Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling » Rate My Team

Rate My Team Get your competitive battling team rated here and get help with movesets and battling strategies.

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 07:04 AM
matt252007 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default UU team

Hey there everybody. I'm going to be having a battle with a friend of mine using UU rules. I will probably also eventually bring this onto the Wi-Fi environment. I am completely brand new to the UU tier and for the most part tiers in general, so feel free to challenge my every thought. I assumed this would be the place to post? If not, feel free to redirect me. Anyways...here we go.

Espeon@Choice Specs
Ability: Synchronize
Nature: Timid (+Speed -Attack)
EVs: 4HP/252 Sp. Attack/252 Speed
-Psychic
-Hidden Power (Fighting)
-Signal Beam

-Trick

This is the lead. I know it's unusual. I thought a little Power Espeon would be a nice change of pace. If I see an over threatening pokemon I just switch the Choice Specs on over to them. Espeon's high speed will hopefully ensure that I can do this when I choose. Not TOO many things outrun it in the UU environment.

Blaziken@Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Mild (+Special Attack, -Defense)
EV's: 84 Attack/184 Special Attack/240 Speed
-Fire Blast
-SuperPower
-Thunderpunch
-Hidden Power (Ice)

Replaced the Ninetales with a lovely Choice Scarfed Blaziken. I'm really liking the versatility this thing has. Good type coverage and excellent stats to attack off of.

Rotom@Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid (+Speed, -Attack)
EV's: 252HP/252 Speed/4 Special Attack
-Discharge
-Will-O-Wisp
-Toxic
-Confuse Ray/Pain Split (Can't decide which one)

Replaced the Ampharos with Rotom. He gives me a rapid spin counter as well as being able to spread status through the battle. Will-O-Wisp cripples physical sweepers while Toxic takes care of tanks that like to stick around. I know the EV's are weird, but I want him to have some staying power so that he can cause as much chaos as possible.

Azumarill@Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
Nature: Adamant (+Attack, -Special Attack)
EVs: 252HP/ 240 Attack/ 16 Speed
-Aqua Jet
-WaterFall
-Return
-SuperPower

Changed Azumarill to the Choice Banding set. I tested this out on Shoddy some and it does remarkably well. The Aqua Jets do ridiculous amounts of damage.

Donphan@Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Adamant (+Attack, -Special Attack)
EVs: 48HP/252 Attack/208 Defense
-Earthquake
-Rapid Spin
-Stealth Rocks
-Assurance

Ahhhh, pure Rapid Spinning Stealth Rocking physical walling goodness.

[B]Umbreon@Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Nature: Calm (+Special Defense, -Attack)
EV's 252HP/ 252 Special Defense/4 Defense
-Heal Bell
-Payback
-Wish
-Toxic/Protect

I can't decide between Toxic and Protect. Toxic will give Umbreon a much needed alternative way to off pokemon, but Protect will help if they happened to already be burned or poisoned by my Rotom. I'm leaning more towards Toxic.

I've edited pretty much everything and added the pokemon that dark Azelf recommended as well as a couple of attempts at improving the team of my own (Such as Blaziken and Rotom). I realize Venusaur is missing, but I really don't know what to take out for him. Any suggestions on that? A little re-rate would be greatly appreciated.

All changes are in BOLD.

Well there it is. My first real attempt at a UU team. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by matt252007; 03-30-2010 at 12:41 AM.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:26 AM
SaviorSephiroth Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to SaviorSephiroth Send a message via MSN to SaviorSephiroth
Default Re: UU team

If you don't want to get sweeped by SubCM Raikou, make sure to put a decent Special Wall like Chansey with Seismic Toss.
However, your team is pretty strong, everything is covered correctly and your team have a nice offensive potential, except the fact your team is weak to SubCMs like Raikou and Mismagius.

Hope I helped.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:45 AM
matt252007 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaviorSephiroth View Post
If you don't want to get sweeped by SubCM Raikou, make sure to put a decent Special Wall like Chansey with Seismic Toss.
However, your team is pretty strong, everything is covered correctly and your team have a nice offensive potential, except the fact your team is weak to SubCMs like Raikou and Mismagius.

Hope I helped.
I appreciate your input. Yes, I can see that Raikou really giving me fits. A Chansey huh? I actually sort of wanted to prevent myself from using that. Are there any other walls that can effectively shut down Raikou/Mismagius? Also, I'm really not sure about my Ampharos. Would it be too crazy to trade it in for something else? I was actually thinking of Hitmonchan maybe? I don't know, please tell me if this is idea is too awful stupid. :S.

