Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General

General Hang out here and talk to people participating the Ultra RPG. Talk about anything related to the Ultra RPG, or just any casual discussion with fellow participants of the Ultra RPG. New to Ultra RPG? Come in and see what's it all about.

Old 03-10-2010, 06:27 PM
HKim Online
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim
Arrow Expanding the Family

It has been more than a decade since the URPG was founded. Many probably have said that we wouldn't have lasted as long as we have, but, against all odds, we're still here, playing the same game that we've all come to enjoy and love.

I am here to announce that the URPG will be expanding and establishing a branch on Bulbagarden (BMG).

This probably comes as a surprise to many of you, but it is a matter that the leaders of the URPG have discussed. In many ways, it is an issue we have discussed over the past few years.

This is an opportunity for the URPG to reach out to other pokemon communities on the Internet. A chance for us to form new friendships and new rivalries. A path towards growth in a group that we love and support. The URPG will grow and gain new members.

More members mean an influx of talent. We'll find talented strategists, talented writers, talented roleplayers, talented coordinators, and talented leaders; not to mention talented artists, talented organizers, talented comedians, and talented friends. We'll be able to recruit people that have a whole new set of experiences and viewpoints to add to the URPG’s diversity and perhaps bring ideas to the table that we've never considered or thought of. Our greatest resource here is the people that make up this organization. Stories would not be the same without George and Emma. The Park wouldn't exist without Jess. DG and Ataro make sure that Contests run smoothly. We rely extensively on the talents of Haze and Jr. to oversee battles, the core of the URPG. Without you members, none of this would be possible. Without talented people working everyday to have fun and make this place fun, we wouldn't be here.

I’ll be honest, PE2K is not at the top of its game. The inactivity of Ryan, our administrator, has left us wondering about PE2K’s future. There was a time when he was accessible to Gmods such as Neo, Kenny, and Syrus. Now, we're lucky if we get to talk with him twice a year. Members expect the moderators to know what's going on at PE2K, but many times we're simply carrying out the basic job of maintaining the forum, unsure of what Ryan really wants.

Without a significant draw of members to the forum, such as an active site, PE2K will slowly lose activity as members retire. In the cycle of an active forum, new members usually step up to replace older ones. But the cycle breaks down when there are no new members to replace the old ones. And what affects PE2K will affect the URPG. I do not want to see the URPG return to a state of minimum activity. For in such a scenario, there is little chance of recovery, as most of our talent would have left at this point. Without that talent, the URPG cannot survive, cannot restart, and will crumble under the test of time. It almost happened before, until Flare moved the URPG to PE2K.

PE2K must change or we must. And, looking at things now, PE2K won't change, so it's up to us.

The URPG will always remain on PE2K. I was first a PE2Ker before I became a URPGer. I was a PE2K Gmod before a URPG Official. I love this place. I consider here to be my first Internet home and a community that I have grown to love. We all have memories here, memories of friendships formed, conversations enjoyed, and battles won. I cherish those memories, fight for those memories. I’ve been on PE2K for 7 years now and I don’t plan to leave anytime soon. As long as the URPG and PE2K continue to exist, so shall the URPG remain here.

The next few months will involve a lot of planning and preparation. We don’t intend to open the new branch until the start of summer and we want to be ready for it. That means addressing many of the logistical and communication issues that would occur between the PE2K and BMG branches. That means training more refs, graders, rangers, and judges to meet potential demand. That means preparing to help new BMG URPG members who have never heard of us before, but want to learn and have fun.

It will take dedication. Dedication, a skill that perhaps defines the URPG. Who else writes stories upon stories to catch new pokemon? Who else participates in massive 81-person battles in order to claw their way to the top? Who else refs thousands upon thousands of battles to achieve a personal record? Us. For some reason or another, the URPG has attracted such talented (and crazy) members that are unheard of elsewhere. Dedicated members, members willing to push onwards and upwards to reach the top. That is why I have faith in the URPG!

Yes, the URPG is about people. It's about the friendships that we've come to make here and the fun that we enjoy together. It's about the challenges that we've created to overcome and the dream of being the best that we never gave up. It's about a group of friends who came together one noble night, and decided that they too could create a world in which they could enjoy what they love. That world is the URPG and is what we stand for today.

It’s time to expand the family.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.

Last edited by HKim; 03-10-2010 at 06:59 PM.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:28 PM
HKim Online
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim
Default Re: Expanding the Family

Important Information

Important Links

Timeline

Phase I - Initial Research and Forum Approval - Completed

Time: February to Mid-March
Description: The URPG researches and determines which pokemon message boards are interested in hosting a URPG Branch.

Phase II - Preparation and Development

Time: Mid-March to Mid-April
Description: At this time, the URPG will also announce to the general public about the new branch. The URPG begins deciding what needs to be done to properly open a new expansion, including logistical issues, rules, threads, etc and enacts said plans.

Phase III - Opening

Time: April 15th
Description: As summer arrives, the URPG branch opens to the public, using the active summer months as a launching point.

Negotiated Points with BMG Leadership

Bulbagarden's leadership is enthusiastic about the expansion and we've negotiated the following points:

1. The URPG will remain fully under our control so long as we don't violate any of BMG's rules. The Head of the URPG has the authority to promote whoever he needs to. Additionally, the URPG leaders have control over the section, how it looks, and who's allowed to play there.

2. Moderators will retain the same powers they have at PE2K with the exception of Infracting. That includes the ability to delete, edit, move, etc.

3. The URPG will gain a seat on the ruling council for the Bulbagarden's RPGwiki.

Bulbagarden History

Bulbagarden was one of the earliest pokemon sites to be founded, but was shut down from 2001 to 2003. In 2003, the site was reformed under the head administrator, Archaic.

