Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General » Trainer's Court

Trainer's Court The Trainer's Court! Where the URPG hold it's trials.

Old 03-31-2010, 08:41 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun
Default Re: Expansion: The Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeveedude View Post
1=Legend, 2-3=Rare, 4-6=Intermediate, 7-10=Uncommon, 11-15=Common, (16=Special).

I think that's a pretty fair rate. Just my two cents. ^.^ *is shot*
This is the one I use, since it was what sheepskin used when she showed me how to do it. I wasn't aware there was an "old system" at the time. :3
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

iamnotyou11 (00:41:35): scrotom?

ASB|URPG

Old 03-31-2010, 09:40 PM
Bumblebee16 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Bumblebee16 Send a message via MSN to Bumblebee16 Send a message via Yahoo to Bumblebee16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsuzo-kun View Post
This is the one I use, since it was what sheepskin used when she showed me how to do it. I wasn't aware there was an "old system" at the time. :3
I gave that to Sheep because that is the way I was taught to do it, but I didn't know there was another way to do it? This way seems pretty fair though, its random and not by choice.

Old 04-01-2010, 04:42 AM
TsukiKaiki64 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to TsukiKaiki64 Send a message via Yahoo to TsukiKaiki64

Quote:
I'm not a part of the Park Commitee but as a Ranger, I think that it would be an extremely good idea to create a mandatory rarity rate.

Suggestion: In the rate I think replacing rare with special (in the case of a special map) is sort of punishing the person using it. Because if you think about it that person is paying 5,000 bucks and I think its kind of a rip off to just replace special with Rare. Eli gave me this...

1=Legend, 2-3=Rare, 4-6=Intermediate, 7-10=Uncommon, 11-15=Common, (16=Special).

^ I got that too, but with 1-5 Common, 6-9 Uncommon, etc...

Since no one I've taken has used the map, I haven't needed to deal with that yet. But I think I would just add a number 16 if it ever came across. Personally, this one here seems a bit more fair then the other old one. With this one, you will most likely get 5 commons, three uncommon, two intermediate, two rare and one legend (though the common seems to always be higher than five). With the other one you have way less of a chance to get a legend or a rare mon. But that's just my one and a half cents.

Paired with my love, the incredibly awesome and amazingly fantastic Shock <3
Black and White Teams

Black FC: Alexa, 5243 2120 8993
Old 04-01-2010, 06:40 AM
Iridium Offline

Send a message via AIM to Iridium Send a message via MSN to Iridium

Quote:
I'm not a part of the Park Commitee but as a Ranger, I think that it would be an extremely good idea to create a mandatory rarity rate.

Suggestion: In the rate I think replacing rare with special (in the case of a special map) is sort of punishing the person using it. Because if you think about it that person is paying 5,000 bucks and I think its kind of a rip off to just replace special with Rare. Eli gave me this...

Agreed with most of these things. I used to use the old rolling system, but revising it doesn't seem a bad idea at all.

<3
Old 04-01-2010, 12:59 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

Okay, so it seems we all want a set rolling method.

1-5 = Common
6-9 = Uncommon
10-12 = Intermediate
13-14 = Rare
15 = Legend

This will be the way to roll for Mon in the future.

As for the Special Map...I was thinking to lower the price, or maybe to get rid of it completely and just combine the Special Pokemon with the Rare. I like the idea of having special areas you can only reach with the Map, but no one ever buys them these days and 5,000 (and even 3,000) is a lot to spend when you might not run into any Rare Pokemon. So I think it's better to either lower it so it's not such a blow to someone's money or get rid of it entirely. What do you guys think would be best?