Last edited by matt252007; 03-26-2010 at 07:49 AM.
Old 03-27-2010, 12:27 AM
SaviorSephiroth Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to SaviorSephiroth Send a message via MSN to SaviorSephiroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt252007 View Post
I appreciate your input. Yes, I can see that Raikou really giving me fits. A Chansey huh? I actually sort of wanted to prevent myself from using that. Are there any other walls that can effectively shut down Raikou/Mismagius? Also, I'm really not sure about my Ampharos. Would it be too crazy to trade it in for something else? I was actually thinking of Hitmonchan maybe? I don't know, please tell me if this is idea is too awful stupid. :S.
There are a lot of ways to shut Raikou. The classic way is using massive Special Defense walls, like Chansey. Sad, but it's the best way. The second is using Dugtrio, reveng kill.
If you want to try something original, give a chance to Regice and use Psych Up on it. You can copy Raikou boosted stats and sweep as well. This also works for Mismagius too.

Also, I suggest Encore Clefable, specially for Mismagius. You can also run Stealth Rocks on it and it has Magic Guard (amazing trait), which negates secondary and field components like Spikes.

Hope I helped. Sorry for the crap english ;)
Old 03-27-2010, 05:41 AM
matt252007 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaviorSephiroth View Post
There are a lot of ways to shut Raikou. The classic way is using massive Special Defense walls, like Chansey. Sad, but it's the best way. The second is using Dugtrio, reveng kill.
If you want to try something original, give a chance to Regice and use Psych Up on it. You can copy Raikou boosted stats and sweep as well. This also works for Mismagius too.

Also, I suggest Encore Clefable, specially for Mismagius. You can also run Stealth Rocks on it and it has Magic Guard (amazing trait), which negates secondary and field components like Spikes.

Hope I helped. Sorry for the crap english ;)
A very informative post. I appreciate it. And don't you worry a bit about your English. It's ten times better than most. Lol, anyways, I really like the Clefable idea. I think that I'm going to insert it in for Meganium. I was thinking over going the "Toxic Encore" route. Here's what it's moveset would look like.

Clefable@Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Nature: Calm (+Special Defense, -Attack)
EV's: 252HP/252 Special Defense/4 Defense
-Toxic
-Seismic Toss
-Encore
-Softboiled

Thanks for your input SaviourSephiroth. It's greatly appreciated. I would however like a few more inputs about this team before I finalize it. Again, not that I don't appreciate your help, it's just more than one opinion can really shed some light on some things. Thanks for your help!

Last edited by matt252007; 03-27-2010 at 06:48 AM.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:54 PM
Dark_Azelf Offline

Clebable doesn't beat Misamgius, Nasty Plot Mismagius rips through it easily.

Umbreon beats both alot easier as Payback 3hko's Raikou whilst Raikou cant even 2HKO you with +2 T-Bolt most times so you easily win. Payback also OHKO's Mismagius whilst it struggles to do even 60% with a Nasty Plot Life Orb hidden Power Fighting.

Umbreon@Leftovers
252 HP / 252 S.Def / 6 Def
Careful Nature
- Wish / Moonlight
- Payback
- Protect / Heal Bell / Taunt
- Toxic / Heal Bell / Yawn

(Use Wish with Protect)

Belly Drum Azu doesn't work, there is too much priority for something so hit and miss to work. CBer is ALOT better, besides every UU team needs priority and Aqua Jet lets you not get swept by powerful sweepers which you currently cannot handle. See; RP Rhyperior, Moltres, Houndoom etc.

Espeon wants Psychic/HP Ground or Fight/Signal Beam or Shadow Ball/Trick. Second slot lets you not get lol'd at by Registeel whilst Grass Knot is rather useless. HP Fight also lets you not be Pursuit bait for Houndoom and Absol etc.

Toxic Spikes sink your whole team, use the much better Venusaur >> Meganium to absorb them who doesn't do anything apart from be set up fodder. You also dont need Aroma with Heal Bell on Umbreon. This also stops Hitmonlee @ going "rofl" at your whole team.
OU Shoddy → #2 on ladder. (Smogon)
UU Shoddy → #1 on ladder. (Smogon)
NU Shoddy → #1 on ladder. (CAP)
Gen 4 WIFI Record → W ~92| L 8
Records Gen 5;
OU B/W → #1 on ladder. (Smogon)
LU B/W #1 Ladder (PO)
GSC OU → #3 on ladder. (PO)

Last edited by Dark_Azelf; 03-27-2010 at 02:02 PM.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:49 AM
matt252007 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Azelf View Post
Clebable doesn't beat Misamgius, Nasty Plot Mismagius rips through it easily.

