Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General » Trainer's Court

Trainer's Court The Trainer's Court! Where the URPG hold it's trials.

Old 03-12-2010, 03:43 PM
Marth Offline

Send a message via AIM to Marth Send a message via Yahoo to Marth
Default Re: Expansion: The Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog of Hellsing View Post
Cool, so basically we'll transfer our stats back and forth then?

If that's the case we might as well allow inter-forum trading.

Anyways, I'm going to talk to Phoenix about getting a sub-board for the Park for the RP section. Otherwise, if we have to shove everything for the Park under one board, it'll get WAY to cluttered and disorganized.

If we have to we can make a thread archive for Ranger Stats, but the RP section needs its own sub-board, period.

We should discuss possible thread merge'ings and unstickies in order to help keep the Park board as organized as possible.
Whoever said not allowing inter-forum trading? It has been discussed, and it will of course be allowed.
We are not "transfering back and forth our stats"; if you began on PE2K you will update your stats on PE2K, and the same is true for BMG. Nothing complicated on that =D
BlueJelloJelly (12:00:35): What, you going to kill me with your Wynaut?
ClockKnight (12:06:07): bidoof use take down on wynaut
ClockKnight (12:06:50): wynaut use counter!
ClockKnight (12:06:58): ko
StunkyLupus (12:07:04): OWNEDDDDDDD
Old 03-12-2010, 03:46 PM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

Quote:
Cool, so basically we'll transfer our stats back and forth then?

If that's the case we might as well allow inter-forum trading.

Anyways, I'm going to talk to Phoenix about getting a sub-board for the Park for the RP section. Otherwise, if we have to shove everything for the Park under one board, it'll get WAY to cluttered and disorganized.

If we have to we can make a thread archive for Ranger Stats, but the RP section needs its own sub-board, period.

We should discuss possible thread merge'ings and unstickies in order to help keep the Park board as organized as possible.

Don't worry Jess, you can have any sub-boards within the Park Sub-Board you want, and as many as you want, though I might question your sanity if you start being ridiculous.

The boards are starting to be set up on BMG, though I'm only giving access to URPG leaders and certain committee chairs.

As for the stats, Jess, I think it works like this. You only have one set of stats, either on PE2K or BMG, but not both. That stats is what you refer to and edit during your URPG career. So for example, if you have your stats on PE2K like I do, that's what you use. I can buy an item on BMG, participate in BMG contests, and battle URPG members from BMG, but I will always use the PE2K stats and refer to them if anyone asks. That way, there isn't the confusion of having two different stats.

If I wanted to move my stats to BMG, I would have to close down my PE2K stats (probably by deleting my posts) and then post new stats on BMG.

Ultimately, the idea is that we are all URPG, whether PE2K or BMG. We can fight whoever we want, trade with whoever we want, play on either board. Just having stats on one board makes it easier on the trainers and easier on the leaders.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 03-12-2010, 03:46 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

I thought that most people were against inter-forum trading?

And I meant that we're going to keep our stats on both forums, correct? So if I go to 'Garden I use my stats here on PE2K, and if someone comes here they use their stats on 'Garden?

*Totally not discussion about the Park XD.*

EDIT: Nvm this, Harry posted before me. WHY DO YOU PEOPLE KEEP NINJA'ING ME?! @__@

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 03-12-2010, 04:11 PM
Eraizaa-kun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Eraizaa-kun

Okay, so, once the URPG opens in BMG, what do we really need to do to open the Park there besides copy/pasting every thread? We do need sub-forums and such.

It does worry me a bit that the whole concept will be new and since they will just be starting out, they might not have enough money to actually go on Park Expeditions.

However, that might actually help the Park. We should post everything about the Park along with the URPG so that people can read, familiarize themselves with it since they won't be able to jump into it until they have enough money. And with them needing to buy new mons too and new moves, it might take some time.

We should also keep links to URPG Park RPs as examples so that they know how different the National Park can be from regular RPs too.

The one thing about the Park I still think needs changing is that we should have one Main RP per location. ... ...hmm....Hey, what if we move the Main RP to BMG and keep the individual RPs here?

The problem with there being one Main RP per location is the clutter of stickies along with the clutter of individual RPs, but, if there are only Main RPs in BMG, then there's no clutter.

People would come to PE2K's Park for individual RPs and to BMG for Main ones. I think that would work.

What do you guys think?
Old 03-12-2010, 04:19 PM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

Mmm, I don't like the idea of forcing people to register at another forum simply to access content that's not available on their forum. They should have all available content.

Another idea, Eraizaa, if we're worried about the storyline for main rp, is to simply have it take place on another part of the island. The island is HUGE. You can easily have two main park entrances where PE2K members enter on one side and BMG members enter on the other.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 03-12-2010, 05:18 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

I spoke with someone from 'Garden and they expressed a keen dislike of having things solely on PE2K, forcing members of 'Garden to join here in order to take part in those things. So, we have to make both the Main RP and the Individual RPs available to both forums.

Harry's idea works; there will be two Main Entrances. One on one side of the Park and one on the other. The areas will be shared by both forums, but each one will have its separate Main Entrance.

As for sub-boards, we'll only need Pokemon RP and Ranger Logs, like here. We can copy+paste most of the stuff we've got here, but there are things we can probably compress into fewer threads to help keep it tidy and organized (or some threads that might not need to be stickied at all).

