Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling » Rate My Team

Rate My Team Get your competitive battling team rated here and get help with movesets and battling strategies.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #331  
Old 10-10-2009, 04:55 AM
hsb39's Avatar
hsb39 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,384
Default Re: New: Official PE2k D/P/Pt Tier List

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubatheDiverman View Post
Ok. This is what I get from listening to people on youtube. >_>
Whilst I have my problems with smogon (they're pretty arrogant), the youtube community is irrationally, ridiculously anti-smogon.
__________________
I am currently trying to think of something witty and original to put in my signature.
  #332  
Old 10-13-2009, 04:24 AM
Misa's Avatar
Misa Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 310
Default Re: New: Official PE2k D/P/Pt Tier List

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsb39 View Post
Whilst I have my problems with smogon (they're pretty arrogant), the youtube community is irrationally, ridiculously anti-smogon.
Well I can see why. They irrationally made decisions that made most of the Youtube Community tick off multiple times so I can see why Youtube is against them.

It's like starting a troll thread on a random board and expecting people to accept it.
__________________


Sig made by me <3
DS Friend code: 0388 0422 8434
Wii friend code:

I'm up for any battles, but I also do uber battles as well, whether it be singles or doubles.
  #333  
Old 10-13-2009, 04:52 AM
hsb39's Avatar
hsb39 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,384
Default Re: New: Official PE2k D/P/Pt Tier List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misa View Post
Well I can see why. They irrationally made decisions that made most of the Youtube Community tick off multiple times so I can see why Youtube is against them.

It's like starting a troll thread on a random board and expecting people to accept it.
Misa, you can argue against smogon's decision, but your description about how they made that decision is just innacurate.

The community as a whole started to get suspicious of Garchomp's tier placing, as it was rampagin about the #1 spot wreaking havoc, and a bit too many teams were completely based around Garchomp. This happened mainly after the creation of YacheChomp. Then they decided to make it a suspect. During that Suspect time the people had to get a good rank to be able to vote, to do that, most of them *used* Garchomp to *win* (going against the common notion of "you couldn't beat Garchomp), over at least a month of testing. And then they voted (and I should note that if you really feared it this much, you could have easily tried to vote, although I do think that the voting system could be better). Garchomp was voted Uber by a landslide.

It's fine to disagree with them, but saying it was just some irrational decision, especially considering that most of them found this out by using Garchomp in the cheapest way they thought it could be used, is not just ad hominem, but an inacurate one (like me saying "ah, but you have a big nose!" when you don't).
__________________
I am currently trying to think of something witty and original to put in my signature.
  #334  
Old 10-26-2009, 04:15 PM
Master Aqua's Avatar
Master Aqua Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Scotland
Posts: 8,969
Send a message via AIM to Master Aqua Send a message via MSN to Master Aqua
Default Re: New: Official PE2k D/P/Pt Tier List

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsb39 View Post
Misa, you can argue against smogon's decision, but your description about how they made that decision is just innacurate.

The community as a whole started to get suspicious of Garchomp's tier placing, as it was rampagin about the #1 spot wreaking havoc, and a bit too many teams were completely based around Garchomp. This happened mainly after the creation of YacheChomp. Then they decided to make it a suspect. During that Suspect time the people had to get a good rank to be able to vote, to do that, most of them *used* Garchomp to *win* (going against the common notion of "you couldn't beat Garchomp), over at least a month of testing. And then they voted (and I should note that if you really feared it this much, you could have easily tried to vote, although I do think that the voting system could be better). Garchomp was voted Uber by a landslide.

It's fine to disagree with them, but saying it was just some irrational decision, especially considering that most of them found this out by using Garchomp in the cheapest way they thought it could be used, is not just ad hominem, but an inacurate one (like me saying "ah, but you have a big nose!" when you don't).
I personally see garchomp and skymin as bl pokesmon oviously the metagame can cope with either one of them in it and they can cope beter with them out it. But the question is now for garchomp look pal we know you overcentrilise the metagame but are you really capible of A: sweeping team with little fuss? B: are you able to support teams wich lead them to an unfair advatange and C: can you wall out a significant portion of the metagame.

A: is the only one we need to focus on and prove or disprove whever or not chomp can sweep a significat portion of the metagame or not. Bearing in mind this time around it's scarf chomp ubers the most used and should be scrutinasied the most for why?

Now lets look at scarf chomp, can he sweep through a significat portion of the metagame? Answer I think is no he can't earthquake is resisted or has immunity to a large part of the metagame such as gengar, celebi, latias, gyarados, zapdos, skagmory ect with the lack of poker to hur hippowndon swampert ect. Ourage is walled by every steel in ou and fire fang walled by bulky waters heatran and hippowdon. It takes predicition to sweep teams with choice chomp of any kind and prediction is an ureible way of judging a pokemon.
  #335  
Old 10-27-2009, 06:36 AM
hsb39's Avatar
hsb39 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,384
Default Re: New: Official PE2k D/P/Pt Tier List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malomyotismon View Post
I personally see garchomp and skymin as bl pokesmon oviously the metagame can cope with either one of them in it and they can cope beter with them out it. But the question is now for garchomp look pal we know you overcentrilise the metagame but are you really capible of A: sweeping team with little fuss? B: are you able to support teams wich lead them to an unfair advatange and C: can you wall out a significant portion of the metagame..
I personally think that there is another thing that is missing from smogon's definitions: Does it's existence make the game significantly less fun? (overcentralisation is mostly needed for that). I believe that Skymin has a greater focus on that, because it created a much more hax based metagame, but it applies to Chomp as well.