Bulbagarden is primarily known for its Web 2.0 philosophy. It sports a wikipedia, Oekaki, news, and other elements.

Statistics

Member Count: ~20,000 members
Threads: ~45,500 threads

Recruitment: ~15 members/day

Most Users Ever Online: 4,484 (May 24, 2009)

Total Leaders: ~160, some repeats (Mod:Member Ratio - 1:120)

Last edited by HKim; 03-28-2010 at 01:13 AM.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:49 PM
AiedailEclipsed Offline

Hello everyone. I hope HKim doesn't mind me posting here but I figured I'd best introduce myself to the URPG community. Any of you who know about Bulbagarden in general might recognize me. I'm AiedailEclipsed, Head of RPG Projects on Bulbagarden. I'll be working intensely on this to make sure it succeeds in its mission to add Bulbagarden as a home and as a new member of your family. In short, I'd also like to welcome you all into "my" family. I view the entire RPG category over at Bulba as my "children."

Anyway, if you have any questions you think I might be able to answer feel free to PM me here or (more reliably) catch me on AIM (SunPhoenixKnight).

I hope to see you all soon as I take an active role in assisting you all.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:37 PM
HKim Online
Editor-in-chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenRampage View Post
Cool =o

But one question, will these two URPGs run separately or together?

To clarify, will there be new gym leaders? Will members be allowed to be involved in the BMG URPG and the pe2k URPG? Will refs/graders/judges/rangers still be refs/graders/judges/rangers on the BMG URPG?

OR will the two run as one just simply posted in two places?

This can be deleted by the way if this isn't the place for this

I encourage communication!

A lot of these issues will need to be discussed in the committees, but I can answer a few things here.

So far we're in agreement that positions such as refs and graders will count on both forums. If you're qualified on one, you're qualified on the other. It only makes sense.

A lot of these issues will be discussed in the Court Section so feel free to post there. If it's an expansion related thread, post it with the format:
"Expansion: (Name)".
Old 03-13-2010, 12:22 PM
RPGBoss Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to RPGBoss Send a message via MSN to RPGBoss Send a message via Yahoo to RPGBoss Send a message via Skype™ to RPGBoss

Hey Harry..long time just checking out things in the forum, this seems like a great idea...just wondering why the links to bulbagarden arent working for me...
btw feel free to delete this post after you read this message.

Old 03-13-2010, 05:27 PM
HKim Online
Editor-in-chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGBoss View Post
Hey Harry..long time just checking out things in the forum, this seems like a great idea...just wondering why the links to bulbagarden arent working for me...
btw feel free to delete this post after you read this message.

I have no idea. Good to see you though! Going to help us with this endeavor?
Old 03-13-2010, 06:12 PM
AiedailEclipsed Offline

It may have to do with the server. We have server troubles sometime, was it a 503 error that you got?
Old 04-13-2010, 01:41 PM
GreyScale Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to GreyScale
Arrow Re: Expanding the Family

Hey HKim ,
Do we have to start again?
and for the gym leaders i think you should send a message to see who is still active because i bet the majority of them dont even go on this anymore.
I just joined Bulba,
iiADRENALIN3ii.

Battle Log

[Dan][Diamond][?]
[Dan][SoulSilver][?]
[Dan][White][?]
http://tiny.cc/oo7rw
Old 04-13-2010, 06:27 PM
Haze Offline

Send a message via AIM to Haze

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyScale View Post
Hey HKim ,
and for the gym leaders i think you should send a message to see who is still active because i bet the majority of them dont even go on this anymore.
I just joined Bulba,
iiADRENALIN3ii.
No
and where did you get that from? I'm pretty sure all or almost all gym leaders still go on this place.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:46 PM
TheEvilDookie Offline

Send a message via AIM to TheEvilDookie Send a message via MSN to TheEvilDookie Send a message via Skype™ to TheEvilDookie

Quote:
Hey HKim ,
I just joined Bulba,
iiADRENALIN3ii.
Every single gym leader is active except maybe one (who never gets challenges anyway) haha. Don't make assumptions.

^ Anastasia-R ^
Current VPP: Palkia > Level 100: 6987
Old 04-13-2010, 07:53 PM
GreyScale Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEvilDookie View Post
Every single gym leader is active except maybe one (who never gets challenges anyway) haha. Don't make assumptions.
well sorry for making a mistake. Most people arent on when i am.
and sorry haze i spose i just dont really now them so i dont know if there online.

Battle Log

[Dan][Diamond][?]
[Dan][SoulSilver][?]
[Dan][White][?]

Last edited by GreyScale; 04-14-2010 at 08:17 AM.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:35 PM
TheEvilDookie Offline

Send a message via AIM to TheEvilDookie Send a message via MSN to TheEvilDookie Send a message via Skype™ to TheEvilDookie

Quote:
well sorry for making a mistake. Most people arent on when i am.
and sorry haze i spose i just dont really now them so i dont know if there online.
Well you're on now, so I'm guessing this is when you're normally on. I just went down my list on AIM and saw about 7 to 8 leaders online lol. Just be patient with some of them. :P

^ Anastasia-R ^
Current VPP: Palkia > Level 100: 6987
Old 04-14-2010, 08:16 AM
GreyScale Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEvilDookie View Post
Well you're on now, so I'm guessing this is when you're normally on. I just went down my list on AIM and saw about 7 to 8 leaders online lol. Just be patient with some of them. :P
Kay, sorry mate i was tired yesterday. I dont really go on AIM which is probably why.
My apologies again.

Battle Log

[Dan][Diamond][?]
[Dan][SoulSilver][?]
[Dan][White][?]