Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Old 03-31-2010, 08:40 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi
Default Re: Ranks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela View Post
And also.. When Polls and stickies go unattended for couple of weeks members just seam to lose interest
^^^^^

That's the reason I stopped getting actively involved every week. Angela had to wait around for a long time get polls added, and a lot of people forgot about it, I think.

Old 03-31-2010, 08:43 PM
miyoun Offline

Send a message via MSN to miyoun Send a message via Skype™ to miyoun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombi View Post

^^^^^

That's the reason I stopped getting actively involved every week. Angela had to wait around for a long time get polls added, and a lot of people forgot about it, I think.
Thats why I stopped for awhile. Because it took so long to get set up and the polls/voting took longer than the actual BOTW.

With Easter/Summer it WILL get more active again. Even if it didn't and we stopped, people would probably complain it wasn't there

don't wanna be a sing sing boy | twitter | last.fm
Old 03-31-2010, 08:45 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiume View Post
Even if it didn't and we stopped, people would probably complain it wasn't there
Same with Sprite of the Week. Why did that die? Because the host didn't put up the results so people thought 'screw you then'. It's the same thing.

Old 04-01-2010, 02:20 AM
Ken Offline
Elite Trainer

In my opinion there should be a rank of something like "BotW Owner" and "SotW Owner" and these guys can put up polls. ^^
Old 04-01-2010, 02:48 AM
animated_monkey Offline

Thanks! So basicly its like if you're an official, you can post polls, and possibly sticky threads, and approve stuff. not realy a moderator, but a person with a little more power.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:06 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
In my opinion there should be a rank of something like "BotW Owner" and "SotW Owner" and these guys can put up polls. ^^
We don't need an owner or rank for that, any person willing to do it can. c: And Cait, I haven't seen much problem in the art section lately - yes I have been patrolling - but you know you guys can always point out problems to me. I'm not so busy anymore. xD

Ange, I stickied the polls etc. yesterday, feel free to PM me for that too, but as for creating polls I can't help you there though we ARE working on it - and mod issues as well. Don't fret!

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links
Old 04-01-2010, 01:51 PM
Operative Offline

Send a message via MSN to Operative Send a message via Skype™ to Operative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumori Gem View Post
I'm not so busy anymore. xD
But don't you still not have internet access?

|thedynamicduo|
Old 04-02-2010, 04:41 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operative View Post

But don't you still not have internet access?
Actually, I do. =3 I have access at Uni, a horrid and slow (but useful!) wireless broadband USB at home, and wireless net at my dad's.

I'm set. xD

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links
Old 04-02-2010, 02:39 PM
Operative Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumori Gem View Post
Actually, I do. =3 I have access at Uni, a horrid and slow (but useful!) wireless broadband USB at home, and wireless net at my dad's.

I'm set. xD
Well then get on more often, Gemma. ^^

|thedynamicduo|
Old 04-16-2010, 12:54 AM
Calypso Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Calypso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiume View Post
I think in general it would be nice to be able to do Polls yourself in the Art Contest section. I'd hate to be in Angela's permission and be left to ask G-Mods to do something an Art mod should be doing in the first place.

I think the Art boards needs more ACTIVE mods. You and Ana are the only two I ever see on when I'm on and I don't think its cutting it.
Yeah, just while we're on the topic of inactive mods, the Pokemon anime/manga board is in dire need of a good overhaul. Seriously, that section is dismal, with spam and duplicate threads comprising most of the first page. No offence to the current anime mods, but I barely ever see them take action, or even post for that matter.

rantrant.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:23 AM
Operative Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calypso View Post

Yeah, just while we're on the topic of inactive mods, the Pokemon anime/manga board is in dire need of a good overhaul. Seriously, that section is dismal, with spam and duplicate threads comprising most of the first page. No offence to the current anime mods, but I barely ever see them take action, or even post for that matter.

rantrant.
Not like it's ever visited at all. But maybe if more news was added about new episodes/movies/chapters and such we'd get new members who watch/read it and are interested in the anime and manga. The only person doing much in that section is Adam (MODMODMOD) but that's rare as he hasn't been very active until a few days ago.

A lot of our boards are pretty much dead. We rarely see any activity in Anime/Manga, Languages, Written work and so on and so forth. I think that we need to get a big group of whoever (preferably gmods, mods and officials) to post news about their section ever so often to get some activity going.

/off topic

But yes. It would be nice to at least see titles for Angela, Ken, and such so they can add polls instead of waiting 2-3 days for Ana or Gem to add them. I know they do go around often patrolling/locking threads/deleting posts and such but I think sometimes they're just busy and i takes them a while to get to it. But I'm no sure we need much more than that, really.

|thedynamicduo|
Old 04-16-2010, 05:35 AM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operative View Post

Not like it's ever visited at all. But maybe if more news was added about new episodes/movies/chapters and such we'd get new members who watch/read it and are interested in the anime and manga. The only person doing much in that section is Adam (MODMODMOD) but that's rare as he hasn't been very active until a few days ago.

A lot of our boards are pretty much dead. We rarely see any activity in Anime/Manga, Languages, Written work and so on and so forth. I think that we need to get a big group of whoever (preferably gmods, mods and officials) to post news about their section ever so often to get some activity going.

/off topic

But yes. It would be nice to at least see titles for Angela, Ken, and such so they can add polls instead of waiting 2-3 days for Ana or Gem to add them. I know they do go around often patrolling/locking threads/deleting posts and such but I think sometimes they're just busy and i takes them a while to get to it. But I'm no sure we need much more than that, really.
I think the only reason people aren't in these dead threads is that members who actually post legit discussable topics are occupied with personal matters or play in the URPG, talk about HeartGold/SoulSilver and do Wi-Fi and Shoddy, Chat in the Chat board, obsess over artwork, or chat amongst their little groups, thus limiting the activity in the other boards and opening opportunites to allow spammers and other unwanted folk messing about in the dead boards. I therefore agree with the mods and other members who are normally active in the dead boards to add some news like spoilers of the newest anime episode for the Anime/Manga board and a writing contest for the written work board.