't care who knows I love Pokemon. Most people I know know I love Pokemon.

To prove it, last night I posted a link to PE2K on my Facebook. SEE. I'm advertising. c=
...I didn't threaten anyone on purpose...
XD Suuure you didn't, but I got a restraining order JUST IN CASE. /shot

Quote:
That reminds me of an interview I had with Vector once, and one of the questions they asked you to fill out at the end of the interview thing was "What is your favorite Pokemon and why?" I swear I couldn't believe that. I told the lady who'd come up with the question as I left that it was the best one I'd ever seen, and she laughed.

But yeah, like Kenny said, I doubt an interviewer would care if you have a link to a Pokemon-related site/forum. They're checking for things that are a lot more damning.

Quote:
In the end, invite your closest friends to PE2K if you think they would enjoy it, but don't flood your Facebook, Twitter, or other social networking thing with PE2K advertisements in hopes to drawn in hundreds of random people. Hundreds before you have tried to do things very similar to this and things have always been the same around here. Ryan himself has pretty much ensured things will forever stay this way by keeping a minimally updated site along with leaving things in the hands of PE2K's Global Moderators, though even they are limited as to what kind of changes they can make on the forum.
I'm not saying people have to post a link to PE2K in each and every single thing they post and/or send. I'm talking about a single link somewhere that people would notice it is all. Nothing crazy, just a single, simple link. Of course it won't bring droves of new members, but it might convince a few here and there to drop by and become a part of the community.

^Rock Musical Bleach^