Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General » Trainer's Court

Trainer's Court The Trainer's Court! Where the URPG hold it's trials.

Old 03-14-2010, 12:46 PM
Trainer17 Offline
Shōrai no Kaizoku-ō

Send a message via AIM to Trainer17 Send a message via MSN to Trainer17 Send a message via Skype™ to Trainer17
Default Expansion : The Welcoming Committee

The Welcoming Committee
It was about time I posted this. First up, our responsibilities in this Committee.

Responsibilities:
- Developing a plan to attract and guide new URPG members
- Organizing events for new members on BMG
- Proposals of promoting the URPG in other ways, such as through facebook or twitter.

Chair: Trainer17
Table Cloths: Fierce Deity, Eeveedude, Keion

I'll be outright honest and be frank. That third responsibility is going to bring nothing but trouble. I mean, Facebook/Twitter are things which are too much stuck into real life. This is a Pokemon Forum. I'm sure there are people who wouldn't their friends to know that they're in a Pokemon Forum/etc. Intrusion of Privacy much. I'm going to strike that out for now.

First point. Something to attract new URPG Members. It somehow coincides with the second, "Organizing events", and that alone would bring up activity at any point URPG might be close to dieing. We have school, work, or etc in real life, but an Event, provided that its hosted at the right time, will boost up activity. I'm sure you guys have been in some events of the URPG at one point or another, and you can tell how much fun it is, regardless of the countless number of spam fests up in AIM Chat rooms. I have come across a particular thread in BMGf; with regards to how they host their events, thus, take a look here. Very simple.

Our AIM = Their IRC

This might also bring up a new question. So where do we host future events of the URPG, AIM or IRC? With regards to the thread brought up by Harry aka Hkim right here, I'm thinking we might have to suit to two places. Depending on how the situation goes of course. I'm more customed to AIM than IRC, but I'd like to hear out from you guys. I'll also have to talk to AiedaleEclipsed, the Head of KPU @ BMGf, but he once taught me how to use that IRC and I've been there. Nothing different compared to our AIM, but it did look a bit complexed(in terms of signing in) and whatnot. To cut things short, let me put up the different kinds of Events that has been hosted here, in the URPG on AIM. If I have missed out anything, do point it out.

1 - Auctions

2 - Tournaments(including Forum FFAs)/Story Writing Competitions

3 - Quizzes/Questionaires

4 - Giveaways/Park Events

5 - Summer Parties(with all kinds of Events merged)

6 - Special Occasion Events(Valentine's, Easter, etc)

7 - Miscellaneous(Lottery, Item Exchange, Banner Contest etc)

Next up, is "Guiding new URPG Members". There was a concern of this fact brought up by Aiedale here. There's already a in-depth guide or so called The Rules, which gives an insight to all the New Members of the URPG of what to do/etc after signing up. Frankly, I did not even have the time to read all those up, and It was way better when someone(experienced in the URPG) explained it to me, more like a summarization of what had to be done(courtesy to Crimson Rose and Ataro who taught me a lot of stuff in the URPG). So the thing is, would a thread(filled up with information) at BMGf be enough or should we implement any other ways to "guide" them? Are there any other forms of Events we can bring up(which of course is unique/different than what we have?)

So my clean Table Cloths, share your thoughts/views/opinions about these few matters.

Paired with Jaye l My Family l Wifi League
Old 03-16-2010, 02:48 AM
Fierce Deity Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to Fierce Deity Send a message via MSN to Fierce Deity Send a message via Skype™ to Fierce Deity
Default Re: Expansion : The Welcoming Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainer17 View Post
The Welcoming Committee
It was about time I posted this. First up, our responsibilities in this Committee.

Responsibilities:
- Developing a plan to attract and guide new URPG members
- Organizing events for new members on BMG
- Proposals of promoting the URPG in other ways, such as through facebook or twitter.

