Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General » Trainer's Court

Trainer's Court The Trainer's Court! Where the URPG hold it's trials.

Old 03-11-2010, 06:43 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora
Lightbulb Expansion: The Park

It was only actually mentioned once, but concerns have been raised about the Park and the idea of bringing it along during expansion. Discuss the idea and any ways to make any kind of transition smooth.

This discussion is obviously under the domain of the Roleplaying Committee.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:08 PM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim
Default Re: Expansion: The Park

I think Ataro suggested the same thing you mentioned earlier. A phased introduction of certain URPG sections like the Park. Since the Park is not core to general URPG gameplay, it can be started on BMG a little later when things have been settled a bit more.

That's one suggestion I've heard.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:59 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

I personally don't mind waiting a bit after the URPG's initial release on 'Garden to integrate the Park. It gives us more time to discuss exactly how to get everything moved over, and if certain things need to be condensed or dropped altogether to make it more accessible.

I don't agree with FD that the Park is too unstable to move, but I wouldn't mind a bit more time to get everything together.

If it turns out that we're going to be using our home stats no matter what board we're on, we can keep the Park here and just have 'Garden URPGers come here to do their RPing. That would take care of the issue of moving entirely. It would also make it nearly impossible for someone to go through the Park twice at the same time (once here and once at 'Garden) unless they create a clone account.

In the future we may decide to open a Park at 'Garden, but perhaps for now the best bet may just be to keep it here and prevent it from being abused.

Thoughts?

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 03-11-2010, 08:17 PM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

Mmm, having two different features at each forum seems kind of unfair. We don't want to establish a branch on BMG, only to tell them that they have to register at PE2K if they want to participate in this exclusive content.

Phased introduction is okay as we'll eventually introduce the feature to their board.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:34 PM
sheepskinfuton Offline

Send a message via AIM to sheepskinfuton

So for the first few months, or however long we'll need to get everything set up over there, would BMGers who think they have a grasp of the Park system be able to come over here to go through the Park?

And if we ever do decide to open the Park on BMG, would we send a few of our Rangers over there for a few weeks/months to run their Park until they can get Rangers of their own?

That seems like the most logical idea so they don't have a bunch of Rangers who don't fully understand what to do.

supermonkey07 (11:45:01 PM): lol
(11:45:03 PM): silly sheep
(11:45:10 PM): trying to act like people do
(11:45:14 PM): talk the people talk
(11:45:16 PM): eat the people food
(11:45:20 PM): but you're just a sheep
[URPG] [Links]
Old 03-11-2010, 09:35 PM
Marth Offline

Send a message via AIM to Marth Send a message via Yahoo to Marth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog of Hellsing View Post
I personally don't mind waiting a bit after the URPG's initial release on 'Garden to integrate the Park. It gives us more time to discuss exactly how to get everything moved over, and if certain things need to be condensed or dropped altogether to make it more accessible.

I don't agree with FD that the Park is too unstable to move, but I wouldn't mind a bit more time to get everything together.

If it turns out that we're going to be using our home stats no matter what board we're on, we can keep the Park here and just have 'Garden URPGers come here to do their RPing. That would take care of the issue of moving entirely. It would also make it nearly impossible for someone to go through the Park twice at the same time (once here and once at 'Garden) unless they create a clone account.

In the future we may decide to open a Park at 'Garden, but perhaps for now the best bet may just be to keep it here and prevent it from being abused.

Thoughts?
I don't believe the park should be delayed. They are very accostumed to RP'ing in BMG, and the park could prove to be the BEST way to capture a Pokémon for them.
BlueJelloJelly (12:00:35): What, you going to kill me with your Wynaut?
ClockKnight (12:06:07): bidoof use take down on wynaut
ClockKnight (12:06:50): wynaut use counter!
ClockKnight (12:06:58): ko
StunkyLupus (12:07:04): OWNEDDDDDDD
Old 03-11-2010, 09:39 PM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marth View Post
I don't believe the park should be delayed. They are very accostumed to RP'ing in BMG, and the park could prove to be the BEST way to capture a Pokémon for them.

That might be true. From my research into BMG, they have more roleplaying activity than story-writing activity. It might be a more popular section than Stories over here.