As for prices, we can always either leave them the same and give people the time to gain money and Mon, or we can offer discount prices for say, the first month, in order for people to jump right in. After all, 'Garden members seem to be all over the RPing board there, and I talked with Phoenix; apparently, he feels the Park is going to be very popular because of how much everyone there RPs. It didn't take most of us very long to get the hang of RPing to catch Mon; I don't think it'll take the 'Garden people long, either.

Thoughts?

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 03-12-2010, 09:48 PM
Eraizaa-kun Offline

Personally, the whole two main entrances thing sounds good, as does there being a discount for the first month or so. It'll really get people into the park faster.

Still, no ideas on how to make one Main RP for each location to make them easier? After all, if people want to interact with each other during these RPs, it'll be annoying for there to be so many posts in between from other locations with people they can't interact with. There might be a lot of Group RPs, yes, but I think it's worth it.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:54 PM
AiedailEclipsed Offline

Ask for boards and I will answer. But anyway, you can have as many thing that you want.
Old 03-13-2010, 02:19 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

@ Erai: Hmmm...I'm not sure if we could do a single shared main RP, unless we take it to a neutral place like a Proboards forum, where members from both forums could come and post without having to make a post here and then the same post there in order to get a chance to interact with someone on a different forum.

Don't know if I like requiring people to sign up for yet another forum, though. Thoughts?

@ Phoenix: We only need the two sub-boards I PMed you about, but I really do appreciate the response. I'll start going through the main threads here soon, editing things that need it and getting them ready for copying to 'Garden once the sub-boards are up.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 03-13-2010, 04:41 PM
TsukiKaiki64 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to TsukiKaiki64 Send a message via Yahoo to TsukiKaiki64

(Posting here, finally)

I personally like the idea of a Proboards Main RP, since making accounts there is super easy. As long as the people who decide to do that there have the same usernames as they do on their forum, I see no issue with that.

As for the Indiviual RPs, I believe that as long as there are enough Rangers on each board, the trainer can decide where he/she wants their RP.

And I think a discount would be cool to have for the first month or so, seeing as the Garden likes their Roleplays :3

Paired with my love, the incredibly awesome and amazingly fantastic Shock <3
Black and White Teams

Black FC: Alexa, 5243 2120 8993
Old 03-13-2010, 04:50 PM
Eraizaa-kun Offline

Quote:
@ Erai: Hmmm...I'm not sure if we could do a single shared main RP, unless we take it to a neutral place like a Proboards forum, where members from both forums could come and post without having to make a post here and then the same post there in order to get a chance to interact with someone on a different forum.
That has nothing to do with what I was trying to say. ^^;

I meant that somehow we need to fix the concept of the Main RP so that...let me give you an example of what we have:

Post 1: Abandoned Powerplant (trainer 1)
Post 2: Outter Heaven
Post 3: The Great Lakes
Post 4: Mt. Oktori
Post 5: Abandoned Powerplant (trainer 2)
etc...

See, in this example, there are 3 other locations in between Post 1 and 5, so it gets messy if the trainer from Post 1 wants to communicate with the one from Post 5, specially if in the next few posts you get more people from the other 3 locations.

What I wish we could do is to have an Abandoned Powerplant Main RP, an Outter Heaven Main RP, a Great Lakes Main RP, etc. One per location so that every trainer in it can communicate with the next without the clutter of posts from other locations in the middle.

And about having a 3rd forum, I think it would be too complicated so, National Park RPs from PE2K won't be able to communicate with the ones from BMG.
Old 03-13-2010, 05:17 PM
TsukiKaiki64 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to TsukiKaiki64 Send a message via Yahoo to TsukiKaiki64

@ Eraizaa: Actually, that is a good point and the reason that I, personally, don't ever want to go in the Main RP -hides-
If we do have a proboards site for the Main RP, it would be extremely easy to have a seperate thread for each Park area. It would make things so much less confusing and then the trainers will always know who they have a chance of meeting during their visit.

And on light of that, what would happen to the people who are currently in the Main RP (or are at the time of the opening of the Park at the Garden? Would they just finish their current expedition and then the next time around go to this new proboards site.

Yeah, I know this is all if we have a nueteral site, but I think it's a good idea D:

Paired with my love, the incredibly awesome and amazingly fantastic Shock <3
Black and White Teams

Black FC: Alexa, 5243 2120 8993
Old 03-13-2010, 05:46 PM
Bumblebee16 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Bumblebee16 Send a message via MSN to Bumblebee16 Send a message via Yahoo to Bumblebee16

@Eli: I never liked the Main RP because to me, they looked cluttered with other areas of the park, but with Individual Main RPs that would make them look better imo. That way people in the Power Plant only have to read posts from other people in the Plant and vise versa. So I like your idea :]

Old 03-13-2010, 06:17 PM
AiedailEclipsed Offline

I could set you all up with a MyBB board on my server with relative ease, if you so wish.
Old 03-13-2010, 07:48 PM
Eraizaa-kun Offline

We could also just get a new Sub-forum for the National Park and devide the RPs.

Like, instead of the Sub-forums being "Ranger Logs" and "Pokemon RP", they would be "Ranger Logs", "Individual RPs" and "Main RPs" (or Group RPs).

That way, we wouldn't have to fill the RP sub-forum with stickies.

Each RP sub-forum should have its own Front Gate, information and such.

What do you guys think?