Chair: Trainer17
Table Cloths: Fierce Deity, Eeveedude, Keion

I'll be outright honest and be frank. That third responsibility is going to bring nothing but trouble. I mean, Facebook/Twitter are things which are too much stuck into real life. This is a Pokemon Forum. I'm sure there are people who wouldn't their friends to know that they're in a Pokemon Forum/etc. Intrusion of Privacy much. I'm going to strike that out for now.
Agreed. I only made the Fan Page 'cause I was bored, and because it was mentioned before that we "needed" one.

First point. Something to attract new URPG Members. It somehow coincides with the second, "Organizing events", and that alone would bring up activity at any point URPG might be close to dieing. We have school, work, or etc in real life, but an Event, provided that its hosted at the right time, will boost up activity. I'm sure you guys have been in some events of the URPG at one point or another, and you can tell how much fun it is, regardless of the countless number of spam fests up in AIM Chat rooms. I have come across a particular thread in BMGf; with regards to how they host their events, thus, take a look here. Very simple.

Our AIM = Their IRC

This might also bring up a new question. So where do we host future events of the URPG, AIM or IRC? With regards to the thread brought up by Harry aka Hkim right here, I'm thinking we might have to suit to two places. Depending on how the situation goes of course. I'm more customed to AIM than IRC, but I'd like to hear out from you guys. I'll also have to talk to AiedaleEclipsed, the Head of KPU @ BMGf, but he once taught me how to use that IRC and I've been there. Nothing different compared to our AIM, but it did look a bit complexed(in terms of signing in) and whatnot. To cut things short, let me put up the different kinds of Events that has been hosted here, in the URPG on AIM. If I have missed out anything, do point it out.

1 - Auctions

2 - Tournaments(including Forum FFAs)/Story Writing Competitions

3 - Quizzes/Questionaires

4 - Giveaways/Park Events

5 - Summer Parties(with all kinds of Events merged)

6 - Special Occasion Events(Valentine's, Easter, etc)

7 - Miscellaneous(Lottery, Item Exchange, Banner Contest etc)
We should get familiar, or at least try, the IRC out first. By we, I mean TWC. If things are too complicated and may bring problems up, we can keep Events AIM-exclusive, which shouldn't be much of a problem either, considering that meebo is still available for those that can't download/install AIM for some reason.

Next up, is "Guiding new URPG Members". There was a concern of this fact brought up by Aiedale here. There's already a in-depth guide or so called The Rules, which gives an insight to all the New Members of the URPG of what to do/etc after signing up. Frankly, I did not even have the time to read all those up, and It was way better when someone(experienced in the URPG) explained it to me, more like a summarization of what had to be done(courtesy to Crimson Rose and Ataro who taught me a lot of stuff in the URPG). So the thing is, would a thread(filled up with information) at BMGf be enough or should we implement any other ways to "guide" them? Are there any other forms of Events we can bring up(which of course is unique/different than what we have?)

So my clean Table Cloths, share your thoughts/views/opinions about these few matters.

An organized thread with thorough information would be a good jump-start for them. If any other necessary things need to be included, then we can also implement those. For example, a good way to guide people for the story section of URPG would be to post one of Kat's or Bryce's stories; A good way to guide people for battling would be to form a list of "most used Pokemon" in the URPG, or Pokemon that would fair better off against others (and don't bs and say that's not possible if you have skill, because we all know a Plusle has no chance against something like Electivire). The latter of the two seems pretty effective, but it would be quite a challenge to make a list of most used Pokemon. But if we do come to an agreement and enact on this, then I could contribute a lot to it.
MY SIX CENTS.l

WAR XI Team: .

Last edited by Fierce Deity; 03-16-2010 at 02:50 AM.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:48 AM
Eeveedude Offline

Send a message via AIM to Eeveedude

It looks like you've thought of pretty much everything.

I suppose one of the first events should be a national park event. That would allow them to get some cash, get started with their NP item stash. And maybe we could give away some pokemon?

Btw, as for the item prizes, I think they should be super basic things such as balls, repels, cameras, etc... I'm thinking that a bunch of new items *cough*pokédisguises*cough* would be confusing and wouldn't really help anyone.