Also, don't forget to comment on the others issues I've listed a few posts ago. If I don't get any feedback on some of this stuff in a few more days I'll have to start deciding things myself @__@.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 04-01-2010, 06:19 PM
TsukiKaiki64 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to TsukiKaiki64 Send a message via Yahoo to TsukiKaiki64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog of Hellsing View Post

EDIT2: Also, which threads do you guys think need to remain Stickied over there, and which ones could we possibly do without or combine with existing threads?
^ Touching on that sugject. I definitly think we have to keep the Park Question, Park Shop and the Sign-Up. Ranger List should be combined with the Park Encyclopedia, like it is with the refs. Park Rules is a good thing to keep stickied too =P
In the Ranger Logs thread-thing, I believe all those those should also be kept stickied.
And in the Pokemon RP area, just take out the Pokemon Claims and maybe move that the to Ranger Log area? Make it a bit less cluttered, especially if we gonna divide the Main RP threads. But wasn't that going to get its on sub-board?

And that's my other half cent P=

Paired with my love, the incredibly awesome and amazingly fantastic Shock <3
Black and White Teams

Black FC: Alexa, 5243 2120 8993
Old 04-01-2010, 06:37 PM
Eeveedude Offline

Send a message via AIM to Eeveedude

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsukiKaiki64 View Post
^ Touching on that subject. I definitely think we have to keep the Park Question, Park Shop and the Sign-Up. Ranger List should be combined with the Park Encyclopedia, like it is with the refs. Park Rules is a good thing to keep stickied too =P
In the Ranger Logs thread-thing, I believe all those those should also be kept stickied.
And in the Pokemon RP area, just take out the Pokemon Claims and maybe move that the to Ranger Log area? Make it a bit less cluttered, especially if we gonna divide the Main RP threads. But wasn't that going to get its on sub-board?

And that's my other half cent P=
:O Can you organize my room for me? :P jk

But I agree with pretty much every thing she said here.

EDIT: The Capture Rate thread and the new Encounter Rate could be combined with "Info for Rangers".

Last edited by Eeveedude; 04-01-2010 at 06:40 PM.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:16 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

Quote:
Flare: Eh, you mean the URPG in general, or the Park, or...I'm confused XD.

Now then, here are the major things we've discussed and in some cases already decided:
  1. Park prices will be lowered by 50% for x number of weeks (I think two is sufficient) in order to allow bURPGers to automatically jump into the Park without spending too much time getting money for it first. OR we can offer a one-time Shop Credit, perhaps $3,000, as well as a one-time half-off Entry Fee/Extra Pokemon Permit, which I honestly like better. It would be a bit more to keep track of, but by the time they're done with their first visit and are able to come into the Park again, bURPGers should have more than enough money to pay normal prices for everything.
    • PROPOSAL: Offer a one-time Shop Credit ($3,000?) that lets bURPGers get necessary items such as Park Balls, as well as a one-time half-off pass on the Entry Fee and all Extra Pokemon Permits.

2. The Main RP will be broken down into its separate areas and each area given its own thread. DECIDED

3. The Main RP and the Individual RPs should have their own sub-boards.
    • PROPOSAL: So far we've got Harry and Erai who back this. I'd like to see what the rest of you think. If you agree I'll ask Phoenix to add a third sub-forum and all. I suggest that all Stickies currently in the RP sub-board here be copied and pasted into both sub-boards if we do this, so a person doesn't have to constantly jump from one sub-board to another in order to access the Stickies. If the Main RP gets its own sub-board the area threads won't be Stickied, since there'd be no reason to do so.

4. There will be two Front Gates; one here and one at 'Garden. The Front Gate for the Main RP will be Stickied and be shared for all areas, as will be the case here. There will also be a Front Gate Sticky for the Individual RP sub-board, but it will technically be the same as the one for the Main RP. DECIDED

=====

I think right now these are the main points that need to be addressed.
What about these things?

EDIT: Just want to throw out there, since I know most people aren't aware of this: if a person encounters THREE OR MORE of any single Pokemon, the Ranger can reroll ONE TIME for each of those encounters after the second. So if a Trainer is running into four Caterpie, I can reroll for two of those. These rerolls are final and cannot be re-rerolled.

