Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling » Rate My Team

Rate My Team Get your competitive battling team rated here and get help with movesets and battling strategies.

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 03:33 AM
Myuu Offline

Default OU/Uber Funhouse

Deoxys Speed@Lum Berry
Pressure
Timid
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball

LEAD
What more can I say? Deoxys S is a perfect hazard layer. A massive 504 Speed stat gives it the ultimate coverage. Taunt could ruin a Scarf Darkrai, and Stealth Rock are guaranteed to be set up, and if luck comes my way, a few layers of Spikes can be set up. This Deoxys fills one of the most important roles of a team quite fittingly. Shadow Ball also ruins any other Deoxys trying to set up as well.

Celebi@Life Orb
Natural Cure
Modest
232 HP / 244 SpA / 32 Spe
- Thunder Wave
- Leaf Storm
- U-Turn
- Rest

'Tinkerbell'
Alot of things that switch into Celebi don't like paralysis "which makes you faster than the myriad of Pokémon eager to blast through one of Celebi's seven weaknesses." It gives the advantage from a heavy EV investment plus a Life Orb gives Leaf Storm the necessary boost to even cut through a max HP Tyranitar (with aid of Stealth Rock + Spikes) and U-Turn gets Celebi out fast when it's quite required. Rest also takes care of status plus full HP and Sleep isn't a problem because of Natural Cure.

Forretress@Leftovers
Sturdy
Relaxed
252 HP / 112 Atk / 144 Def
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake

Rapid Spin/Physical Offense
The idea is to boost Spikes up by one or two more layers while Rapid Spinning away any hazards on our side. A horrible 1 Speed IV relies Gyro Ball to be as best as it gets. It deals decent STAB pplus hitting hard on faster threats. EQ hits hard on Steel types not levitating or flying, and OHKO's common switch-ins.

Latias@Leftovers
Levitate
Timid
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
- Dragon Pulse
- Recover
- Roar
- Thunder Wave

Support
Latias first off is a great SpD wall. Namely fighting resistances, which rival Blissey has none of. It takes even a Nasty Plot Life Orb Hidden Power Ice Mixape won't OHKO, and a Max Attack Jolly Life Orb Close Combat ape won't even dent half, leavind a 2HKO Dragon Pulse in order. Roar withers Calm Minders away to prevent a game altering sweep. Dragon Pulse is a great STAB plus decent coverage while Recover gives instant healing compared to a move like Wish. Thunder Wave makes Switch-ins have a bit a difficult time. Max Speed outdoes Infernape while competing with Latios and Gengar at 110 base Speed.

Suicune@Leftovers
Pressure
Timid
228 HP / 64 SpA / 216 Spe
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Ice Beam

SubCune
With 404 HP from heavy EV investments for a 101 Substitute while firing off a few Calm Minds behind it. With about 2 or 3 Calm Minds it takes a O/2HKO from Spikes and Stealth Rock, and gets Zapdos out the air with 2HKO's.

Tyranitar@Leftovers
Sand Stream
Quiet
252 HP / 52 Atk / 176 SpA / 28 Spe
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Crunch
- Ice Beam

TyraniBoah
Bringing in Tyranitar often makes forces switch, good for setting up a Substitute.Then I can fire off Focus Punch and Crunch, while Ice Beam deals with Flying/Ground/Bug/Grass types. Not really much more to say about this set.
White: SPENCER 5157 3086 9831
Old 04-05-2010, 03:51 AM
SaviorSephiroth Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to SaviorSephiroth Send a message via MSN to SaviorSephiroth
Default Re: OU/Uber Funhouse

@Custom Metagame:

How to fix:
I. Don't use two Spikers. Use Psychic or Thunderbolt instead of Spikes on Deoxys.
II. You NEED a Spin-Blocker. Every Stall-based team needs one.

I recommend:

Rotom-h @ Choice Scarf
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

over Celebi, since your team is A LOT weak to steel threats like Scizor, Lucario and Gross.
Rotom can take care of these guys.

III. Reflect > Thunder Wave (Latias)
Use Reflect if you don't wanna to be a Pursuit Bait.

@ Smogon Metagame:

How to fix:
I. Deoxys is no longer an OU poké. Move Forrestress to the lead and use Payback on it.

II. Use the Rotom-h (the set is above).

I hope I helped. Good luck! :3
Old 04-06-2010, 12:24 AM
Myuu Offline

The problem is this team is in D/P and I'd rather not have to go through the process of trading them over, so do you have any suggestions to replace Celebi instead?
Old 04-06-2010, 12:37 AM
NTT Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myuu View Post
The problem is this team is in D/P and I'd rather not have to go through the process of trading them over, so do you have any suggestions to replace Celebi instead?
I'd say a dusknoir would be the next best thing as a bulky spin blocker on a stallish team, with a trick-band set running in a similar manner to the above trick-scarf one. Rotom form's are really the way you wanna go though, they make the best spin blockers in the game. Speaking of spinning, payback on forry would be preferable so you can hit spin blockers that come in on you.

EDIT: I've just seen Savior's already mentioned Forry =P

Wifi (Soul Silver): 1677 6730 3945
Shoddy Battle (Smogon Server): NTT
Pokémon Online (Beta Server): NTT
Old 04-06-2010, 03:05 AM
Dark_Azelf Offline

Umm Spikes on Forry and Deo is dumb. Use Toxic Spikes on Forry. They also beat Suicunes counters aka Bliss and Bulky waters. (Cune wants 252 hp to beat S-Toss Bliss).

Giratina or Giratina-O is also needed her for Rapid Spin blocking or the whole team and its aim is useless as soon as something with Rapid Spin shows up. Rotom works too, just dont use horrible Pursuit bait scarf set since you already have 2 Pursuit bait Pokemon aka Celebi and Latias (who should have Reflect to avoid it). This also helps your Gyarados weakness.

Gyro Ball is generally useless on Forretress these days. Horrible PP and doesn't really help it. Payback is much better as it lets you deal with ghosts aka the things that will be switching into you to block your spin. 2HKOing offensive Rotom and 3HKOing the bulkiest ones which means with SR up it will get worn down VERY easily each time it comes in to stop spin. It also OHKO's Gengar with Rocks up and in ubers 3HKO's Giratina-O. I also prefer Sp.Def evs >>> Attack evs as Forry is a great Latias check and it helps so much when setting up and lets him take Draco Meteors, Ice Beams, Shadow Balls and other special hits he resists very well, even more so in ubers. Payback lets you dispatch said Latias too 2hkoing it.

Tyaniboah is useless on this team. It doesnt even beat stall (Pert, Rest Talk Gyarados, Skarm, Forry all poop on it i.e the pokes who are always on stall) and just negates Suicunes vital lefties recovery.
OU Shoddy → #2 on ladder. (Smogon)
UU Shoddy → #1 on ladder. (Smogon)
NU Shoddy → #1 on ladder. (CAP)
Gen 4 WIFI Record → W ~92| L 8
Records Gen 5;
OU B/W → #1 on ladder. (Smogon)
LU B/W #1 Ladder (PO)
GSC OU → #3 on ladder. (PO)

Last edited by Dark_Azelf; 04-06-2010 at 03:17 AM.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:29 PM
Myuu Offline

I took the advice and put Rotom-H instead of Celebi, Payback+ToxicSpikes on Forry, and Reflect on Latias. I went with Choice on Rotom because I couldn't find anything better unless someone has a suggestion.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:45 PM
Dark_Azelf Offline

The Rest Talker is one of Rotoms best set

Rotom@Leftovers
252 HP / 176 Def / 80 S.Def
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunderbolt / Discharge