Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » First & Second Generations

First & Second Generations Discuss the first and second generation games: Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver and Crystal.

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 03:31 AM
DJLO Offline
New Trainer

Default Wait, i can't trade to the new Generations!?!?

NOOOOOOO!!!!! I've just recently started playing Silver again, trying to get some pokemon to eventually transfer up to the new games. The I learned...I CAN'T DO THAT?! WTF? this is really aggravating, like, whats the point of all the pokemon i've captured?!

I mean, it wouldn't be a big deal if they would just stay with me forever, but apparently the BATTERY WILL DIE AND ERASE THEM?! agggh, all those hours of softresetting for a shiny lugia...wasted...

i dont really wanna play Silver anymore knowing that i wont be able to take them with me...

anyone else feeling my frustration?
Old 03-14-2010, 04:11 AM
Mr420 Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr420
Default Re: Wait, i can't trade to the new Generations!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJLO View Post
NOOOOOOO!!!!! Then I learned...I CAN'T DO THAT?! WTF?
how did you learn of this and Why can't you trade them? sorry to be all 20 questions.

Pokérus Empire
Old 03-14-2010, 04:32 AM
Bumblebee16 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Bumblebee16 Send a message via MSN to Bumblebee16 Send a message via Yahoo to Bumblebee16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr420 View Post
how did you learn of this and Why can't you trade them? sorry to be all 20 questions.
I think he means the old Silver version (GBC) to the newer version games

Old 03-14-2010, 05:10 AM
austbot Offline

Send a message via AIM to austbot Send a message via Yahoo to austbot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblebee16 View Post
I think he means the old Silver version (GBC) to the newer version games
Acctualy you can but it will take a while. first silver to fire red. then firered to ruby. then ruby to emrald. then emrald to pearl. then pearl to platinum. then platinum to hg/ss. atleast i think this would work. but idk. and sorry if ny spelling is bad cause im doing this on my dsi although im suppose to be asleap xD
Old 03-14-2010, 05:20 AM
Alienshroom Offline

Yea, it stinks. I dont think they are going to do anything like that anymore though. However hacking is so bad for these games putting effort into anything is rather pointless.
Old 03-14-2010, 05:50 AM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Send a message via AIM to Lord Celebi Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by austbot View Post
Acctualy you can but it will take a while. first silver to fire red. then firered to ruby. then ruby to emrald. then emrald to pearl. then pearl to platinum. then platinum to hg/ss. atleast i think this would work. but idk. and sorry if ny spelling is bad cause im doing this on my dsi although im suppose to be asleap xD
Um, what?

Red/Blue/Yellow/Gold/Silver/Crystal cannot interact with any of the modern generation games at all.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:23 AM
austbot Offline

Send a message via AIM to austbot Send a message via Yahoo to austbot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Celebi View Post
Um, what?

Red/Blue/Yellow/Gold/Silver/Crystal cannot interact with any of the modern generation games at all.
oh well that just sucks cause i didnt know 100% cause the first game i EVER traded on was diamond to pearl xD
Old 03-14-2010, 07:05 PM
Michelle8936 Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Michelle8936

Yeah, the first two generations (RBY/GSC) can't trade to the two newer ones (RSE/DPPt/HGSS) because of the limited functions on the GBC games.
I thought that was common knowledge; I mean, I've known since I was 10

Y'see, natures and all that weren't incorporated into the games until Gen 3, so trying to trade between them won't compute on the new games.
I dunno about EVs and IVs and all that, though. I was still pretty clueless when I was 10 XD

Anyways, that's why they remade the GSC games into HGSS, so people who wanted to experience or continue their trip in Johto/Kanto could do it without their battery dying on them constantly.
That, and they knew it'd sell like hotcakes, making them richer than they need to be.

Old 03-14-2010, 10:59 PM
Tasteless Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tasteless

IVs used to only go up to 15, and EVs didn't exist, instead there was "stat experience" which was a sort of early form of EVs. That and no natures, so yeah, like it's been said, old Pokemon wouldn't "compute" on the new games.

Also in the old games, whether a Pokemon was "shiny" was based on IVs, and now it's based on PID, so it wouldn't work there either.

I'm glad that things start to become untradeable, it helps so that they can actually update the mechanics and make them fit. :)

Apparently 101% of all teenagers are homosexual. Who knew?
Old 03-15-2010, 10:28 PM
General Offline
New Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle8936 View Post
I thought that was common knowledge; I mean, I've known since I was 10
I'm struggling to determine how you didn't know this information; Michelle is right, I thought it was quite simple to pick up? :/
Old 03-16-2010, 02:23 PM
Starkipraggy Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Starkipraggy

I thought Crystal could trade to Pokemon Stadium 2 and then from there you could trade to R/S/E. It was pretty much the only way you could get a Surfing Pikachu up till Colosseum came out. Yeah.

Mons are here though

私はグレダーです--I am a Grader
Old 03-16-2010, 05:55 PM
Psycho__Ryan Offline
Master Trainer

Angry Re: Wait, i can't trade to the new Generations!?!?

You'd think you would be able to, too, but NO, Nintendo won't let me play GB games on DS! Jerks...
Old 03-17-2010, 06:27 AM
DJLO Offline
New Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by General View Post
I'm struggling to determine how you didn't know this information; Michelle is right, I thought it was quite simple to pick up? :/
i guess you were wrong? i never got past crystal so how would i have known?
Old 03-17-2010, 06:20 PM
-Holland- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to -Holland- Send a message via MSN to -Holland- Send a message via Yahoo to -Holland-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkipraggy View Post
I thought Crystal could trade to Pokemon Stadium 2 and then from there you could trade to R/S/E. It was pretty much the only way you could get a Surfing Pikachu up till Colosseum came out. Yeah.
I wish that were, true, but it's not, so...= /

But let me clarify by saying that all Pokemon games released before 2003 (the release of Ruby and Sapphire) have no connectivity whatsoever with the games released after 2003. This is because Ruby and Sapphire introduced a complete overhaul of the training system with new IV properties, natures, and a more delicate EV training process. All the Pokemon before 2003 weren't designed the same way, and thus they couldn't be transferred. It's kind of unfortunate, but I, for one, enjoyed abusing Suicune's god-like stats in Stadium 2 while it lasted.

My Battle Log
Old 03-18-2010, 06:44 PM
theajshow Offline

I am constantly amazed that people that are so into Pokémon enough to join an online forum and all that still don't know all that much about the games. It's a fair question and all, just surprising is all. But then again, I guess that's why you would join the forum in the first place, to learn is all. Anyways, for what it's worth. I'm pretty sure all the games list what other games they are compatible with on the box, so FYI for next time.