Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 03-07-2010, 06:29 PM
BlaziFan Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to BlaziFan
Default [IDEA] The PokéTribune

The PokéTribune is basically a fake newspaper with news, and interviews with trainers (and sometimes talking Pokémon!) Anyone can write an article and it's totally awesome!

Also, it's a spin-off of my friend Deltaprime's Transformers Tribune.

Should I go with this idea?
Old 03-08-2010, 11:33 AM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey
Default Re: [IDEA] The PokéTribune

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaziFan View Post
The PokéTribune is basically a fake newspaper with news, and interviews with trainers (and sometimes talking Pokémon!) Anyone can write an article and it's totally awesome!

Also, it's a spin-off of my friend Deltaprime's Transformers Tribune.

Should I go with this idea?

Interesting. Try writing something, and post it here, so we can see more of what you're talking about. I've never read Deltaprime's Transformers Tribune, but I'd like to see what kind of length we're talking about, how well you take modern issues and Pokémon-ize them (if that is your method of writing this), etc. You could even go further and add other writers, just like a normal newspaper.

Old 03-09-2010, 11:04 PM
BlaziFan Offline

Okay, here goes nothing!

An Interview With The Two Mews
By Blaze (The Talking Blaziken)

Blaze: Hello, I'm here with two of the most famous legendaries. Please welcome Mew and Mewtwo!

Mewtwo: Uhh Blaze? That's not a video camera, it's a tape recorder.

Blaze: Sorry, I was once a substitute for Jay Leno.

Mewtwo: So pitiful.

Blaze: I know... So, what do you think of the new remakes, HeartGold and SoulSilver?

Mew: Well, I think it's just great. I mean, fans of the Johto Saga have had to wait 10 years for these, and I really hope they continue with the success of the Pokémon games for years to come.

Mewtwo: I've always been partial to the G/S/C games. Even though Game Freak made my home, Cerulean Cave, collapse, I still commend them for their hard work.

Blaze: How does it feel to be legendaries?

Mew: Well, there's this pressure that I feel that I'm supposed to be "The King of Pokémon" or something. Luckily, the title goes to Arceus--

Mewtwo: No, it doesn't. It goes to me! I AM the strongest out of them all. Just ask Palkia.

Mew: Palkia? That lying idiot? He's just lying.

Mewtwo: Lying idiot? I think not--

Blaze: Hey, hey, hey!! Cool it, you guys! I'm trying to do an interview!

Mew: Sorry, Mewtwo just gets delusional.

Mewtwo: Hmph. Delusional, my ass!

Blaze: Ayayayayayay! Back to the interview. Mew, why do you feud with Mewtwo?

Mew: Mainly because he's of the self-absorbed, narcissant, egomaniacal type. That and he beats me in arm-wrestling.

Blaze: Wait, you can actually arm-wrestle with those nubs you call arms?

Mew: Yes.

END OF INTERVIEW
Old 03-09-2010, 11:38 PM

I was hoping for something a little more... like a newspaper. Here's an intro that acts as an example.

Quote:
SEABREAK PATH - Last Friday, Cynthia, Sinnoh's Champion, had succeed in winning a three-on-three all-out Pokémon match with Lucian, Sinnoh's highest ranking of the Elite Four, for the third year in a row, allowing her to keep her title and her legacy.

"You know, it's just amazing, the bond between Pokémon and humans," the three-time champ said Saturday, on a press conference re-instating Cynthia into the Hall of Fame. "Sometimes, Pokémon can give love that won't stop giving. I think everyone can achieve this relationship with their Pokémon, just as I have."

For the third year in a row she has won the title of champion, and this means that her instruction of the Trainer's School all over Sinnoh will also be reinstated, along with her job of running the Sinnoh League, which includes picking seven of the eight gym leaders, the eighth always traditionally being the fifth runner-up in the league, which has again, resulted in Volkner, Sunyshore's Electric-type gym leader.

"It's kind of funny," Volkner told us in a recent interview. "Not only are the achievements of humans being recognized, but the achievements of their Pokémon are starting to get fame. And it's kind of nice. It's good to give credit where credit is due, and for me, it's to my Pokémon, especially my first." Volkner's first Pokémon was a Pikachu, given to him by Professor Rowan fifteen years ago. It evolved into a Raichu five years ago, when Volkner received a Thunderstone when first winning fifth place in the Sinnoh league, when he first took up the job of gym leader.

Cynthia had announced Wednesday that she was going to participate in the seven-region Champion blowout, with Cynthia coming out in fourth place last year. She will also be competing for the title of the seven-region Champion which she is yet to attain, along with Battlus of the Orre region, Lance of the Kanto and Johto regions, Wallace of the Hoenn region, Drake of the Orange Islands, Mysterial of the one-city region of PokéTopia, this year including Palmer of the Johto and Sinnoh Battle Frontiers, and Brandon of the Hoenn Battle Frontier, along with Steven Stone, who represents the Sevii Islands. The current champion is the five-time winner Stone, who relinquished his title as Hoenn Champion to Wallace last year, only to be offered the Sevii Islands this year.

Last year, the order of champions went as follows (note that the Sevii Islands and the Battle Frontiers were not included last year):

1. Steven (Hoenn)
2. Lance (Johto and Kanto)
3. Mysterial (PokéTopia)
4. Cynthia (Sinnoh)
5. Battlus (Orre)
6. Drake (Orange Islands)

Last edited by Professor Geoffrey; 03-09-2010 at 11:42 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:58 PM
BlaziFan Offline

When I said news, it included interviews.

And besides, great article! Maybe you should post in the PokéTribune topic I just posted!
Old 03-12-2010, 12:32 AM

You could still make the interview newspaper like, though. Include quotes like I did in my article numerous times, and use fluff detailing, putting numerous facts after quotes. Your questions can be unquoted. Here's another (albeit smaller) example.

Quote:
SEABREAK PATH - Last Friday, Cynthia, Sinnoh's Champion, had succeed in winning a three-on-three all-out Pokémon match with Lucian, Sinnoh's highest ranking of the Elite Four, for the third year in a row, allowing her to keep her title and her legacy.

When we asked her about her about what she thought about Pokémon, she wittingly replied, "You know, it's just amazing, the bond between Pokémon and humans. Sometimes, Pokémon can give love that won't stop giving. I think everyone can achieve this relationship with their Pokémon, just as I have."

For the third year in a row she has won the title of champion, and this means that her instruction of the Trainer's School all over Sinnoh will also be reinstated, along with her job of running the Sinnoh League, which includes picking seven of the eight gym leaders, the eighth always traditionally being the fifth runner-up in the league, which has again, resulted in Volkner, Sunyshore's Electric-type gym leader.

Asking to explain the whole process, we were shocked that she laughed. "It's quite hectic. Lots of paperwork to do, and we also have to worry about funding. And in the current recession, it's the worst of times."

Old 03-12-2010, 08:58 PM
NES2 Offline

I would help. i'm not a big fan-fic writer, but I could add some lulz to the articles....