We do have a few months to get this set up as well.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:43 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepskinfuton View Post
So for the first few months, or however long we'll need to get everything set up over there, would BMGers who think they have a grasp of the Park system be able to come over here to go through the Park?
That would be the case. It's not supposed to be two separate URPGs, but two halves of the same system. I do think that we should bring the Park to BMG eventually, but like Jess said, it should take longer and come in phases so we don't crash and burn.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:45 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

I wasn't saying we should delay because they might not be ready. I was simply saying that I wouldn't mind waiting a bit beyond the rest of the URPG so we have a bit more time to get everything together. If we're ready to go when the rest of the URPG is, then I don't see why we should wait in opening the Park there.

As for making it exclusive to PE2K, I was just offering a suggestion. Personally I'd rather see a Park at 'Garden as well. My biggest concern is someone from PE2K or 'Garden making a secret account on the other forum in order to go through the Park at both sites at the same time. Though of course, sense we most likely won't be allowing inter-forum trading, it won't really do anyone any good to do so except to get Mon for both stats.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 03-11-2010, 09:51 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
As for making it exclusive to PE2K, I was just offering a suggestion. Personally I'd rather see a Park at 'Garden as well. My biggest concern is someone from PE2K or 'Garden making a secret account on the other forum in order to go through the Park at both sites at the same time. Though of course, sense we most likely won't be allowing inter-forum trading, it won't really do anyone any good to do so except to get Mon for both stats.
I'm lobbying in favor of inter-forum trading ;^^

I think we just need to have a close watch on that sort of thing if we do move the Park. For instance, if someone consistently trades away mons they catch in the Park to one specific person, that might warrant looking at.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:05 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

I wouldn't mind inter-forum trading myself. Honestly, if people create an account on another forum just to trade between their two accounts, what's it matter? They'll only be swapping Mon they own between accounts, which would be pointless IMO.

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 03-11-2010 at 10:10 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:20 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
I wouldn't mind inter-forum trading myself. Honestly, if people create an account on another forum just to trade between their two accounts, what's it matter? They'll only be swapping Mon they own between accounts, which would be pointless IMO.
Well, let's see...

-Battle your own basics
-Multiple Park runs at once
-Become a ref on one to cheat for the other

A lot of problems could arise and it would be easier to just ban the practice of multiple accounts altogether.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:32 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

And as was said, most people aren't going to go through all the trouble that would entail.

We could always make it so that you MUST, on both forums, list your account name on the other forum. It'll be obvious if people are getting around this by making secret accounts; just look and see if two people seem to be battling only each other, or if most battles are between them. See if two people constantly seem to be trading Pokemon after simultaneous Park runs. Not sure how we'd catch the reffing thing, unless there were others in the chat who saw that one battler constantly seemed to have flawless prediction.

If we have separate stats on each forum, then simultaneous Park runs shouldn't be an issue because you'd be earning different Pokemon on different forums. Of course we'd enforce a "No trading between your separate accounts" thing to prevent people who get good Mon in the Park from constantly sending them to another accounts.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 03-11-2010, 10:40 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
And as was said, most people aren't going to go through all the trouble that would entail.

We could always make it so that you MUST, on both forums, list your account name on the other forum. It'll be obvious if people are getting around this by making secret accounts; just look and see if two people seem to be battling only each other, or if most battles are between them. See if two people constantly seem to be trading Pokemon after simultaneous Park runs. Not sure how we'd catch the reffing thing, unless there were others in the chat who saw that one battler constantly seemed to have flawless prediction.

If we have separate stats on each forum, then simultaneous Park runs shouldn't be an issue because you'd be earning different Pokemon on different forums. Of course we'd enforce a "No trading between your separate accounts" thing to prevent people who get good Mon in the Park from constantly sending them to another accounts.
It's already been decided, one set of stats for everyone.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:48 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Cool, so basically we'll transfer our stats back and forth then?

If that's the case we might as well allow inter-forum trading.

Anyways, I'm going to talk to Phoenix about getting a sub-board for the Park for the RP section. Otherwise, if we have to shove everything for the Park under one board, it'll get WAY to cluttered and disorganized.

If we have to we can make a thread archive for Ranger Stats, but the RP section needs its own sub-board, period.

We should discuss possible thread merge'ings and unstickies in order to help keep the Park board as organized as possible.

^Rock Musical Bleach^