Concerning the IRC v. AIM. I'm thinking that the IRC would be more "new user" friendly, considering the fact that you don't need to go through the process of getting an account and installing the IM program. Obviously AIM would not be deserted but I would think it would be wise to at least start out with our first events using IRC.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:58 PM
AiedailEclipsed Offline

In regards to IRC, you really don't have to sign in constantly. Juuuust if you don't want someone to steal your nickname (aka nick). But even then by installing the completely free client I can give you an easy walkthrough on how to set it up and have it set to "automatically" log you in. Just tell me what to do on the IRC front and it shall be done.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:14 PM
Eeveedude Offline

Send a message via AIM to Eeveedude

Okaaay. I had a good idea. =O

I'm thinking we should have a Team Forum FFA (Hosted on BMG). The pairs would each consist of one PE2Ker and one BGer.

These would give the opportunity for us to teach them individually, ease them into their first FFA, and allow inter-forum friendships to be made easily.

Also, as an extra rules all pokemon should automatically be evolved and know all of their moves.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:08 AM
Fierce Deity Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to Fierce Deity Send a message via MSN to Fierce Deity Send a message via Skype™ to Fierce Deity

I like the idea of a Forum Team FFA hosted on BMG. It would help ease things and give them an opportunity to gain some experience, while learning a thing or two, from an experienced URPGer. And also;

SunPhoenixKnight (7:20:52 PM): I think it'd be cool.
SunPhoenixKnight (7:21:04 PM): Also, we MUST utilize IRC :D

He seems to like it, but he strongly feels that we should utilize their IRC, which we could attempt to use if we did a Team FFA. If we manage to work it with ease, we could do a Team FFA rather than forum, but if not, then we could stick with a forum FFA.

WAR XI Team: .
Old 03-17-2010, 01:38 AM
AiedailEclipsed Offline

Lol. That was more like "LOL I'M HYPER. AND I'D REALLY LIKE TO USE THE IRC SINCE I'VE ALREADY GOT LIKE EIGHTEEN OTHER CHANNELS OPEN."
Old 03-17-2010, 10:26 AM
Keion Offline

Send a message via AIM to Keion

I like the Forum Team FFA. I only wonder about teams "teaming" with other teams. It would just get messy. Anyways, I liked this idea as BMG people would get big money early in their early URPG days. Imagine if it would be a 70-80 people FFA, the BMG member who won would have more money than other members, thus enabling him to overtake the others.

Oh, and I would love to have those newbie auctions where only people with money below $10 000 are allowed to join. I believe we had one of those last year, I think. I would have loved to join that, unfortunately time failed me ;-;

~|Keion|~
Old 03-19-2010, 03:06 AM
Trainer17 Offline
Shōrai no Kaizoku-ō

Send a message via AIM to Trainer17 Send a message via MSN to Trainer17 Send a message via Skype™ to Trainer17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeveedude View Post
Okaaay. I had a good idea. =O

I'm thinking we should have a Team Forum FFA (Hosted on BMG). The pairs would each consist of one PE2Ker and one BGer.

These would give the opportunity for us to teach them individually, ease them into their first FFA, and allow inter-forum friendships to be made easily.

Also, as an extra rules all pokemon should automatically be evolved and know all of their moves.
Doesn't seem like a bad idea, but Keion has a good point. Teaming with other Teams. Lol, FFAs once encouraged Teamwork. But when I ref FFAs nowdays, it takes so much damn time for the final 3 or 4 to move, lol. Not to mention n00bs who swear on AIM Chats. Things could really go well, nasty, or just plain nasty. Depends really. But I'm in for this idea.

About the IRC thing, I must get back to Aile and ask him to teach me to fully "utilize" it. Once I've gotten a good hang of it, then it'd be easy for me to understand more about the wonders of IRC.

With regards to National Park Event, lol, I'll have to talk it out with DG and see what random crap we can think for the collaboration of BMGf + Pe2k URPG.

Paired with Jaye l My Family l Wifi League