Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-10-2010, 07:22 PM
PEPITO1O1O's Avatar
PEPITO1O1O Offline
New Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5
Default Reviving Dead Threads?

Ok, I want to know what the deal is with people say "Don't revive a dead topic/thread". Whats the big deal!?!?!? If it gets revived isn't that a good thing? Because hello 1) More posts and 2)More people being active.
So someone explain to me what is SO bad about reviving a topic/thread.
__________________
~The Dark Magcian~

~Dark Magic Attack!~
Credit: Izumi -Fr- or Izumi -Fr-
Come Join:
Dark Magician Academy & Freezig Rain
  #2  
Old 04-10-2010, 07:55 PM
Masami Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Im British, Its not a big deal.
Posts: 898
Send a message via AIM to Masami Send a message via MSN to Masami
Default Re: Reviving Dead Threads?

It cannot be explained, you just don't do it.
And the world keeps on turning.
  #3  
Old 04-10-2010, 08:01 PM
PEPITO1O1O's Avatar
PEPITO1O1O Offline
New Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5
Default Re: Reviving Dead Threads?

lol, but there must be an explanation for this. Cuz if there isn't then that means people have the right to revive threads.
(So please a mod or admin, answer my question thanks)
__________________
~The Dark Magcian~

~Dark Magic Attack!~
Credit: Izumi -Fr- or Izumi -Fr-
Come Join:
Dark Magician Academy & Freezig Rain
  #4  
Old 04-10-2010, 08:04 PM
Sieses's Avatar
Sieses Offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,321
Send a message via AIM to Sieses
Default Re: Reviving Dead Threads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEPITO1O1O View Post
lol, but there must be an explanation for this. Cuz if there isn't then that means people have the right to revive threads.
(So please a mod or admin, answer my question thanks)
The rules thread tells you not to. There's your reason.
__________________

Signature made by Charmander009!
  #5  
Old 04-10-2010, 08:04 PM
Masami Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Im British, Its not a big deal.
Posts: 898
Send a message via AIM to Masami Send a message via MSN to Masami
Default Re: Reviving Dead Threads?

None of the mod/admins care enough to reply, except the new ones trying to prove their worth. The cool ones smoke weed and have sex in a Jimmy Hendrix fashion.

Anyway, you don't revive dead threads because they're usually dead for a good reason, so there isn't any point at all in reviving them, when:

A) If its a question the asker has left or now knows the answer.
B) IF its a game, it sucked.
C) People do not care about stuff thats old.

'nuff said.
  #6  
Old 04-10-2010, 08:09 PM
PEPITO1O1O's Avatar
PEPITO1O1O Offline
New Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5
Default Re: Reviving Dead Threads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masami View Post
None of the mod/admins care enough to reply, except the new ones trying to prove their worth. The cool ones smoke weed and have sex in a Jimmy Hendrix fashion.

Anyway, you don't revive dead threads because they're usually dead for a good reason, so there isn't any point at all in reviving them, when:

A) If its a question the asker has left or now knows the answer.
B) IF its a game, it sucked.
C) People do not care about stuff thats old.

'nuff said.
This was acutally a good explaniation thanks :)
And the part about the mods and admins, I agree with you on there (I hate those type of people)

Ok now if a mod or admin would care, you can close this now, because this question has been answered.
__________________
~The Dark Magcian~

~Dark Magic Attack!~
Credit: Izumi -Fr- or Izumi -Fr-
Come Join:
Dark Magician Academy & Freezig Rain
  #7  
Old 04-10-2010, 08:10 PM
miyoun's Avatar
miyoun Offline
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: ♡
Posts: 3,723
Send a message via MSN to miyoun Send a message via Skype™ to miyoun
Default Re: Reviving Dead Threads?

its against the rules.
__________________

don't wanna be a sing sing boy | twitter | last.fm
  #8  
Old 04-10-2010, 08:12 PM
Masami Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Im British, Its not a big deal.
Posts: 898
Send a message via AIM to Masami Send a message via MSN to Masami
Default Re: Reviving Dead Threads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiume View Post
its against the rules.
I already answered Louise, no need to suck.
  #9  
Old 04-10-2010, 08:20 PM
PEPITO1O1O's Avatar
PEPITO1O1O Offline
New Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5
Default Re: Reviving Dead Threads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiume View Post
its against the rules.
Yeah 1) this got explained already 2) i understand that its against the rules, but if there is no reason for it, then there is no reason for it to be against the rules :P 3) But there is a reason its against the rules (even if I dont like it).
__________________
~The Dark Magcian~

~Dark Magic Attack!~
Credit: Izumi -Fr- or Izumi -Fr-
Come Join:
Dark Magician Academy & Freezig Rain
  #10  
Old 04-10-2010, 08:21 PM
TheEvilDookie's Avatar
TheEvilDookie Offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 6,983
Send a message via AIM to TheEvilDookie Send a message via MSN to TheEvilDookie Send a message via Skype™ to TheEvilDookie
Default Re: Reviving Dead Threads?

now dont go reviving this thread in a few months :@
__________________


^ Anastasia-R ^
Current VPP: Palkia > Level 100: 6987
  #11  
Old 04-10-2010, 08:21 PM
Masami Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Im British, Its not a big deal.
Posts: 898
Send a message via AIM to Masami Send a message via MSN to Masami
Default Re: Reviving Dead Threads?

That's the first totally unfunny thing I've seen you say since I came back.

- espeon rinage.
  #12  
Old 04-10-2010, 08:25 PM
TheEvilDookie's Avatar
TheEvilDookie Offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 6,983
Send a message via AIM to TheEvilDookie Send a message via MSN to TheEvilDookie Send a message via Skype™ to TheEvilDookie
Default Re: Reviving Dead Threads?

ok cool thanks boo :@
__________________


^ Anastasia-R ^
Current VPP: Palkia > Level 100: 6987
  #13  
Old 04-10-2010, 08:25 PM
Phantom Kat's Avatar
Phantom Kat Offline
ˇCon ganas!
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In my strretchy pants
Posts: 5,018
Send a message via AIM to Phantom Kat Send a message via MSN to Phantom Kat
Default Re: Reviving Dead Threads?

To add, if you find interest in an dead thread and believe people will contribute to it, you are free to make a new thread of it. I guess the only exception is threads that asked a question and it's dead because it has been answered.

- Kat
__________________

(Banner by the epic Neo Pikachu) TAC Challenge: I'm learning Finnish! ^-^

My Author Profile | URPG Stats | Kat x Bryce
  #14  
Old 04-10-2010, 08:28 PM
Masami Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Im British, Its not a big deal.
Posts: 898
Send a message via AIM to Masami Send a message via MSN to Masami
Default Re: Reviving Dead Threads?

You ruined the fun, Kathryn.
However I doubt that's your name.
  #15  
Old 04-10-2010, 08:40 PM
PEPITO1O1O's Avatar
PEPITO1O1O Offline
New Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5
Default Re: Reviving Dead Threads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masami View Post
You ruined the fun, Kathryn.
However I doubt that's your name.
Ok, I didn't guess this was going to get this many post(its not a lot, but i only expect like 2-3 posts)

@Kat, that makes sense, thanks :)
__________________
~The Dark Magcian~

~Dark Magic Attack!~
Credit: Izumi -Fr- or Izumi -Fr-
Come Join:
Dark Magician Academy & Freezig Rain
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com