Quote:
Now lets look at scarf chomp, can he sweep through a significat portion of the metagame? Answer I think is no he can't earthquake is resisted or has immunity to a large part of the metagame such as gengar, celebi, latias, gyarados, zapdos, skagmory ect with the lack of poker to hur hippowndon swampert ect. Ourage is walled by every steel in ou and fire fang walled by bulky waters heatran and hippowdon. It takes predicition to sweep teams with choice chomp of any kind and prediction is an ureible way of judging a pokemon
It was never banned for Choice sets, but instead YacheChomp, none of the Pokemon you listed are counters for YacheChomp (that is saying that it doesn't always have to SD, especially since it can just attack on the second switch).
__________________
I am currently trying to think of something witty and original to put in my signature.
  #336  
Old 10-27-2009, 11:31 AM
Master Aqua's Avatar
Master Aqua Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Scotland
Posts: 8,969
Send a message via AIM to Master Aqua Send a message via MSN to Master Aqua
Default Re: New: Official PE2k D/P/Pt Tier List

yanche chomp is dead the reason why people do not use it much now is due to latias and garchomp it's self precence in ou too risky for garchomp to risk beeing revenge killed to carry it now it has lost it's effectiveness and now a diffrent approtch is required. scarfmenece and scarfkingdra also hurt the yanche chomp sceme through the later is rare.

a meassly 12% of garchomp use yanch whilem it's 40% that use choice scarf and there has got to be good reason for that which is one of the 2 reasons why I am ignoring yanche chomp? I mean the only real reason why people use choice is because it must be beter in some way more suited for teams so it is now the susspect item on chomp sure yanche something to look at but just say latias and there gose yanche.
  #337  
Old 03-30-2010, 12:26 AM
Akai Shizuku's Avatar
Akai Shizuku Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Somewhere, beyond the sea...
Posts: 3,301
Default Re: New: Official PE2k D/P Tier List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainstorm View Post
I thought Medicham was BL? To be quit honest it's not that great there are plenty of better physical sweepers and his speed holds him back. He can be good at times but i think he fits more into the UU/BL tier.
Thread title needs to be updated to include HG/SS.
__________________
BLACK FC: 3912 1708 6632
PEARL FC: 1936 4860 9224

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best." -Karen
~I support Leading Light Communism~
  #338  
Old 04-03-2010, 04:52 AM
Leman's Avatar
Leman Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: You have one guess
Posts: 8,639
Send a message via AIM to Leman
Default Re: New: Official PE2k D/P Tier List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akai Shizuku View Post
Thread title needs to be updated to include HG/SS.
The following pokemon have moved to the following tiers:
BL: Honchkrow, Roserade, Yanmega
UU: Aggron, Alakazam, Rhyperior, Donphan, Froslass, Milotic
NU: Electrode, Miltank, Primeape, Ninetales
__________________
My VPP

Done: 8680

I don't ref forum battles/1v1s. Don't PM me to ref, IM me instead.
I need to have basic battles.

I grade week old stories that are Hard rank or lower. :)


  #339  
Old 04-03-2010, 05:20 AM
Akai Shizuku's Avatar
Akai Shizuku Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Somewhere, beyond the sea...
Posts: 3,301
Default Re: New: Official PE2k D/P Tier List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leman View Post
The following pokemon have moved to the following tiers:
BL: Honchkrow, Roserade, Yanmega
UU: Aggron, Alakazam, Rhyperior, Donphan, Froslass, Milotic
NU: Electrode, Miltank, Primeape, Ninetales
Why is Primeape NU, as well as Froslass, Alakazam and Milotic now UU?
__________________
BLACK FC: 3912 1708 6632
PEARL FC: 1936 4860 9224

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best." -Karen
~I support Leading Light Communism~
  #340  
Old 04-05-2010, 02:22 AM
Leman's Avatar
Leman Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: You have one guess
Posts: 8,639
Send a message via AIM to Leman
Default Re: New: Official PE2k D/P Tier List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akai Shizuku View Post
Why is Primeape NU, as well as Froslass, Alakazam and Milotic now UU?
Because in my opinion they have proved not broken in those respective tiers in battles. Feel free to challenge that with some solid reasoning.
__________________
My VPP

Done: 8680

I don't ref forum battles/1v1s. Don't PM me to ref, IM me instead.
I need to have basic battles.

I grade week old stories that are Hard rank or lower. :)


  #341  
Old 04-05-2010, 02:24 AM
Akai Shizuku's Avatar
Akai Shizuku Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Somewhere, beyond the sea...
Posts: 3,301
Default Re: New: Official PE2k D/P Tier List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leman View Post
Because in my opinion they have proved not broken in those respective tiers in battles. Feel free to challenge that with some solid reasoning.
No challenge, I just thought Milotic would be used a lot more than it apparently is.
__________________
BLACK FC: 3912 1708 6632
PEARL FC: 1936 4860 9224

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best." -Karen
~I support Leading Light Communism~
  #342  
Old 04-05-2010, 10:38 PM
xCer13erusx's Avatar
xCer13erusx Offline
New Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5
Default Re: New: Official PE2k D/P/Pt/Hg/Ss Tier List

I thought ninjask was ou o.o
__________________
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com