Umbreon beats both alot easier as Payback 3hko's Raikou whilst Raikou cant even 2HKO you with +2 T-Bolt most times so you easily win. Payback also OHKO's Mismagius whilst it struggles to do even 60% with a Nasty Plot Life Orb hidden Power Fighting.

Umbreon@Leftovers
252 HP / 252 S.Def / 6 Def
Careful Nature
- Wish / Moonlight
- Payback
- Protect / Heal Bell / Taunt
- Toxic / Heal Bell / Yawn

(Use Wish with Protect)

Belly Drum Azu doesn't work, there is too much priority for something so hit and miss to work. CBer is ALOT better, besides every UU team needs priority and Aqua Jet lets you not get swept by powerful sweepers which you currently cannot handle. See; RP Rhyperior, Moltres, Houndoom etc.

Espeon wants Psychic/HP Ground or Fight/Signal Beam or Shadow Ball/Trick. Second slot lets you not get lol'd at by Registeel whilst Grass Knot is rather useless. HP Fight also lets you not be Pursuit bait for Houndoom and Absol etc.

Toxic Spikes sink your whole team, use the much better Venusaur >> Meganium to absorb them who doesn't do anything apart from be set up fodder. You also dont need Aroma with Heal Bell on Umbreon. This also stops Hitmonlee @ going "rofl" at your whole team.
I really appreciate all of the in depth input. A question though if I may, You suggest replacing Meganium with Venusaur and putting Umbreon in. Where would I insert this Umbreon in my team? And what KIND of Venusaur would you suggest running? Also, I have toyed around with replacing one of two things...I was thinking of either replacing Ninetales with Agility Blaziken with Life Orb, or replacing Azumarill with a Bulking Up Poliwrath. Obviously it's one or the other. Or if you think both ideas are lame, please feel free to tell me so. Again, thanks for your help!
Old 03-30-2010, 12:36 AM
matt252007 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt252007 View Post
I really appreciate all of the in depth input. A question though if I may, You suggest replacing Meganium with Venusaur and putting Umbreon in. Where would I insert this Umbreon in my team? And what KIND of Venusaur would you suggest running? Also, I have toyed around with replacing one of two things...I was thinking of either replacing Ninetales with Agility Blaziken with Life Orb, or replacing Azumarill with a Bulking Up Poliwrath. Obviously it's one or the other. Or if you think both ideas are lame, please feel free to tell me so. Again, thanks for your help!
BUMP. It's been over a day. I've updated my team. I put quite a few new members in as well as alternate movesets for some others.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:11 AM
Leman Offline

Send a message via AIM to Leman

There is no reason to not use Alakazam over Epseon here. It has overall better stats and just does Espeon's job better than she does.

I also want to point out that you have a three choice users making it ridiculously easy for some bulky sweeper like RPTorterra or DDAltaria to get free set up on you team, and that's never good. Especially Torterra, since it runs through your team like its a wet paper bag. You just need to get your Rotom weakened a bit and you are skrewed. To fix this you will probably need to run a lot more Defense, to make sure it can take a Wood Hammer and burn it. I don't think Max speed is doing you many favors. You already have Azumaril and Umbreon who are decent checks for Moltres. DD Altaria works similary, but I think Umbreon with Toxic can stall it out pretty easily, and Azumarill can take a hit and KO with Ice Punch (Which you need to put on it over Return, if you dont listen to my next paragraph.) and Blaziken can Revenge it with HP Ice.

I'd reccomend SubPunch Azumarril instead of CB, so you wouldn't let this stuff set up so much. Focus Punch hits almost as hard as a CB Return, so yeah. (Sub/AquaJet/FP/IP)

Toxic>Protect. Payback is going to be doing crap damage. You could put Protect over that.

Good Luck.

Done: 8680

I don't ref forum battles/1v1s. Don't PM me to ref, IM me instead.
I need to have basic battles.

I grade week old stories that are Hard rank or lower. :)

Old 04-06-2010, 04:03 AM
Dark_Azelf Offline

Payback is needed so Mismag and Raikou <anything with sub that you are supposed to be beating like Rotom> cant set up on you. It doesn't do crap damage, it hits what it needs to, 3hkoing Raikou and OHKOing Mismagius for example.

Either way, Wish without Protect really sucks since you lose to 3HKO's aka everything. You'll want Moonlight if you use Toxic in the last slot.
OU Shoddy → #2 on ladder. (Smogon)
UU Shoddy → #1 on ladder. (Smogon)
NU Shoddy → #1 on ladder. (CAP)
Gen 4 WIFI Record → W ~92| L 8
Records Gen 5;
OU B/W → #1 on ladder. (Smogon)
LU B/W #1 Ladder (PO)
GSC OU → #3 on ladder. (PO)
Closed Thread