Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Fourth Generation

Fourth Generation Discuss the fourth generation Pokemon games: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Old 04-13-2010, 02:33 AM
War Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Disappointed

I thought that 3rd and 4th gen pkmn were catchable in HG....! Thats one of the main reasons why i was excited about picking up a pkmn game again.......DAMN.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:39 AM
New_Glaceon Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default Re: Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by War View Post
I thought that 3rd and 4th gen pkmn were catchable in HG....! Thats one of the main reasons why i was excited about picking up a pkmn game again.......DAMN.
actually using hoenn/sinnoh sound on the radio you can catch several pokes from those regons.
use this link for the serebii listing http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoul...nnsinnoh.shtml
Old 04-13-2010, 02:44 AM
War Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Glaceon View Post
actually using hoenn/sinnoh sound on the radio you can catch several pokes from those regons.
use this link for the serebii listing http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoul...nnsinnoh.shtml
Really?! So all i gotta do is tune the radio on HG and I can catch for example......Shinx?...Starfly (or whatever his name is)........? if thats true...then you just made my day bro lol
Old 04-13-2010, 02:47 AM
killanotha1 Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to killanotha1 Send a message via MSN to killanotha1 Send a message via Yahoo to killanotha1

Quote:
Really?! So all i gotta do is tune the radio on HG and I can catch for example......Shinx?...Starfly (or whatever his name is)........? if thats true...then you just made my day bro lol

If you would have followed the link you would have seen that yes Shinx is availible via those means. Starly is not because it can eb found via headbutt which is explained here.

http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoul...headbutt.shtml

Honestly your questions should be in the discussion thread.

||||Rapidash: 276||Done: 456||URPG||
That Avatar is MINE.

Old 04-13-2010, 02:49 AM
War Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by killanotha1 View Post
If you would have followed the link you would have seen that yes Shinx is availible via those means. Starly is not because it can eb found via headbutt which is explained here.

http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoul...headbutt.shtml

Cool...i just cant go to the thread right now till i get home....but thanks though.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:15 AM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus

Quote:
Originally Posted by killanotha1 View Post
No he is fine. He was supposed to post that there.
As everyone said: Hoenn/Sinnoh sound, Headbutt trees, and you can encounter legendaries like Groudon and Kyogre with the Red/Blue orb.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:26 AM
War Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcemegus View Post
No he is fine. He was supposed to post that there.
As everyone said: Hoenn/Sinnoh sound, Headbutt trees, and you can encounter legendaries like Groudon and Kyogre with the Red/Blue orb.
awsome....I'ma try that....i dont have headbutt though...but hey, thanks for the help to everyone that replied!
Old 04-13-2010, 03:33 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus

Quote:
awsome....I'ma try that....i dont have headbutt though...but hey, thanks for the help to everyone that replied!
One final thing, did you obtain the national dex? If you didn't, that might explain the lack of Hoenn and Sinnoh 'mons. If you did, well, have fun hunting pokemon outside the region!
Old 04-14-2010, 12:38 AM
War Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcemegus View Post
One final thing, did you obtain the national dex? If you didn't, that might explain the lack of Hoenn and Sinnoh 'mons. If you did, well, have fun hunting pokemon outside the region!
I tried this last night, but all i could get was the regular poke music......i couldnt find the music needed to get the new pkmn.........i dont know what i should do?...........
Old 04-14-2010, 01:00 AM
Sequentio Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sequentio

Hoenn and Sinnoh sounds only occur on specific days of the week.
Hoenn on Wednesdays and Sinnoh on Thursdays.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:04 AM
War Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequentio View Post
Hoenn and Sinnoh sounds only occur on specific days of the week.
Hoenn on Wednesdays and Sinnoh on Thursdays.

yeah i just followed the link thru my cell......i appreciate ur help...
Old 04-14-2010, 01:06 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

And only certain trees contain Heonn/Sinnoh Pokemon.

The Safari Zone, also, is a good place. By arranging objects in certain amounts and for a certain period of time, you can also obtain more Pokemon.

For an example, 27 rock objects in Rocky Beach, after 0 days have passed after placement, you can obtain Aron.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:21 AM
War Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
And only certain trees contain Heonn/Sinnoh Pokemon.

The Safari Zone, also, is a good place. By arranging objects in certain amounts and for a certain period of time, you can also obtain more Pokemon.

For an example, 27 rock objects in Rocky Beach, after 0 days have passed after placement, you can obtain Aron.
Awsome.....my only thing nowis to get headbutt...but i dont know where so it should be fun searching....
Old 04-14-2010, 04:13 AM
scubasteveE Offline

Send a message via AIM to scubasteveE Send a message via MSN to scubasteveE

Headbutt is in Illex(spelled right?) Forest as a tutor move. It's free so you don't have to have anything for the guy to teach one of your pokemon it. Also most pokemon can learn so

And another thing, you can also catch some hoenn and sinnoh pokemon in the safari zone and the bug catching contest.

(I still don't understand why they made Tropius so freaking hard to obtain in this generation. Out of the five games, you can only obtain it in one, Platinum. And that's through the Great Marsh by looking into those binaculors >_> You also can obtain it in the pokewalker, but it's one of the later courses.... I think it's going to be in *5th gen region name*'s pokedex.)

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
Old 04-14-2010, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubatheDiverman View Post
Headbutt is in Illex(spelled right?) Forest as a tutor move. It's free so you don't have to have anything for the guy to teach one of your pokemon it. Also most pokemon can learn so

And another thing, you can also catch some hoenn and sinnoh pokemon in the safari zone and the bug catching contest.

(I still don't understand why they made Tropius so freaking hard to obtain in this generation. Out of the five games, you can only obtain it in one, Platinum. And that's through the Great Marsh by looking into those binaculors >_> You also can obtain it in the pokewalker, but it's one of the later courses.... I think it's going to be in *5th gen region name*'s pokedex.)
It's spelled "Ilex"
An additional note for the bug-catching contest, if you didn't know already, it is held at the National Park on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. In which, after you get the national dex, you get to catch from Generation 3:
  • Wurmple
  • Silcoon
  • Beautifly
  • Cascoon
  • Dustox
  • Nincada
  • Volbeat
  • Illumise
and from Generation 4:
  • Kricketot
  • Kricketune
  • Combee

An additional note for the Safari Zone is that from Generation 3, the pokemon that can be found are found here.