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 04-01-2010 at 08:32 PM.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:36 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun

Quote:
Flare: Eh, you mean the URPG in general, or the Park, or...I'm confused XD.

Now then, here are the major things we've discussed and in some cases already decided:
  1. Park prices will be lowered by 50% for x number of weeks (I think two is sufficient) in order to allow bURPGers to automatically jump into the Park without spending too much time getting money for it first. OR we can offer a one-time Shop Credit, perhaps $3,000, as well as a one-time half-off Entry Fee/Extra Pokemon Permit, which I honestly like better. It would be a bit more to keep track of, but by the time they're done with their first visit and are able to come into the Park again, bURPGers should have more than enough money to pay normal prices for everything.
    • PROPOSAL: Offer a one-time Shop Credit ($3,000?) that lets bURPGers get necessary items such as Park Balls, as well as a one-time half-off pass on the Entry Fee and all Extra Pokemon Permits.

2. The Main RP will be broken down into its separate areas and each area given its own thread. DECIDED

3. The Main RP and the Individual RPs should have their own sub-boards.
    • PROPOSAL: So far we've got Harry and Erai who back this. I'd like to see what the rest of you think. If you agree I'll ask Phoenix to add a third sub-forum and all. I suggest that all Stickies currently in the RP sub-board here be copied and pasted into both sub-boards if we do this, so a person doesn't have to constantly jump from one sub-board to another in order to access the Stickies. If the Main RP gets its own sub-board the area threads won't be Stickied, since there'd be no reason to do so.

4. There will be two Front Gates; one here and one at 'Garden. The Front Gate for the Main RP will be Stickied and be shared for all areas, as will be the case here. There will also be a Front Gate Sticky for the Individual RP sub-board, but it will technically be the same as the one for the Main RP. DECIDED

=====

I think right now these are the main points that need to be addressed.
I think that having some form of credit, or discount, will definitely help attract attention, and draw people into the Park. If you think back to when you first started, $3,500 for entry and then however much it costs for the items would seem like a lot, especially when you're not experienced in a URPG Profession like reffing or grading. I think you should probably go with what you've come up with, it seems pretty fair, not too much or too little. Maybe raise the credit to $5,000 though, I dunno if that's too generous or not.

I also agree with the Main RP and Individual RPs being separated into different sub-boards. It seems like the best way to keep things tidy, especially if the different outposts of the Main RP will have their own threads.

I don't really know what else you want or need me to comment on, so I'll just leave it there.
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

iamnotyou11 (00:41:35): scrotom?

ASB|URPG

Old 04-02-2010, 01:39 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Lol, announcement everyone!

After talking with Sam, we've agreed that BULBA-ONLY members will get a one-time Park discount that makes the Entry Fee and any Extra Pokemon Permits half-off the first time a Trainer enters the Park. Also, they get a $5,000 Shop Credit, which works the same way; it's applied only the first time they post in the Shop. This special will run for five days, which gives everyone a chance to get in on the deal.

Also, the Special Map will be removed and an extra number will be added to the Encounter Rolls method; 16, which will be for Legends now, with 15 being given the spot for Special. So instead of having 1-15 for determing rank, it'll be 1-16.

The combining of Rare and Special Mon will take place here as well as at Garden, but the discount only happens at Garden for Garden-members only.

*Goes to post in the General feedback thread.*

EDIT: Had to change the plans around, cuz combining the Special and Rare ranks had a serious flaw. So now everyone rolls a 16-sided die instead of a 15-sided one when it comes to determining rank.

[09:17] ttar trainer: Special Pokemon have the same chance of being encountered as Legends
[09:17] Sam: ;_;
[09:17] ttar trainer: I think that makes up for the fact that we don't need to pay 5k to try and run into any now
[09:18] Sam: kay

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 04-02-2010 at 02:23 PM.