Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling » Rate My Team

Rate My Team Get your competitive battling team rated here and get help with movesets and battling strategies.

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 09:52 AM
OhReally Offline
New Trainer

Default Mind to rate my first team?

Im pretty new for this stuff so I really need help to get started. I have studied some forums and learned this and that, but still got lots to learn. I havent decided many of the items so suggestions are very welcome. You can also shout your suggestions for moves and anything you like, and please tell my the biggest mistakes here. I´m also aware of changeing some of these pokes if you just give me good reasons and the possible newcomer.

Mamoswine@Focus sash
Adamant
252Atk 252Spe 4Def
-stealt rock
-ice shard
-earthquake
-endeavor

The stealth rocky lead.. Also type coverage, keeping dragons in mind..

Salamence@life orb
Naive
16Atk 252Spe 240SpA
-draco meteor
-outrage
-fireblast
-earthquake

Gengar@???
Timid
252SpA 252Spe 4SpD
-shadow ball
-focus blast
-thunderbolt
-sludge bomb

Special attacker.. Type coverage again.

Metagross@???
Adamant
252Atk 112HP 12Def 132Spe
-agility
-meteor mash
-earthquake
-thunder punch or explosion

Another physical killer.. Agility for its poor speed, late game mostly.

Milotic@Leftovers?
Bold
252HP 252Def 4Spe
-recovery
-toxic
-hydropump
-safeguard

Walling toxic user. No status stuff effected, recovers when needed and a chance to attack directly if must.

Bronzong@light clay
Relaxed
252HP 152Atk 8Def 96SpD
-reflect
-light screen
-gyro ball
-explosion

Mirror effect passer. After setting up mirrors, explodes, and hopefully kills the opponent. Then the stage is set for dragonite or metagross mostly, because the need to brace themselves with a boosting attack. No-one else is hurt from 1/2 other sided damage either.

Im not sure if I would replace gengar with starmie (surf, thunderbolt, ice beam, recovery), but that would be just my preference to starmie (wich isnt so important compaired to effectiveness in team). Starry would be more durable, but gengar has those good immunitys though..

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by OhReally; 04-18-2010 at 01:55 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:24 PM
SaviorSephiroth Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to SaviorSephiroth Send a message via MSN to SaviorSephiroth
Default Re: Mind to rate my first team?

Mamoswine wants Focus Sash, since it's fragile. Endeavor also is a good option over Stone Edge.
I also suggest Salamence over Dragonite, since your team doesn't have a decent mixed sweeper, which is important in the current metagame.

Salamence @ Life Orb
Naive
16 Atk / 240 SpA / 252 Spe
~ Draco Meteor
~ Earthquake
~ Flamethrower / Fire Blast
~ Outrage / Dragon Claw

Gengar wants to be Timid, and I suggest Hidden Power Fire + Protect combo.

There are great bulky waters in the metagame which is better than Milotic. Suicune is a example. You should try it.

Good luck.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:42 PM
OhReally Offline
New Trainer

Default Re: Mind to rate my first team?

Thanks Sephirot! There was some really helpful advice in there! Yes I first thought useing salamance and somehow came up with dragonite, but I didnt think about useing mixed mence. Now I think Ill use it instead, while you have point in my mixed sweeper issue.

I will possibly use suicune also, but I have to come up with some kind of good moveset first. Any ideas?
Closed Thread